Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Influencers over-editing photos in Social Media/Cyber-bullying accusations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

GingerLily wrote: »
    What exactly is their case? They'll make no money from going after her and there business is already tarnished.

I don't know but it could be to scare others away. Anyway I don't think people realise how generous courts can be to those defamed online . It's also not necessarily RT or just RT behind the account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

That’s not what we’re discussing. I’m not sure if you’re being deliberately obtuse or what, but we’re talking about AD accusing RT of being all these accounts that were abusing her, with absolutely ZERO evidence.

Her evidence is pretty much “who else would do it if not RT” and the method and language is similar.
    Hard to fathom this whole thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

meeeeh wrote: »
    I don't know but it could be to scare others away. Anyway I don't think people realise how generous courts can be to those defamed online . It's also not necessarily RT or just RT behind the account.

No but its not a going to be a person with a vast amount of wealth either, I 100% support BU for outing Caris Closet by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Her evidence is pretty much “who else would do it if not RT” and the method and language is similar.
    Hard to fathom this whole thing.

That’s not evidence. The internet is full of trolls.

That’s not evidence. The internet is full of trolls.

Its hard to get evidence though to be fair - maybe she should go to the guards with what she has and see what they say? Because if it's not RT then it's someone else and she might still get harassed online! Those emails and messages were disgusting.

(I'm assuming RT if she was trolling will probably take a step back from it all)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

No but its not a going to be a person with a vast amount of wealth either, I 100% support BU for outing Caris Closet by the way.
    I honestly wonder would it be worth CC to pursue it in the long run. It had mostly blown over online. Going to court would be really expensive and there's no guarantee of a pay out.

Also, if BU was taken to court, I'd imagine their barrister would ask CC to prove where they purchased certain dresses and provide receipts for those that have copies on Ali Express. I don't know if CC would want to risk getting questioned on somethings.

wyrn wrote: »
    I honestly wonder would it be worth CC to pursue it in the long run. It had mostly blown over online. Going to court would be really expensive and there's no guarantee of a pay out.

Also, if BU was taken to court, I'd imagine their barrister would ask CC to prove where they purchased certain dresses and provide receipts for those that have copies on Ali Express. I don't know if CC would want to risk getting questioned on somethings.

CC makes my blood boil!!

CC makes my blood boil!!

I checked Cari's Closet website and they are really not my thing. Trashy looking stuff but whatever was written about them still has to be accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Sure time will tell!
    If there is any inkling of an indication that giving out BU's IP could cause a danger to them, they won't release it.
    Judging by the amount of death threats everybody involved seems to be getting, I am going to take a guess that BU has also received some. There is no way a Norwich Pharmacal order will be issued (even without the death threats).
    It could open the floodgates for lots of other things too.
    I would be very surprise if the court approved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

I'm with ibarelycare on this...there's no doubt RT has serious issues but I just don't believe she's BU or for that matter ALL the accounts AD referenced. It seems every single vitriolic msg is instantly attributed to RT. All those msgs were horrific. In my view BU had a completely different writing style and I don't believe it's possible to go that long without delving into your true style of delivery which if we're to believe it was the same troll. ..would have relished the opportunity of eviscerating the likes of RMC to such a massive audience.

I think the South paws /RT troll definitely had a few accounts. But you can't just say ...oh there's a bitchy comment. ...that's defo her too!

• Advertisement

Yes it does appear she has been involved in a lot of trolling. No denying that. But what AD is saying has no evidence as far as I can see. She even mentioned two accounts that I know for a fact aren’t RT.

There does seem to be a lot of random connecting the dots

AD (not the only one by any stretch of the imagination) seems to be jumping to the conclusion that different accounts are one and the same person purely because of some similar mannerisms, and because RT is in the spotlight for stuff at the minute.
    I do believe that it is possible that RT has created more than one account and has used those accounts for other purposes, but I don't believe that she is all of those accounts and more.

I also don't doubt that some of the people calling her out for being a bitch or whatever, have also the capability of being nasty on social media themselves.
    I've never seen so much nastiness surfacing in my whole life, and it's only in one industry. This whole thing has me taken aback by quite a bit, and really opened my eyes a lot wider, and I still get the feeling that I have barely seen anything.

I'm with ibarelycare on this...there's no doubt RT has serious issues but I just don't believe she's BU or for that matter ALL the accounts AD referenced. It seems every single vitriolic msg is instantly attributed to RT. All those msgs were horrific. In my view BU had a completely different writing style and I don't believe it's possible to go that long without delving into your true style of delivery which if we're to believe it was the same troll. ..would have relished the opportunity of eviscerating the likes of RMC to such a massive audience.

I think the South paws /RT troll definitely had a few accounts. But you can't just say ...oh there's a bitchy comment. ...that's defo her too!
    Pretty much said everything I just said. Post quicker the next time please, save me typing. :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Suckit wrote: »
    If there is any inkling of an indication that giving out BU's IP could cause a danger to them, they won't release it.
    Judging by the amount of death threats everybody involved seems to be getting, I am going to take a guess that BU has also received some. There is no way a Norwich Pharmacal order will be issued (even without the death threats).
    It could open the floodgates for lots of other things too.
    I would be very surprise if the court approved it.

Why do you think such an order wouldn't be issued?

Didn't the operators of Glasnevin Cemetery secure such an order against an anonymous twitter 'expose' user just a few months ago?

Graham wrote: »
    Why do you think such an order wouldn't be issued?

Didn't the operators of Glasnevin Cemetery secure such an order against an anonymous twitter 'expose' user just a few months ago?

