Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Influencers over-editing photos in Social Media/Cyber-bullying accusations

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Will do that later :)

I thought you were joking at first. What exactly is the issue with a business sourcing goods on a foreign market and selling them locally at a mark-up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I thought you were joking at first. What exactly is the issue with a business sourcing goods on a foreign market and selling them locally at a mark-up?

They were claiming the items were Irish bespoke designs and creations and charging a premium for same. Turns out they were ordered in bulk from Ali express/other Chinese tat website. If I remember correctly one bridal head piece was €170 and on Ali express it was €7.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

They were claiming the items were Irish bespoke designs and creations and charging a premium for same. Turns out they were ordered in bulk from Ali express. If I remember correctly one bridal head piece was €170 and on Ali express it was €7.50

I think that poster is asking about a different scenario - a few posts up!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭linpoo

heldel00 wrote: »
    I was a big fan of BU and would have regularly discussed the dramas with my sisters. To me it seemed as if they were doing a good job. People power and all that craic....

But back a few weeks ago there was a local drama on FB involving animals. I won't go into all the details but we couldn't believe it when BU got behind the campaign and more or less helped to spur on the lynchmob.
    They gave details of the individual involved and called for them to be sacked from their postition. Now keep in mind that this person had done nothing wrong -apart from doing their job which seems to infuriate people around here. One whelp felt the rules, that all the rest of us follow, didn't apply to her and took to Facebook to start a hate campaign against this individual. Needless to say keyboard warriors the length and breadth of Ireland pounced.
    BU didn't do an ounce of research before jumping on the bandwagon and posting this on their page. They had no consideration for this person or their family and they lost any respect i may have had for them previously.
    Sloppy, lazy work.

Was that about AHAR? I remember that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

GingerLily wrote: »
    I think that poster is asking about a different scenario - a few posts up!

It's a similar type situation. It's been a long day and I'm not getting into it now with the other posters who might just be hearing about this kind of thing for the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

The whole thing is just so toxic.

I just hope the ASAI will start to enforce some rules & regulations. We need a real body with authority to ensure that the public aren’t being duped.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I would just hate to be a teenager in this era, bloggers photoshopping, the fitfam site highlighting the photoshopping going on there. It really is scary, their view of what is a 'normal' body or even a 'ripped body' is so distorted and fake its very sad. A certain person mentioned many times in this section is living proof that she doesn't seem happy in her own skin and can be unrecognizable in real life compared to posted pictures. Is as brown as if she lived in the med all year round but doesn't use sunbeds. I find it very sad. Its all so fake and toxic, I really fear for my kids. They are young so I hope by the time they are older and exposed to this stuff the checks are in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

Fitfamfailures seems to be gone as well. Was that run by the same person? I always thought they were different people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

They're talking about it on Morning Ireland right now

• Registered Users Posts: 16 itsme2015

RockDesk wrote: »
    Fitfamfailures seems to be gone as well. Was that run by the same person? I always thought they were different people!

I thought they were a different person - either the person behind BU really does have a load of different online personas, or whoever is behind fitfamfailures got freaked by what happened to BU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Could be that they are watching this and deciding how to go forward. Might think it's not worth it, or may be ensuring they don't make any mistakes in terms of letting their identity slip.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

They had a story up yesterday about how they still supported BU and how they wouldn’t be going anywhere! (Went so far as to say that they have put steps into place to protect the account :confused: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Suckit wrote: »
    Could be that they are watching this and deciding how to go forward. Might think it's not worth it, or may be ensuring they don't make any mistakes in terms of leting their identity slip.

Fitfamfailures insisted it was a guy behind their account. Posting style is very different, so much text over photos is annoying sometimes with fast transitions

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Especially aimed at So Sue Me, I got the impression BU personally didnt like her.

I disagree, there was only one page post about her in recent times. The rest seemed to be shown in stories, mostly of the gloopy tan. I think the worst part (for bloggers) was the comment section so posting in stories saved Sue from that.

Totally agree. BU never trolled she ran the page fairly it was the publics comments and tagging was the worst part about their own run ins with said bloggers.

Telly wrote:
    I wouldn’t call her a troll. She gave her opinions and some weren’t very savory but I wouldn’t call that trolling. As for pretending to be someone else when she was a teen? Isn’t that what all teens do? I just find it very hard to see what she did in the past = all the shít she has got the last week or so.

I agree. All to ruin her rep so she wouldn't continue. If BU posted something a blogger did in 2010 she would be laughed at now the lynch mob is out for her. She never used the nasty scandal she received on her page if she is this nasty person people are making out. All she posted was true. Now WMC and the bloggers are getting their way and everyone is listening to it. I'm surprised at the amount of people who can't think for themselves on instagram.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I agree. All to ruin her rep so she wouldn't continue. If BU posted something a blogger did in 2010 she would be laughed at now the lynch mob is out for her. She never used the nasty scandal she received on her page if she is this nasty person people are making out. All she posted was true. Now WMC and the bloggers are getting their way and everyone is listening to it. I'm surprised at the amount of people who can't think for themselves on instagram.

It’s pure rabble rousing. No balance to it. Throw loads of accusations and deny right of reply.
    But there is a real human behind this.

TheChizler wrote:
    I'd be surprised if the admins missed multiple simultaneous accounts as you seem to be suggesting.

TheChizler wrote:
    How are you linking all these accounts? The user I'm thinking of had two usernames but the same account going back years and years. Nothing unusual about that, loads of posters change usernames.

