Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Influencers over-editing photos in Social Media/Cyber-bullying accusations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

RMC has reached such high levels of smugness i can smell it from D4

Share! i refuse to give her any clicks that drive up her engagement

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

ahayes84 wrote: »
    Share! i refuse to give her any clicks that drive up her engagement

Twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I clicked.. :(
    Bloggers Unveiled never needed to be anonymous; there's no shame in that game. What there is shame in, is being motivated to unveil bloggers by your sheer obsession-slash-hatred with these people you've never met and will never know.

She types 'slash'?

Who is she giving advice to? :confused:
    How is there shame in unveiling bloggers? A blind person can see that there is a massive audience for what she is/was doing and it is not motivated by hatred. I would suggest that it is motivated by doing the right thing, but that seems to be something that none of *them can get their head around.
    Why do the words always revert to 'hatred' and 'bullied', it is as if *they don't know what the words actually mean.

*by 'them' and 'they', I am referring to RMC, WMC and their ilk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Who is RMC please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Suckit wrote: »
    I clicked.. :(

She types 'slash'?

Who is she giving advice to? :confused:
    How is there shame in unveiling bloggers? A blind person can see that there is a massive audience for what she is/was doing and it is not motivated by hatred. I would suggest that it is motivated by doing the right thing, but that seems to be something that none of *them can get their head around.
    Why do the words always revert to 'hatred' and 'bullied', it is as if *they don't know what the words actually mean.

*by 'them' and 'they', I am referring to RMC, WMC and their ilk.

You missed the previous tweet:

"In case there's any confusion, let me say: calling out bloggers / anyone for lying, ripping people off etc = good. Setting up an anon Instagram page to do that = fine. Setting up an anon Instagram page b/c you are a blogger obsessive with 100 different alises = bonkers."

RT and RMcC have a long nasty history - they both speak disgustingly about each other - I'd leave them both to it and not bother taking sides.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

amdublin wrote: »
    Who is RMC please?

Rosemary McCabe, some sort of blogger or self appointed social influencer or person that people seem to hate.

The WMC guy is banging on about all the years of hurt she's caused.... Holy **** get over yourself, it's not like she's the Catholic Church.... Why are they so focused on the girl but ignoring the great things BU done.

I see that i spy page have emerged from under its rock aswell.

amdublin wrote: »
    Who is RMC please?

Rosemary McCabe, she used to post on Boards a good bit, she has had several run ins with boards members, most of who have changed names/profiles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

BU would be a great newspaper column.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Floppybits

BU would be a great newspaper column.
    It would and would probably be taken more seriously in a newspaper rather than online but I'd say the newspapers would be scared by legal action to run a column such as this.

• Advertisement

GingerLily wrote: »
    You missed the previous tweet:

"In case there's any confusion, let me say: calling out bloggers / anyone for lying, ripping people off etc = good. Setting up an anon Instagram page to do that = fine. Setting up an anon Instagram page b/c you are a blogger obsessive with 100 different alises = bonkers."

RT and RMcC have a long nasty history - they both speak disgustingly about each other - I'd leave them both to it and not bother taking sides.
    I hadn't seen that. I don't mind any of them, but the self appointed advisory role and the negativity spewed by so many of them is hard to read/get into.
    BU was different (for me anyway) in that, it wasn't driven on hate. It may have begun that way, I don't know, but at it's peak there were so many people submitting things and blogs that they wanted everyone to know about, it had shifted a huge distance. It wasn't hate driven then.

Floppybits wrote: »
    It would and would probably be taken more seriously in a newspaper rather than online but I'd say the newspapers would be scared by legal action to run a column such as this.
    I am sure many would be be aware of that, and would know how to proof check before publishing.
    If it ever did happen, it would likely be a watered down version.
    For example, they may not be able to point out that items have been purchased in China and the markup is excessive, but they could link to a very similar looking item on a Chinese store.
    I'd read it :D

Floppybits wrote: »

I think it makes sense to keep it to social media - it's where the people who follow influencers are! People who are falling for lies from influencers aren't likely to be reading The Times!

snipped

She only wasted police time if the death threats weren't real - they're not really dependent on her being BU or not.

I was someone who had a lot of sympathy initially but I'm on the fence at the fence - I'm disgusted by the threats obviously, but she's partially responsible for the rest of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Sorry, who's RT?

This is hard enough to follow as it is :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

JaMarcus wrote: »
    Sorry, who's RT?

This is hard enough to follow as it is :o
    They are the initials of the person people seem to think is behind Bloggers Unveiled...not sure I am allowed to add name here...

