Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving council house

Options
  • 08-01-2018 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

My parents have a council house, they have a young child and my older sister who suffers from a mental illness, they have never been happy in the area they are in due to problems with neighbors etc. They were wondering if they gave the house back to the council would they be entitled to HAP in a different county (they want to move closer to family). They are also worried about security for my younger brother, if they move and rent privately they would like to find a place where they could stay for a few years, not to be having to move him about too often, what length would a lease normally be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

They would be better off looking for a transfer either through the council or advertising. Some Facebook pages for council transfers and adverts, gum tree etc. Unlikely they will be eligible for HAP if they gave up a council house.

Advertisement