Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Influencers over-editing photos in Social Media/Cyber-bullying accusations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

What was that all about? I'd never heard of Sinead Rice until the other day and when I went to have a look, I can see who the company in question is, but what exactly went on?

Check out the link on her Ig page, she has it saved under InglotUnveiled

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭DublinHun72

Sinead Rice is worth a follow on Instagram the last couple of days. She has a lot of feedback coming through about a certain company and their treatment of staff. Seems to be coming from current employees and ex employees.

What was that all about?  I'd never heard of Sinead Rice until the other day and when I went to have a look, I can see who the company in question is, but what exactly went on?
    seems to be very unethical treatment of staff. Bullying - zero hours contracts. No toilets in the stores etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭Rmgblue

Omg RMC needs to go check herself. €700 in a week and she can’t afford to sustain her blog? I can’t stop laughing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Rmgblue wrote:
    Omg RMC needs to go check herself. €700 in a week and she can’t afford to sustain her blog? I can’t stop laughing

And that 700e doesn't even include bills or rent!

Rmgblue wrote: »

I can’t understand how she has any sort of a following

She is about as inspirational as a goldfish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

pc7 wrote: »
    I thought it was Claire B's money diaries we were looking for lol! Cant believe Rosemary is giving the poor mouth and spends almost 400 on 3 necklaces, absolutely ripping the piss.

She 100% is ripping the piss. She’s a troll, and she will absolutely love being spoken about here and the fact her shiitty blog is getting hits. I’m surprised she hasn’t tweeted about these posts yet, she must not know she’s being discussed yet. Odd, since she usually has alerts on her phone for whenever her name is mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

She 100% is ripping the piss. She’s a troll, and she will absolutely love being spoken about here and the fact her shiitty blog is getting hits. I’m surprised she hasn’t tweeted about these posts yet, she must not know she’s being discussed yet. Odd, since she usually has alerts on her phone for whenever her name is mentioned.

RMC is the personification of someone whose dignity has been replaced with a narcissistic quest for likes and popularity... Is she still a PT?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

I am a doctor (a senior registrar; the grade below consultant) and I can't afford to spend what RMC spends, nor would I be dumb enough. I spend a lot on grooming and clothes and live in Dublin too; at least I have something to show for any of my splurges! A good wardrobe and looking well put together. I am shocked that she is trying to normalise that kind of wastefulness.

I note that in last weeks spending diary, she whinges about not wanting to fork out 60e for a GP, after throwing away 30-80 quid per meal all week. And then begging for donations from followers. Maybe she should ask for donations to go to a woman's aid charity, as she prides herself on being such an advocate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

She's a disgrace. Just this week there was an article in either the Times or the Indo about a civil service worker practically living on the breadline and unable to afford lunches out etc

How can RMC feel no shame publishing her spending diaries?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

I read her spending diaries but I took it as satire rather than reality. She's very accommodating employers, is she a personal trainer as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    I read her spending diaries but I took it as satire rather than reality. She's very accommodating employers, is she a personal trainer as well?

Writing about spending money is her job I think 🀔!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I read the first two, but she has veered off point asusual. Now it’s “i woke up and wondered if I should go to the gym.” Irrelevant filler Is boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I read the first two, but she has veered off point asusual. Now it’s “i woke up and wondered if I should go to the gym.” Irrelevant filler Is boring.

So that wasnt her on newstalk at lunch time saying she had PTSD from seeing the posters of fit people in the gym because it was a body she could never achieve. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

I can't see anything about inglot on Sinéad page. Did she delete does anyone know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

ja1986 wrote: »
    I can't see anything about inglot on Sinéad page. Did she delete does anyone know.

See this pic, you need to go on to her page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

RMC has said that there'll be no spending diary this week. Wonder why?!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

RMC has said that there'll be no spending diary this week. Wonder why?!

Prob doesn't get paid till the first of the month.

Prob doesn't get paid till the first of the month.

