Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding a short-term rental in South Dublin

Options
  • 08-01-2018 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Looking really for more insider tips & tricks here. We're planning on getting an extension which will require us to move out for the 8-12 weeks it'll take.

We'd rather not spend 3 months at the in-laws, so ideally we'd be able to rent something for that time, but obviously the market is crazy.

My thinking is that there's no doubt a certain amount of property out there which the owner doesn't want to go to the hassle of renting out long-term, or can't rent out (because they use it half the year or something), so me being able to hand them a chunk of cash and their house gets looked after for 3 months by someone who is definitely going to move out, would be ideal for them.

But how to go about finding them...

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭mmg0305

There was a thread here somewhere a few days ago about someone renting for 6 months through Airbnb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I know someone who does this as she goes to her son in Brisbane for 3 months at a time.

I know this might sound odd but she finds renters through the local hairdressers. Generally sons and daughters of clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭GGTrek

seamus wrote: »
    Looking really for more insider tips & tricks here. We're planning on getting an extension which will require us to move out for the 8-12 weeks it'll take.

We'd rather not spend 3 months at the in-laws, so ideally we'd be able to rent something for that time, but obviously the market is crazy.

My thinking is that there's no doubt a certain amount of property out there which the owner doesn't want to go to the hassle of renting out long-term, or can't rent out (because they use it half the year or something), so me being able to hand them a chunk of cash and their house gets looked after for 3 months by someone who is definitely going to move out, would be ideal for them.

But how to go about finding them...

Any suggestions?
    I do in Dublin north side for studios and 1beds, either 1-3 months short lettings or for people who want more than 3 months I offer residential lettings not longer than 6+2 months notice period for a total of 8 months (no part 4 rights ever granted). I have a vacancy now and in May-June period 2 to 4 vacancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

GGTrek wrote: »
    I do in Dublin north side for studios and 1beds, either 1-3 months short lettings or for people who want more than 3 months I offer residential lettings not longer than 6+2 months notice period for a total of 8 months (no part 4 rights ever granted). I have a vacancy now and in May-June period 2 to 4 vacancies.
    Sorry, should have stated South Dublin, my daughter will still be in school so need to be within a few KM of the current house. Thanks for the offer though - I guess this is the kind of thing lettings agents look after too but may not advertise?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭KellyXX

mmg0305 wrote: »
    There was a thread here somewhere a few days ago about someone renting for 6 months through Airbnb.

That was me.
    Couldn't be easier.
    Op try Airbnb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Contact estate agents. They may have empty houses in their books that will sellll better in a few months. On the basis your doing an extension and definitely only needs it for a limited time they can arrange short lets

Advertisement