Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Influencers over-editing photos in Social Media/Cyber-bullying accusations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

pc7 wrote: »
    No I get the MUF dog thing as I can imagine requests for the 2k pomsky have shot up for that kennel. I don't get the missing dog, this guy runs a puppy farm ones but its their page they can do what they like.

Anyhow looks like they'll be finishing up supposedly they made a mistake and posted their own instagram to BU page and are going to be outed. They have posted saying people who are suspected of being BU are getting death threats and there is a 50k bounty on their head (said they have gone to the guards). Hopefully they've done enough to show people its all fake and a sham. I'll miss their posts.

Who got outed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

No I get the MUF dog thing as I can imagine requests for the 2k pomsky have shot up for that kennel. I don't get the missing dog, this guy runs a puppy farm ones but its their page they can do what they like.

Anyhow looks like they'll be finishing up supposedly they made a mistake and posted their own instagram to BU page and are going to be outed. They have posted saying people who are suspected of being BU are getting death threats and there is a 50k bounty on their head (said they have gone to the guards). Hopefully they've done enough to show people its all fake and a sham. I'll miss their posts.
    BU hasn't been outed, I saw the now deleted story and it was about Nikki.

No, BU is stepping back because of the serious threats made to that person who got the mass card, they have been harassed and gotten death threats which is now in the hands of the guards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

wyrn wrote:
    BU hasn't been outed, I saw the now deleted story and it was about Nikki.

What's this about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

rawn wrote: »
    What's this about?

Try scrolling up about 3 posts!

Sorry to be clear, not the BU part, the Nikki/deleted story part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

rawn wrote: »
    Sorry to be clear, not the BU part, the Nikki/deleted story part.
    I can't quite remember because I haven't a clue who Nikki is, so the story didn't stick in my memory.

It was something like "Nikki as been quite lately, is she ok" and then possibly LittleBowPip tagged in. I'm not a 100% sure.

All I remember was, it wasn't a smoking gun of being outed.

wyrn wrote: »
    I can't quite remember because I haven't a clue who Nikki is, so the story didn't stick in my memory.

It was something like "Nikki as been quite lately, is she ok" and then possibly LittleBowPip tagged in. I'm not a 100% sure.

All I remember was, it wasn't a smoking gun of being outed.

Yeah that was it...I went to click into the Instagram and it was a load of bows so was completely confused!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Statement regarding beauty school from one of the places they claimed to have accreditation from

https://www.cibtac.com/About/Blog/ArticleID/1248/statement-regarding-avant-garde-makeup-academy-ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I wonder if that is what happened yesterday, as I was reading through it, it all shutdown.

I hope they pass the torch, or maybe share it. It should take some of the heat off them, and there is a big enough audience.
    The only one I can think of that I may be weary of offering a bounty would be the closet people. As they seem to have very strong links with some nasty characters. Any funeral cards/death threats are unlikely to be followed up, but not something that you would be willing to risk.
    At the same time, continuing should be the best thing to do, as then it might show it has nothing to do with whomever is being threatened.

Statement regarding beauty school from one of the places they claimed to have accreditation from

https://www.cibtac.com/About/Blog/ArticleID/1248/statement-regarding-avant-garde-makeup-academy-ireland
    CIBTAC must be mainly Irish to put that on their site?
    I imagine Avant Garde are in a lot of trouble now.

Are BABTAC and CIBTAC self appointed bodies that do a very good job, or are they recognised bodies by colleges or by whatever legal bodies etc?

If self appointed then they would be also bringing a court case I would imagine.

"This is affecting my personal life" keeps coming back to me... (in a funny way).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Who's the person who was supposedly "outed" as BU and getting death threats?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Guys can I just ask not to name names until we double check with the office?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I'm BU

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Guys unless it is confirmed somewhere else, please don't name names as to who might be behind Bloggers Unveiled here. It would be unfair to those being named when it might not be correct - the story is getting a lot of attention at the moment and no one wants to be at the centre of that if they aren't BU!

If the person(s) own up to being behind it or there is a press release or news story confirming who it is then happy days but until then please don't post any name speculations. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Who's the person who was supposedly "outed" as BU and getting death threats?
    It’s me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

It’s me

How did that happen? Sounds awful!

Floppybits wrote: »
    I'm BU
    It’s me

oPY0Tb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

I am also Spartacus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lauren951

Has anyone noticed that in earlier BU posts he/she refers to themselves as us/we? For example a post from January says “Same day. Same launch. Different looks? Google these pics and you will find them! Not edited by us!”. Must be ran by more than one person

I'm BU and so's my wife!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I'm Billy Murphy! Oh wait, wrong thread ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I definitely think it is now a different person/ people than it used to be. BU took a break for a few days a few months ago and when they came back the tone of the page changed and I felt it became quite bitchy. There were a load of leading posts and pics alluding to them being at certain gigs/ flights etc. which added to the "who are they?" drama. This is when they started posting loads of off topic stuff around animal welfare and stuff. It just seemed like a totally different page. When they posted that "ask a question" thing last week I asked was BU started by a different person and they never answered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Seen their story on Instagram today about someone being accused of being BU and other Irish bloggers stirring the pot, this new page i spy with seems like a grab at followers wanting to know about about the current BU story. Its crazy how this situation seems to be getting bigger and bigger by the day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Lauren951 wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that in earlier BU posts he/she refers to themselves as us/we? For example a post from January says “Same day. Same launch. Different looks? Google these pics and you will find them! Not edited by us!”. Must be ran by more than one person

I was thinking the same thing this evening, they say only their partner knows they run the page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I’d love if it was Retro Flame, stinging all the Irish scammers from NYC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

• Advertisement

How did she get targeted?
    Crazy the way the bloggers are first to whinge and moan when they get comments that they don't like, and their followers tend to join in complaining about being bullied etc.
    But seeing as nobody else should or probably would be outraged by BU, it is easy to presume that it is bloggers sending those vile threats.
    I hope the Gardaí track the messages back to the correct people and publicly humiliate them before whatever punishment they are due gets handed out.

Advertisement