But that would make it actually interesting!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Apparently a member of the public is doing one instead! Can't link on the phone but it's up on her blog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

People were on Joe Duffy almost an hour ago talking about paying up to €5000 for cosmetics and makeup course, which turns out is not accredited by the correct bodies that they were led to believe had accredited it. They also had to work for 200 hours "work experience" for free (the course owners were paid for the work).
    (From post #9387 onwards, although not a lot mentioned about the course :D ) - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057870934&page=626

Apparently BU kicked it all off last Wednesday, and when Joe Duffy tried to contact the owner, she said something along the lines of 'The abuse has been vile and is affecting my personal life and I will not be answering anything today.'
    The Bloggers faithful, perceived get-out-of-jail-free card.

BU just locked down while I was browsing. Can't seem to view it at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I'd seen that last week on BU avant garde was the company named. It was scandalous, saying they were accredited, printing the certificates, setting exams with cctv saying they were monitored. If the allegations are proven to be true its pure and utter theft and fraud. BU does some good work imo

I hadn't heard about printing certificates :eek:

If they hadn't claimed anything, then surely the customer/pupil is at fault for not reading. But if they were printing fake certs... Ouch. I wonder would that come with a prison sentence. Imagine telling the Judge that this is affecting her personal life..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

On BU they had the certs and official certs, BU slagged them about buying gold leaf crests on eBay to stick on. They should still be on BU on Instagram.

I wish BU would keep it to Bloggers talk - maybe they could create another profile for their animal cruelty stuff, it's most of their posts these days...... I don't disagree with her but it's coming across as a bit preachy or something.

(I do care about animal cruelty BTW, through official charities and organisations)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I noticed Kate Kelly getting a dig in at MUF about her new dog. She mentioned how she would like to rescue a puppy but it would be unfair when she’s living in an apartment in Dublin.

Its absolutely crazy having a husky or pomsky whatever its called in an apartment, its just plain wrong. But do agree wish BU would stick to blogger stuff. Thought the drink driving on the weekend was a bit dodgy too, unless they served or bought the guy drink (I've no idea who he was) its hard say he was really drink driving.

The people who paid for the course must have gone to a few media outlets.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/standards-agencies-give-louth-based-avant-garde-make-up-academy-studio-the-brush-off-373q9z2dj

https://www.lmfm.ie/news/owner-of-avant-garde/
    The owner of Avant Garde Make-up College in Drogheda has told LMFM that it was her understanding that her courses were accredited.
    How could she not know whether or not her own courses were accredited?

https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/drogheda-independent/20180724/281487867140432

GingerLily wrote: »
    I wish BU would keep it to Bloggers talk - maybe they could create another profile for their animal cruelty stuff, it's most of their posts these days...... I don't disagree with her but it's coming across as a bit preachy or something.

(I do care about animal cruelty BTW, through official charities and organisations)

I think she's deleted some of the posts because I definitely have seen more posts then what's on her Insta - maybe it was her stories?
    Hmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

pc7 wrote: »
    Its absolutely crazy having a husky or pomsky whatever its called in an apartment, its just plain wrong. But do agree wish BU would stick to blogger stuff. Thought the drink driving on the weekend was a bit dodgy too, unless they served or bought the guy drink (I've no idea who he was) its hard say he was really drink driving.

BU has a platform, a fairly prominent platform and see's injustices and can shine light upon and maybe affect change, a change for the good.

Bloggers as much as we may dislike it, have a very powerful influence over teenagers and young adults for the most part, so having a Husky in a apartment is seen as ok by your ideal/role model, maybe your'll do the same. The dog gets bored, not trained properly, gets out an bites some...A dog gets put down purely as a result of neglect, as huskies require a lot of exercise, stimulation and work

• Advertisement

No I get the MUF dog thing as I can imagine requests for the 2k pomsky have shot up for that kennel. I don't get the missing dog, this guy runs a puppy farm ones but its their page they can do what they like.

Anyhow looks like they'll be finishing up supposedly they made a mistake and posted their own instagram to BU page and are going to be outed. They have posted saying people who are suspected of being BU are getting death threats and there is a 50k bounty on their head (said they have gone to the guards). Hopefully they've done enough to show people its all fake and a sham. I'll miss their posts.

Advertisement