Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Influencers over-editing photos in Social Media/Cyber-bullying accusations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Even if it is BU, surely there's no reason to not keep going?
    It'll be harder, but at the same time easier to trust people now that she doesn't have to worry about people knowing who she is.
    The conversation with the screengrabs promising not to tell anyone, if that's true is a particularly sneaky, low individual.
    But my God, that JK... Ugh... Fuuggh... *shudder*
    I forced myself to listen to that drivel for I think 2 minutes, and it was the longest 2 minutes of my life.

It is possible that BU is just one person, but it seems more plausible that it is a couple or a few people. Personally, I would keep it going. It makes little sense to close it now, regardless if BU is or is not the person named.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Suckit wrote: »
    Even if it is BU, surely there's no reason to not keep going?
    It'll be harder, but at the same time easier to trust people now that she doesn't have to worry about people knowing who she is.
    The conversation with the screengrabs promising not to tell anyone, if that's true is a particularly sneaky, low individual.
    But my God, that JK... Ugh...  Fuuggh... *shudder*
    I forced myself to listen to that drivel for I think 2 minutes, and it was the longest 2 minutes of my life.

It is possible that BU is just one person, but it seems more plausible that it is a couple or a few people. Personally, I would keep it going. It makes little sense to close it now, regardless if BU is or is not the person named.

I think the problem is that if BU is this person, its now all about them and anything they'd do from now on can now be critized because frankly their personal credibility has been shot to ****.
    If BU had turned out to be some normal girl with no history of trolling/catfishing then perhaps their identity wouldnt matter, but in this case I think it does.
    I still think its possible that BU is not the individual that JK has essentially named, that they are just courting the attention  - IMO that fits better with their previous behavior on other platforms.
    Also totally agree re JK - if I never see or hear from him or the odious Paul again, that would be ideal. The worst of all this is that it seems to be raising their profiles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

It is possible that BU is just one person, but it seems more plausible that it is a couple or a few people.

I think this might be the case alright. There was a definite change of tone a couple of months ago.

However i also think that due to so many people believe that BU is the girl who has been outed that continuing is impossible.

What if she passed the torch..
    E.G. went forward from now with proof that x, y or z couldn't have been her. At least until it calms down (which it will).

For example, If I was person named, I would give you the next breaking story then p*ss off to Spain or something (which would be perfectly understandable in the current climate), then you publish the story to BU with todays paper and maybe a few pics around the town of Blogging events or other things in public proving the date..
    I could prove I was in Spain.

I'm just throwing out an example/suggestion. There are many other ways to do it.

The whole thing is crazy, but the witch hunt is disgusting, and the self pity and "i'm sorry so many of you had to go through this" made me feel a little sick..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

E.G. went forward from now with proof that x, y or z couldn't have been her. At least until it calms down (which it will).

For example, If I was person named, I would give you the next breaking story then p*ss off to Spain or something (which would be perfectly understandable in the current climate), then you publish the story to BU with todays paper and maybe a few pics around the town of Blogging events or other things in public proving the date..

I'm just throwing out an example/suggestion. There are many other ways to do it.

The whole thing is crazy, but the witch hunt is disgusting, and the self pity and "i'm sorry so many of you had to go through this" made me feel a little sick..

What your suggesting would make me confident that they are involved and just have someone helping in Ireland!

BU is too messed up with Ramona now - if BU isn't Ramona they can just set up a new profile, I'm sure once a boardsie finds them then we'll all follow again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

It's a perfect plan except they have internet in Spain. :D

meeeeh wrote: »
    It's a perfect plan except they have internet in Spain. :D

:D

I mean coupled with proof that certain things couldn't be by them while they are in Spain. But as Gingerlily stated, a new account starting from scratch is good too.. But surely it would be similar/same. People still wondering if it is or is not her.

I would just continue as is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Jaysus who would have thought calling out a few blogger/Social Influencers would result in this witch hunt. Some folks need to go outside and get some fresh air. 
    As usual in Ireland its attack the person/people exposing the wrong doing rather than praising them for it and making the changes.

Honestly i think if the account is meant to be one person than there will always be speculation that it is the person who has been named.

Now if it was clear that the account was run by many people then it could work. It might also bring more editorial oversight and anti bias to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Is this thread going to go crazy now?

The white moose cafe guys partner.....has proof who BU was/is and she has been on boards for years (under loads of different accounts) and have a history of harassing people.....