Yes, that is slightly different though, although there are many similarities. They didn't have the same stigma or notoriety attached.
    Also twitter didn't seem to fight it.
    FB seem to fight orders like that all the time.
    But i guess it would mainly boil down to the threatening tone surrounding this whole 'outing'.
    Whether or not the death threats are real won't be taken into account, only that they exist. (I don't know if they do exist directly to BU, but I am assuming that threats of some kind exist on social media somewhere mentioning BU).

I think FB would fight it, citing that BU's life could be in danger if they were to release their IP. I would imagine that they would have a lot more evidence of that too.
    I can't imagine it happening.

Lol, AD gave us an honourable mention.

Whether she's right or wrong about RT being behind all of the trolling, I feel very sorry for her, she has obviously been harassed online and that's horrible.

It's getting silly now. AD just said .....'BU being defended on boards ....just to let u know any of those ppl defending her ...are friends of BU or BU herself. '

Christ on a bike.

It's getting silly now. AD just said .....'BU being defended on boards ....just to let u know any of those ppl defending her ...are friends of BU or BU herself. '

Christ on a bike.

I'd cut her some slack personally, we know the regulars to this forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Christ on a bike.

who is AD and RT ?
    pm please

She’s a fcuking idiot saying that (hi Aoife). Same as Jason the other day. Of course anyone who disagrees with what they’re doing must be RT :rolleyes:

who is AD and RT ?
    pm please

Aoife Dooley - check our her Instagram stories

Ramona Tracey - she was accused of being bloggers Unveiled and has received death threats. She has been accused of trolling people also, Aoife has had issues with her on reddit and thinks she's behind other harassment she's getting

• Advertisement

This really is entertaining. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

I thought BU had the exact same writing style as Lexi here. What could BU have unveiled about RMC? She might not have liked her but RMC has always been really transparent as regards #ads and affiliate links, she doesn't photoshop herself, she doesn't actually seem to do anything that you could expose.

I thought BU had the exact same writing style as Lexi here. What could BU have unveiled about RMC? She might not have liked her but RMC has always been really transparent as regards #ads and affiliate links, she doesn't photoshop herself, she doesn't actually seem to do anything that you could expose.

I thought so as well, now it doesn't prove RT is BU but there's no concrete evidence either way.

The thing I don't get with everyone's paranoia is ... back in the day I had a different twitter account. ... I didn't use it at first and then I got a new phone and when I tried then to use twitter I couldn't for the life of me remember who I was. So I tried to open a new account ....but my problem was my email was already linked to the old one blah blah blah. Anyway my point is ....It was a pain in the ass and is a pain in the ass on most forums to have multiple accounts cause u need to have multiple emails then too.

Whilst I think RT obviously has that. I really don't believe it's to the extent she's been given credit for.

I may have missed it but why does AD have a beef with BU at all? Did BU ever reference her ??

Lexi liked MUF, often defended her on here and on other platforms. Even defended her against stuff BU posted about her. That’s what I find strange (well one of the things). I don’t know whether or not Lexi is BU (I’d gone from thinking it was her a few months ago to being “100% sure” it wasn’t her until the last week) but I think the witch hunt that’s going on is horrific and disturbing.

I was only made aware of the lexi thing last week so although I remember her name I can't specifically remember her style so I can't comment on that. I was referencing the screenshots I'd seen of south paw and a few others. I mentioned RMC cause I recalled seeing something about RT and related troll accounts being very vocal about Rmc. But to my recall BU never was.

Just to add I have not one iota of knowledge /personal link to any of these ppl. ..I'm literally following this with popcorn in hand like most of the rest of you.

Lexi liked MUF, often defended her on here and on other platforms. Even defended her against stuff BU posted about her. That’s what I find strange (well one of the things). I don’t know whether or not Lexi is BU (I’d gone from thinking it was her a few months ago to being “100% sure” it wasn’t her until the last week) but I think the witch hunt that’s going on is horrific and disturbing.

+1. The whole thing.
    I watched some more of AD's stories, while there is no doubt she has had a tough time with some people giving her stick, I think she is also coming across as a little bit paranoid and determined to connect them to the same person, even if there is more than one person.
    I think she may need to take a step back and have a rest from it (from finding who the person or people are, and responding to them or even giving them any time). It can't be healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

What did Aoife Dooley mean by linking Lexi and TropicAnna on reddit? TropicAnna was Anna080 on here and although witty and full of gossip, could be extraordinarily bitchy at times. Particularly where Rosemary was concerned. Is she saying Lexi and Anna are one and the same? Her quote was "Anna, your mate Lexi ratted you out to me."

I have lost interest in who BU is; tbh anything Paul and Jason get on board with generally turns me off it straight away. Whether Ramona is BU or not, she sounds like an unwell woman who needs help.

This will totally blow over btw.

blairbear wrote: »
    What did Aoife Dooley mean by linking Lexi and TropicAnna on reddit? TropicAnna was Anna080 on here and although witty and full of gossip, could be extraordinarily bitchy at times. Particularly where Rosemary was concerned. Is she saying Lexi and Anna are one and the same? Her quote was "Anna, your mate Lexi ratted you out to me."

I have lost interest in who BU is; tbh anything Paul and Jason get on board with generally turns me off it straight away. Whether Ramona is BU or not, she sounds like an unwell woman who needs help.

This will totally blow over btw.

Maybe Anna is BU and Lexie told Aoife - I joke!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I think some people are getting carried away now, thinking that the same person is behind every account. I can only speak for boards, but moderators have tools to check if a person has more than one account, as it's against the rules. They're far from perfect, of course, but they are useful nonetheless. If we're suspicious, it gets raised to Admin who have even more tools. I think it's safe to say that not everyone posting in support of BU on this thread is the same person!

Advertisement