Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Build - Gaming / Browsing - €700

Options
  • 08-01-2018 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Going to attempt to build me first PC! Going to start with a Ultrawide monitor and would like to have the option of adding a second non-ultrawide in time. I would also like 16gb of RAM for future proofing.

Don't mind spending a bit extra on a motherboard if it gives me more flexibility in the future if I want to upgrade.

Not sure if I should go Inter or AMD?

Any opinions on this card? https://www.overclockers.co.uk/zotac-geforce-gtx-1060-mini-6144mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-106-zt.html

All advice appreciated!

1. What is your budget? €800

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Mainly gaming and some office work

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Have an 250GB SSD and a 2TB HDD.

5. Do you need a monitor? No - going to buy a 1080p Ultrawide 21:9 (has its own budget)

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Keyboard and mouse - wireless if possible

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? I would like the option if I wanted to try in the future

8. How can you pay?
    Debit/Credit/Transfer

9. When are you purchasing? Within the next month.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Should be fine building it.

Comments

Advertisement