CALL THE MODS!!!!

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    Is this thread going to go crazy now?

The white moose cafe guys partner.....has proof who BU was/is and she has been on boards for years (under loads of different accounts) and have a history of harassing people.....

CALL THE MODS!!!!

LOL - that news is like 2 days old.

It's relatively civilised here I reckon, with the regulars, not that everyone's agreeing with each other!!

GingerLily wrote: »
    LOL - that news is like 2 days old.

It's relatively civilised here I reckon, with the regulars, not that everyone's agreeing with each other!!
    I am so behind lol

At least the whole BU thing will keep some bloggers a little more honest.

It definitely did some good things like exposing the made up make up qualification, which is fraud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Don't forget exposing the bloggers who like to drive while videoing themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

I'm sure there will be a few that will think they are justified in carrying on being shady. That the backlash against BU (for god knows what reason) means that BU is wrong and they are in the right.

RockDesk wrote: »
    I'm sure there will be a few that will think they are justified in carrying on being shady. That the backlash against BU (for god knows what reason) means that BU is wrong and they are in the right.

I don't think there would have been such a backlash if someone had exposed it was actually Mary from accounting etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

There are plenty of examples of good done by BU in highlighting dodgy practices
    • Girls who use sunbeds promoting fake tan
    • Girls using filters promoting fake tan
    • Ridiculous use of photoshop
    • Misuse of Depop and similar
    • Failure to disclose sponsored content
    • Buying tat from China and selling at ridiculous markups
    The list goes on.

I just went on the page to remind myself of more examples but all content has now been deleted :(

Floppybits wrote: »
    Don't forget exposing the bloggers who like to drive while videoing themselves.
    I agree, I think in the main its been a good thing.
    Its the wild west really there seems to be no regulation, a lot of bloggers seem to really exploit there following a lot of which are really young kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Im fully expecting a flurry of copy cat accounts that will be saying and posting ALL SORTS of outrageous **** in an attempt to get a fraction of the followers BU ever had, expect a massive vacuum of ridiculousness where people will be wishing the unbias(ish) gaze never went away.

Correct me if I am wrong, but afaik WMC has only really ever drawn attention to themselves by ridiculing other people and/or pointing the finger at people 'name and shame' etc..
    Is that correct, or have they actually ever done anything worthwhile (no matter how small) on their blog (nothing to do with the business)?
    They just seem to thrive on it.

Im fully expecting a flurry of copy cat accounts that will be saying and posting ALL SORTS of outrageous **** in an attempt to get a fraction of the followers BU ever had, expect a massive vacuum of ridiculousness where people will be wishing the unbias(ish) gaze never went away.

Well if you find any account you'd recommend please post here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Well if you find any account you'd recommend please post here :)

Of course, i deactivated fb so Boards is my permanent home now :)

If it was her, she is clearly very talented. If I owned a newspaper I would be banging down her door to get her to head up an entire section dedicated to it.
    The red-tops and 'entertainment' rags should be all over her.
    Imagine the stuff that she was uncovering, being released to a much larger audience (childrens parents etc..), and being regulated more efficiently.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

So is the person in the Times article actually BU, reading on Galz it seems they are BU? Is that right? I'm fricken lost at this stage. Sad to see BU go whoever they were, they really opened a lot of eyes.

pc7 wrote: »
    So is the person in the Times article actually BU, reading on Galz it seems they are BU? Is that right? I'm fricken lost at this stage. Sad to see BU go whoever they were, they really opened a lot of eyes.

Nothings confirmed - although from Jason's Insta it looks likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

God that Jason White Moose fella is very dislikable isn't he? With his filthy nails, posting videos filmed while sitting on the toilet bowl and his faux sincerity..he's quite odious and only loving all the drama

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

God that Jason White Moose fella is very dislikable isn't he? With his filthy nails, posting videos filmed while sitting on the toilet bowl and his faux sincerity..he's quite odious and only loving all the drama
    Yep... and a massive hypocrite as well.

THIS!
    Jesus the dirt and length of his nails!
    The faux sincerity was very grating.

gmisk wrote: »
    THIS!
    Jesus the dirt and length of his nails!
    The faux sincerity was very grating.

And to think he works in the food industry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Nothings confirmed - although from Jason's Insta it looks likely

Do you have to follow him to access his insta story?

• Advertisement

Do you have to follow him to access his insta story?
    Nope...i wouldnt follow him and i watched it

Advertisement