Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Influencers over-editing photos in Social Media/Cyber-bullying accusations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

ahayes84 wrote: »
    And to think he works in the food industry
    Nails Unveiled?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

gmisk wrote: »
    Nope...i wouldnt follow him and i watched it

You wouldn't have a link would you I can't find it, I'm not at all fluent with insta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Nails Unveiled?

Oh god! the thought of that is putting me off my lunch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭Floppybits

God that Jason White Moose fella is very dislikable isn't he? With his filthy nails, posting videos filmed while sitting on the toilet bowl and his faux sincerity..he's quite odious and only loving all the drama

I actually think this jason white and his partner fit the BU profile more than anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Seems strange people are ignoring the screenshots and attacking those that shared them, am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭statina

Farewell Bloggers Unveiled!! I thought it was a brilliant page, it really helped me to open my 17 year old sister's eyes to the fakeness of the bloggers!! Very sad to see it go, wishing the creator all the best. She has a bright future ahead of her.

You wouldn't have a link would you I can't find it, I'm not at all fluent with insta
    I dont sorry its on phone
    Just search jassonkidd

You have to use the instagram app to view the stories. Search for him on that and then tap his profile picture to view the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

You have to use the instagram app to view the stories. Search for him on that and then tap his profile picture to view the story.

You can view stories on a web browser too, you don't have to use the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

RMC has reached such high levels of smugness i can smell it from D4

• Advertisement

RMC has reached such high levels of smugness i can smell it from D4

Share! i refuse to give her any clicks that drive up her engagement

Share! i refuse to give her any clicks that drive up her engagement

Twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I clicked.. :(
    Bloggers Unveiled never needed to be anonymous; there's no shame in that game. What there is shame in, is being motivated to unveil bloggers by your sheer obsession-slash-hatred with these people you've never met and will never know.

She types 'slash'?

Who is she giving advice to? :confused:
    How is there shame in unveiling bloggers? A blind person can see that there is a massive audience for what she is/was doing and it is not motivated by hatred. I would suggest that it is motivated by doing the right thing, but that seems to be something that none of *them can get their head around.
    Why do the words always revert to 'hatred' and 'bullied', it is as if *they don't know what the words actually mean.

*by 'them' and 'they', I am referring to RMC, WMC and their ilk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Who is RMC please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Suckit wrote: »
    I clicked.. :(

She types 'slash'?

Who is she giving advice to? :confused:
    How is there shame in unveiling bloggers? A blind person can see that there is a massive audience for what she is/was doing and it is not motivated by hatred. I would suggest that it is motivated by doing the right thing, but that seems to be something that none of *them can get their head around.
    Why do the words always revert to 'hatred' and 'bullied', it is as if *they don't know what the words actually mean.

*by 'them' and 'they', I am referring to RMC, WMC and their ilk.

You missed the previous tweet:

"In case there's any confusion, let me say: calling out bloggers / anyone for lying, ripping people off etc = good. Setting up an anon Instagram page to do that = fine. Setting up an anon Instagram page b/c you are a blogger obsessive with 100 different alises = bonkers."

RT and RMcC have a long nasty history - they both speak disgustingly about each other - I'd leave them both to it and not bother taking sides.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

amdublin wrote: »
    Who is RMC please?

Rosemary McCabe, some sort of blogger or self appointed social influencer or person that people seem to hate.

The WMC guy is banging on about all the years of hurt she's caused.... Holy **** get over yourself, it's not like she's the Catholic Church.... Why are they so focused on the girl but ignoring the great things BU done.

I see that i spy page have emerged from under its rock aswell.

amdublin wrote: »
    Who is RMC please?

Rosemary McCabe, she used to post on Boards a good bit, she has had several run ins with boards members, most of who have changed names/profiles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

BU would be a great newspaper column.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭Floppybits

BU would be a great newspaper column.
    It would and would probably be taken more seriously in a newspaper rather than online but I'd say the newspapers would be scared by legal action to run a column such as this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

GingerLily wrote: »
    You missed the previous tweet:

"In case there's any confusion, let me say: calling out bloggers / anyone for lying, ripping people off etc = good. Setting up an anon Instagram page to do that = fine. Setting up an anon Instagram page b/c you are a blogger obsessive with 100 different alises = bonkers."

RT and RMcC have a long nasty history - they both speak disgustingly about each other - I'd leave them both to it and not bother taking sides.
    I hadn't seen that. I don't mind any of them, but the self appointed advisory role and the negativity spewed by so many of them is hard to read/get into.
    BU was different (for me anyway) in that, it wasn't driven on hate. It may have begun that way, I don't know, but at it's peak there were so many people submitting things and blogs that they wanted everyone to know about, it had shifted a huge distance. It wasn't hate driven then.

Floppybits wrote: »
    It would and would probably be taken more seriously in a newspaper rather than online but I'd say the newspapers would be scared by legal action to run a column such as this.
    I am sure many would be be aware of that, and would know how to proof check before publishing.
    If it ever did happen, it would likely be a watered down version.
    For example, they may not be able to point out that items have been purchased in China and the markup is excessive, but they could link to a very similar looking item on a Chinese store.
    I'd read it :D

Floppybits wrote: »

I think it makes sense to keep it to social media - it's where the people who follow influencers are! People who are falling for lies from influencers aren't likely to be reading The Times!

snipped

She only wasted police time if the death threats weren't real - they're not really dependent on her being BU or not.

I was someone who had a lot of sympathy initially but I'm on the fence at the fence - I'm disgusted by the threats obviously, but she's partially responsible for the rest of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Sorry, who's RT?

This is hard enough to follow as it is :o

JaMarcus wrote: »
    Sorry, who's RT?

This is hard enough to follow as it is :o
    They are the initials of the person people seem to think is behind Bloggers Unveiled...not sure I am allowed to add name here...

I'm a bit lost now at this stage. Jaysus.

They are the initials of the person people seem to think is behind Bloggers Unveiled...not sure I am allowed to add name here...

Ah okay. And this is a separate person to the girl in Tullamore that was named in Irish Times article, is it?

Jesus Christ, this stuff needs a daily synopsis at this stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I'm a bit lost now at this stage. Jaysus.

As am I....:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,895 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

JaMarcus wrote:
    Ah okay. And this is a separate person to the girl in Tullamore that was named in Irish Times article, is it?

No, it's the same person. <snip>

• Advertisement

Dial Hard wrote: »
    No, it's the same person. <snip>

Oh right. I'm an idiot, I never copped that they were the same initials :o

Advertisement