Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Influencers over-editing photos in Social Media/Cyber-bullying accusations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Faith wrote: »
    I think some people are getting carried away now, thinking that the same person is behind every account. I can only speak for boards, but moderators have tools to check if a person has more than one account, as it's against the rules. They're far from perfect, of course, but they are useful nonetheless. If we're suspicious, it gets raised to Admin who have even more tools. I think it's safe to say that not everyone posting in support of BU on this thread is the same person!

I actually was going to PM a mod and ask, thanks for letting us know!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

It's getting silly now. AD just said .....'BU being defended on boards ....just to let u know any of those ppl defending her ...are friends of BU or BU herself. '

Christ on a bike.
    Like I said, I'm blocked by AD so I can't see what she's saying exactly.Taking that quote above at face value...
    defending BU does not mean some of us condone RT online past history or even think that BU is RT.

I hate this mode of thinking "because you think of x, you must be for y". You see it a lot in politics at the moment. As Calsberg once said, there's always an option C

Just to give the thread a laugh

RMC has an insta story up now about BU and RT.

Spoiler - it's mainly about being bullied by RT and the affects of that rather then the BU angle!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

GingerLily wrote: »
    RMC has an insta story up now about BU and RT.

Spoiler - it's mainly about being bullied by RT and the affects of that rather then the BU angle!

Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

The impact of Aoife's revelation will surely be lost if she continues to add to her story ad nauseum.
    Very hard to get through that many story posts. Surely there is a more concise way to articulate it. Same goes for Rosemary.

I have a pain in my face after all of that.

• Advertisement

RMC = Perpetual victim, thank got it wasn't a guy trolling her.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

RMC = Perpetual victim, thank got it wasn't a guy trolling her.

What part of the incessant trolling did you feel was justified, out of curiosity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

I thought so as well, now it doesn't prove RT is BU but there's no concrete evidence either way.

I'd be a bit surprised if RT is BU tbh.

I'm a regular poster on a throwaway account for this, but I've spoken to RT through PM loads of times, without knowing who the eff she was and she was always very sweet and friendly and funny when chatting with me.

Additionally I've seen her having a problem with a specific user and she sure as hell didn't go behind an anonymous name to call the person out, she called them out from her profile and took no **** from them.

Sure she's probably a troll, but I don't think she has it in her to be quite as nasty as people are making out.

I could be completely wrong but that's my 2c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

What part of the incessant trolling did you feel was justified, out of curiosity?

They never said the trolling was justified.

It's my belief when you choose to live your life in a very public fashion (like the majority of bloggers / influencers) there is a certain trade off that person within this industry makes through attempting to earn a living by building a brand and gaining popularity among your peers and followers.... am i wrong ?

RMC is a particular blogger who (in my own opinion) you either like or dislike depending on your personal preference. Her opinion, views and attitude may not be to everybody's liking... unfortunately the industry she takes part in is one where others who may dislike her opinion, viewpoint, attitude or just her character can easily access her with all manner of hate filled mails, comments and opinion.

Incessant trolling ISN'T justified but its part of the trade off involved with that area, it will always be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I think RT was a bit of a bitch to RMC (she was not the only one) on this site but RMC is a blogger. While not pleasant dealing with trolls is part of the job and while the trolling she describes was malicious it was not utterly scary. RMC is trying to make money by directing as much attention onto herself as possible. Some of it will be negative, it was RMC who decided to step away from blogging, I think sometimes somebody else gets blamed for issues that are there anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Can I clarify something please, because I'm not familiar with any of these social media platforms or apps:

How could the seemingly private exchange between "Santa Paws" (whoever you may believe that to be) and her friend have been captured - assuming it's authentic and not photoshopped? Would it have to be the friend who took the screen shot or could someone else have viewed the conversation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭IvyTheTerrific

I'd be a bit surprised if RT is BU tbh.

I'm a regular poster on a throwaway account for this, but I've spoken to RT through PM loads of times, without knowing who the eff she was and she was always very sweet and friendly and funny when chatting with me.

Additionally I've seen her having a problem with a specific user and she sure as hell didn't go behind an anonymous name to call the person out, she called them out from her profile and took no **** from them.

Sure she's probably a troll, but I don't think she has it in her to be quite as nasty as people are making out.

I could be completely wrong but that's my 2c
    That doesn't prove anything. Someone being nice to you doesn't they are nice to everyone. Not saying anything about that particular poster but it's a flimsy argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

That doesn't prove anything. Someone being nice to you doesn't they are nice to everyone. Not saying anything about that particular poster but it's a flimsy argument.