I'm a bit lost now at this stage. Jaysus.

gmisk wrote: »
    They are the initials of the person people seem to think is behind Bloggers Unveiled...not sure I am allowed to add name here...

Ah okay. And this is a separate person to the girl in Tullamore that was named in Irish Times article, is it?

Jesus Christ, this stuff needs a daily synopsis at this stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I'm a bit lost now at this stage. Jaysus.

As am I....:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

JaMarcus wrote:
    Ah okay. And this is a separate person to the girl in Tullamore that was named in Irish Times article, is it?

No, it's the same person. <snip>

• Advertisement

Dial Hard wrote: »
    No, it's the same person. <snip>

Oh right. I'm an idiot, I never copped that they were the same initials :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

So has someone admitted to being BU? Was it the girl in the Sunday times article?

I don't actively use social media (fb, insta, reddit) so I'm guessing everything is playing out on closed groups/thread/instagram stories....?

Jesus Christ, this stuff needs a daily synopsis at this stage!
    Nope I think that is same person.

My understanding

This person lets call them "RT" (received threats, a mass card etc seemingly) they denied (and I think still do) they were bloggers unveiled, but they sent messages which proved in fact it was them seemingly to the White Moose guy, and his bf did an instagram story stating that.
    Another blogger (Rosemary MacCabe) also posted screenshots stating they also thought bloggers unveiled was "RT".
    Bloggers unveiled posted message saying they were ending.
    The contents of the instagram site are now totally gone.

I think that about sums it up....but I could be wrong...

So has someone admitted to being BU? Was it the girl in the Sunday times article?

I don't actively use social media (fb, insta, reddit) so I'm guessing everything is playing out on closed groups/thread/instagram stories....?

My take on it is that the girl in the IT article was accused, denied it, and then this Jason Kidd guy posted up lots of stuff to his Instagram page as "proof" it actually is her. If you take what he's posted at face value, it's hard to disagree that it isn't her.

I'm just waiting for the next bombshell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

My take on it is that the girl in the IT article was accused, denied it, and then this Jason Kidd guy posted up lots of stuff to his Instagram page as "proof" it actually is her. If you take what he's posted at face value, it's hard to disagree that it isn't her.

I'm just waiting for the next bombshell.

BU said they were sent that screenshot with the sunflower profile pic by someone and posted it up, that is where the confusion is apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It's not just the White Moose guys who have proof (lest anyone be inclined to write that off just because they're a pair of attention-grabbing tosspots), there's a couple of screenshots doing the rounds with definitive proof, and not just the hastily-deleted one which people here were trying to say only proved that RT had submitted stuff to the page.

• Advertisement

BU said they were sent that screenshot with the sunflower profile pic by someone and posted it up, that is where the confusion is apparently.

JK also had in insta a conversation with an unknown person and Santa Paws - who is RT (proof of that on Insta) - they are discussing that a 'Lindsay' knows its her and discussing what proof she might have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Why would she pull the plug because of a little heat from some crackpots?

JK also had in insta a conversation with an unknown person and Santa Paws - who is RT (proof of that on Insta) - they are discussing that a 'Lindsay' knows its her and discussing what proof she might have.
    Oh god I am lost again...who is JK?

The only one I know is JK Rowling!

gmisk wrote: »
    Oh god I am lost again...who is JK?

The only one I know is JK Rowling!

Of white moose cafe JassonKidd - he's being doing the a lot of the exposing, it's in his Insta Stories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

'Lindsay' knows its her and discussing what proof she might have.

I think this is referring to Mermaid Jade who is an admin on Mas who drink

• Advertisement

Of white moose cafe JassonKidd - he's being doing the a lot of the exposing, it's in his Insta Stories
    Ah ok didnt get the abbreviation doh thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

I feel like I saw a different page to a lot of you. I always saw nasty undertones to the BU account They could never just post facts, always had to get snide little digs in too and it got worse and worse as they performed to their ever growing audience. It was obvious that they saw the attention bull****callerouter got and wanted a bit of that themselves, it was never anything to do with wanting to help people see what bloggers were doing and everything to do with putting bloggers in their place.

I also thought everyone was just pretending not to know who BU was. It certainly didn't take rocket science to connect the dots, sure they didn't even attempt to change their posting style across various media. As for people expecting bloggers to take some kind of high ground in all this, the (alleged)person behind BU spent years of their life spewing vileness about said bloggers long before BU became a thing, years ripping into every little thing they did and you want them to pretend like none of that happened now?

When you spend years of your life being rotten to pretty much every section of society across the internet you aren't going to make friends and can't be surprised when people are less than sympathetic when the full extent of your actions come to light.