Suckit wrote:
    So is she 29 now? 21st birthday on Jessisfake, and is was going a few years before that? This whole thing is starting to get a bit creepy. so many knew it was her, or it was easy to know? People have been writing about her since at least 2010. She obviously did a few stupid things (one main one in particular) when she was a kid, and has not been let forget it. On top of that, she obviously lost her mother when she was young which also would be tough for anyone, and everybody deals with that differently. She may have lacked a mothers guidance when she was making those mistakes, but I know nothing about her home life. I am guessing she has been ridiculed about the catfish episode since then (as is a little apparent on the twitter account of the girl who she posed as). No doubt she was stupid, but I can kind of see where the anger might be coming from. Not excusing it.

Suckit wrote:
    But as has been mentioned already, that was a long time ago and should have zero bearing on this. I can also see how BU took off and it would be very easy to run with it, especially when it is being encouraged by so many people. I still encourage it.

Suckit wrote:
    I am missing what she has done so wrong in recent times, as BU. Apart from the debatable hair accusation and the hat thing that I haven't seen.

Suckit wrote:
    An awful lot of people relishing in this. It is as said, very creepy. A lot about it is.

Suckit wrote:
    So is she 29 now? 21st birthday on Jessisfake, and is was going a few years before that? This whole thing is starting to get a bit creepy. so many knew it was her, or it was easy to know? People have been writing about her since at least 2010. She obviously did a few stupid things (one main one in particular) when she was a kid, and has not been let forget it. On top of that, she obviously lost her mother when she was young which also would be tough for anyone, and everybody deals with that differently. She may have lacked a mothers guidance when she was making those mistakes, but I know nothing about her home life. I am guessing she has been ridiculed about the catfish episode since then (as is a little apparent on the twitter account of the girl who she posed as). No doubt she was stupid, but I can kind of see where the anger might be coming from. Not excusing it.

This 😀 i couldn't agree more. Do people not see what is happening here. They are over exaggerating they want everyone to turn on BU. It is in their best interest why esle are they using things from 8 years ago every little helps. Also anyone who met the girl or had a run in of course will use this opportunity to twist the knife "anonymously" mind you. We have no idea of these peoples past dealings with her.

It’s pure rabble rousing. No balance to it. Throw loads of accusations and deny right of reply.
    But there is a real human behind this.

Who denied anyone the right to reply? BU had a much bigger follow base then anyone else outing them. In contrast when a blogger was incorrectly shamed on her page there was no apology and the vast majority of people would never even know that the accusation was false.

This is ugly on both sides!

I just hope the BU page comes back. I think the stuff it exposed was horrendous. It took alot of nerve and time to do it. I just judge the person behind BU as how they acted and used their public platform as BU. I really dont care about the hearsay of an average girl who isn't in the public limelight. Back 8 years ago internet was different. Also a few hard opinions, who cares. I wouldn't care.for the opinion of a stranger online if this the worst she done.

I just hope the BU page comes back. I think the stuff it exposed was horrendous. It took alot of nerve and time to do it. I just judge the person behind BU as how they acted and used their public platform as BU. I really dont care about the hearsay of an average girl who isn't in the public limelight. Back 8 years ago internet was different. Also a few hard opinions, who cares. I wouldn't care.for the opinion of a stranger online if this the worst she done.

She has a private Instagram too called I_spy_ where she shares things average folk on Facebook say in private groupa- presumably to ridicule them.

This is not 8 years ago - this account is open today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 itsme2015

I think most of the stuff BU posted about was a good thing and was factual. It was ridiculous to see some of the bloggers who were called out get so up in arms about it and cry bullying about things that were simply facts being reported. However it's not correct to say that BU was never trolling - a recent response to one of those 'ask me a question' on insta stories compared two people's appearance to the 'white chicks' movie.

I obviously don't agree with doxxing and harassment of anybody, but to say that BU wasn't sometimes very mean spirited is misleading and simply not true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Rosemary McCabe

Who is WMC?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

SozBbz wrote: »
    Rosemary McCabe

Who is WMC?

White Moose Cafe (Paul and Jason).

SozBbz wrote: »
    Rosemary McCabe

Who is WMC?

White moose cafe!

We probably need a sticky at this stage to explain everyone's short hard and aliases!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

New Instagram account up.

@Bloggerunveil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

GingerLily wrote: »
    She has a private Instagram too called I_spy_ where she shares things average folk on Facebook say in private groupa- presumably to ridicule them.

This is not 8 years ago - this account is open today.

Do you have proof that that’s ran by her? Believe it or not, but not every single anonymous account on the internet is ran by this person.

Do you have proof that that’s ran by her? Believe it or not, but not every single anonymous account on the internet is ran by this person.

Sorry I know you are very close to her- I should have allegedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

It's also slating BU and has been since this stuff has started.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tostayorgo

After all those revelations it seems to me she was good starting out but it was gradually descending into a bitchy tone. Once she started doing the Q& A she would slip in the sly dig, even Pippa O'Connors husband was attacked for no reason. It was during these that her true self was exposed

Given her history there was only one way this account was heading and that was downward and God knows what would have been posted. Thank God it is gone.

[sQUOTE=itsme2015;107684638]I think most of the stuff BU posted about was a good thing and was factual. It was ridiculous to see some of the bloggers who were called out get so up in arms about it and cry bullying about things that were simply facts being reported. However it's not correct to say that BU was never trolling - a recent response to one of those 'ask me a question' on insta stories compared two people's appearance to the 'white chicks' movie.

I obviously don't agree with doxxing and harassment of anybody, but to say that BU wasn't sometimes very mean spirited is misleading and simply not true.[/QUOTE]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Are you talking about the @I.spy_with insta.... that one was hinting at naming BU at one point I thought.

Advertisement