On a "throwaway account" it doesn't lend much credibility either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

blairbear wrote: »
    The impact of Aoife's revelation will surely be lost if she continues to add to her story ad nauseum.
    Very hard to get through that many story posts. Surely there is a more concise way to articulate it. Same goes for Rosemary.

I have a pain in my face after all of that.

Youtube video and post a link to it. She was at one stage thinking that somebody was getting her content removed (it was because there was too many story vids).

A dog barked at me on the way back from Tesco... I'm pretty sure RT had something to do with it.

Can I clarify something please, because I'm not familiar with any of these social media platforms or apps:

How could the seemingly private exchange between "Santa Paws" (whoever you may believe that to be) and her friend have been captured - assuming it's authentic and not photoshopped? Would it have to be the friend who took the screen shot or could someone else have viewed the conversation?

I think a PM would need to be screen shotted by one or two of the users. Unless there is spyware involved or a hack.

I'm assuming it was a screen shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I think a PM would need to be screen shotted by one or two of the users. Unless there is spyware involved or a hack.

I'm assuming it was a screen shot.

So the most likely scenario if the screen shot is authentic is that the friend took a screen shot and then passed it on to someone or shared it in a group? So whoever Santa Paws is, her friend made their private conversation public and Santa Paws knows who this friend is that has exposed her?

And the conversation implies they met in person when the baby picture was shown so this is someone known to her personally. What a friend if that's the case! And what a person to p1ss off when she is in your real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I can't feel sorry for anyone who has caused that much needless drama/pain. Yes there may be contributing mental health issues which is sad of course and I do have a certain amount of sympathy but equally actions have consequences and there is just no excuse for that kind of behaviour.

Gas to think that the same people who used to rage against bloggers crying mental health and anxiety to avoid consequences are doing just that now. (Edit: I don't just mean boardsies btw)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

I was just trying to say in this day and age surely we should be more conscious of driving people to the brink. There is no doubt she was a total c you next tues to people online, I've read the Jess is fair and watched ADs feed and I personally disliked her direct attack on RC for her own anxiety struggles but surely this witch hunt and everyone pour hate on someone who clearly has her own mental health issues isn't the way to go

• Advertisement

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    I am so glad I grew up before the internet and all this trolling and blogging took off

Me too, social media gets very dark very quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

Emer90 wrote: »
    <snip>

Do you not think that if someone is 'going out of her way to personally victimiz innocent people' it's a fairly clear sign that they may not be in the best frame of mind? And they possibly have some issues surrounding mental health?

With regard to FBG bringing the daughter to the gym, I don't know anybody that would be happy to leave a toddler unsupervised around weights that could injure them. Not sure why Grace would do that, seems a bit unsafe to me. They weren't far away from her but accidents can happen in an instant.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

It's hard not to conclude there's something else going on here.

I can't help but think there's a lot of people being suckered into providing free advertising.

Maybe I'm just cynical:

https://www.google.ie/search?q=outrage+marketing

Graham wrote: »

I can't help but think there's a lot of people being suckered into providing free advertising.

Maybe I'm just cynical:

Anyway you could explain your theory?

Maybe I'm just cynical:

Funnily enough, I think the opposite at the moment. This was definitely used earlier in the year. But with the recent stuff, Paul has been very quiet and strangely it's been Jason who has been vocal.

Anyway you could explain your theory?

anonymous bloggers, anonymous posters, popping up all over social media to wind the audience into a frenzy to keep certain people/blogs/businesses in the discussion.

You couldn't script it better.

Wind them up, watch them go...

anonymous bloggers, anonymous posters, popping up all over social media to wind the audience into a frenzy to keep certain people/blogs/businesses in the discussion.

I actually think many bloggers get so much hate, that they want to have a face to blame, regardless of the truth or not.

wyrn wrote: »
    I actually think many bloggers get so much hate, that they want to have a face to blame, regardless of the truth or not.

either way it's good for business.

BU went after WMC, I do not believe they are colluding.

If BU is RT then there is no way they are colluding - RT has been vocal about her dislike for WMC

If RT is not connected to BU then I'm sure she would have exposed WMC as being connected to BU if it were true

• Advertisement

BU went after WMC, I do not believe they are colluding.

If BU is RT then there is no way they are colluding - RT has been vocal about her dislike for WMC

If RT is not connected to BU then I'm sure she would have exposed WMC as being connected to BU if it were true

I doubt they're all colluding to be honest. I would be surprised if there weren't some getting themselves involved/stirring the pot, just for the free marketing.

Advertisement