I also thought everyone was just pretending not to know who BU was.
    :rolleyes:
    Really?

It may not have been hard to figure out if you follow so many of them, but I don't see how you thought everyone was just pretending..

:rolleyes:
    Really?

It may not have been hard to figure out if you follow so many of them, but I don't see how you thought everyone was just pretending..

Ok, anyone who uses forums. I was talking about everyone here and the various other forums they posted on, I should have been more specific sorry.

mod removed original post

I haven't looked back over LOR's posts, but the other name Shoes doesn't sound too upset when bull****callerouter was mentioned here for one of the first times. Everyone seems to agree that is what is needed (at the time).

I don't think it matters that she is outed, she'll just need to approach things differently. She has a talent - maybe with a lot of negativity attached, but if she was going to single out anyone, she seems to have chosen the right ones (most of the time).

If she take some time away, and comes back in a week, now that everyone knows who she is, it could be beneficial. It may not be. She could aim at another market.

No matter if she was "bullying" (a word that has lost all meaning to me), I prefer that many of the people being called out, were being called out for the reasons that they were.
    I am useless at judging of someone is nice or not, so I don't really care too much about their online persona. If they are trying to con/fleece people, then they are game for the shooter.

I haven't looked back over LOR's posts, but the other name Shoes doesn't sound too upset when bull****callerouter was mentioned here for one of the first times. Everyone seems to agree that is what is needed (at the time).

I don't think it matters that she is outed, she'll just need to approach things differently. She has a talent - maybe with a lot of negativity attached, but if she was going to single out anyone, she seems to have chosen the right ones (most of the time).

If she take some time away, and comes back in a week, now that everyone knows who she is, it could be beneficial. It may not be. She could aim at another market.

No matter if she was "bullying" (a word that has lost all meaning to me), I prefer that many of the people being called out, were being called out for the reasons that they were.
    I am useless at judging of someone is nice or not, so I don't really care too much about their online persona. If they are trying to con/fleece people, then they are game for the shooter.

What was her talent? The ability to re post what people sent her?

You might not care about online personas but the people she has spent years bad mouthing(not just bloggers, many regular Joes were at the end of her trolling) do care and can you blame them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I’m totally lost.

I never really got a bitchy vibe from BU.

It is amusing to watch grown adults behave the way some are the past few days.

Not at all surprised RMC has thrown her hat in the commentary ring either.

I’m totally lost.

These people need to get off their laptops and have a chat with themselves, a bunch of people on the wrong side of thirty celebrating... kinda grim life for all involved that is bizarrely reminiscent of how pre secondary school would act.

RMC/WMC are all equally as toxic

I’m totally lost.

I definitely thought the page was getting increasingly bitchier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

JK posted a screenshot of Shoesdays or sundaysshoes *something can't remember the user name* but they had posted a thread here, a good few months back, asking if it possible to track/link back a blog thingy to the person who set it up (along those lines) ie. BU on Instagram.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

There was a section of the last word dedicated to this and it's featured on the various radio stations news headlines all day..peak madness! :confused::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

GingerLily wrote:
    I definitely thought the page was getting increasingly bitchier!

Especially aimed at So Sue Me, I got the impression BU personally didnt like her.

What was her talent? The ability to re post what people sent her?

You might not care about online personas but the people she has spent years bad mouthing(not just bloggers, many regular Joes were at the end of her trolling) do care and can you blame them?

I am referring solely to the BU account, not the years before.

I am referring solely to the BU account, not the years before.

What were the years before? Was there a different bloggers unveiled type account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Especially aimed at So Sue Me, I got the impression BU personally didnt like her.

I disagree, there was only one page post about her in recent times. The rest seemed to be shown in stories, mostly of the gloopy tan.
    I think the worst part (for bloggers) was the comment section so posting in stories saved Sue from that.

I’m confused by people saying RT catfished/trolled etc. Where?

What were the years before? Was there a different bloggers unveiled type account?

No, just the girl who is allegedly behind it badmouthed or berated bloggers she didn't like.

I disagree, there was only one page post about her in recent times. The rest seemed to be shown in stories, mostly of the gloopy tan.
    I think the worst part (for bloggers) was the comment section so posting in stories saved Sue from that.

She started on Bebo apparently, she got up to a lot on Facebook groups too - the Mas who drink...

Apparently she trained in 'Brawl Hall' lol - a website to practice trolling - there are screenshots doing the roads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Looks like a parody account has already been set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Google her name and you will see. There has for years been a blog that called this girl out as a troll and catfish.

• Advertisement

Google her name and you will see. There has for years been a blog that called this girl out as a troll and catfish.

I can't see anything??

Advertisement