Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Influencers over-editing photos in Social Media/Cyber-bullying accusations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Graham wrote: »
    I doubt they're all colluding to be honest. I would be surprised if there weren't some getting themselves involved/stirring the pot, just for the free marketing.

That's WMCs business model - as Paul has said, no publicity is bad publicity!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Graham wrote: »
    either way it's good for business.
    But whose business? I agree WMC are known to do this but that's just them. The other bloggers / influencers don't have the same type of business are WMC and many of them don't blog. Most of them now live off AF links and I can't see those collaborations wanting to work with influencers who are embroiled with drama. Look at MUF, she was dropped quicker than a hot potato.

The only people I can see benefiting is the WMC. Do you think it's just them?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I couldn't tell you who's involved.

It is fair to say there's a lot of publicity attached to revealing BU regardless of who end up getting named.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Glued to all this drama and I only started following bloggers unveiled a few weeks ago. Would absolutely love to see everyone take the time and effort of typing out full names, why the fcuk is it all BU WMC AD in here?! Type the bloody name people!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

A few new reg on here trying to stir the pot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

A dog barked at me on the way back from Tesco... I'm pretty sure RT had something to do with it.

My parents’ cat was staring intently at me all morning and tried to bite me.
    I’m positive it thinks I’m BU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

This is getting way over dramatic. I am not going to pretend I overly liked the girl but some of the reaction is way over the top. Her online behaviour was pretty bad but anything I saw (I checked what AD, Rosemary MacCabe and half of what the guy from The White Mose had to say) is actually fairly mild in comparison to some other trolls. There is no need to dig out family tree and drag in dead relatives into it. Neither is her behaviour in Tullamore relevant to what was going on online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I really feel this thread needs to be locked now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I really feel this thread needs to be locked now.

The thread as per the title is really relevant though? BU being gone takes away one of the watchdogs regardless of who was behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Any update on who /he/she/they where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

The whole things is gone way too far..someone would do with taking the phone of AD for a while. Shes still going on about RT.. its gone to the stage where its not heathly for all parties involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The whole things is gone way too far..someone would do with taking the phone of AD for a while. Shes still going on about RT.. its gone to the stage where its not heathly for all parties involved

She's obsessed. She always obsesses over things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Any update on who /he/she/they where?

What dya mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭DublinHun72

A few weeks ago Aoife was on saying those messages she was receiving were coming from someone in her local shop who she knows but pretends to not know her. She clearly obsesses over things like this and people would do well to keep that in mind instead of indulging her nonsense.

I remember that now you mention it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

fussyonion wrote: »
    She's obsessed. She always obsesses over things.

TBH I'm surprised more bloggers aren't chasing that trainto grab more likes and followers like her and the others are. It's super cringe and obvious that this situation will possibly be the biggest thing they may be involved with for the foreseeable and AD, RMC and WMC all know this, so they're gonna capitalise on whatever they can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

fussyonion wrote: »
    What dya mean?

WHO IS IT!!

I saw in AD’s story there that for anyone who thinks RT isn’t BU, should go to the guards and tell them she is innocent, that it’s “funny how that hasn’t happened.”
    Maybe let them know that Neil Armstrong landed on the moon in a Hollywood set. Never mind the proof, we can worry about that later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I saw in AD’s story there that for anyone who thinks RT isn’t BU, should go to the guards and tell them she is innocent, that it’s “funny how that hasn’t happened.”
    Maybe let them know that Neil Armstrong landed on the moon in a Hollywood set. Never mind the proof, we can worry about that later.

Right so, I'm heading down to my local Garda station now, sure if nothing else, it'll give them a laugh for a few hours.

I can't even begin to imagine how that conversation might go. Would I have to tell the Garda about WMC, RMC and AD? (Obviously using their initials).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I think anyone mocking people who have been the victim of trolling of this level need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Maybe its the word trolling itself? The seriousness is taken out of it or something, I don't know. If you've been the victim of sustained harassment from anonymous profiles you start to question everything you do, everything about yourself and fear doing anything. I think people have in mind the type of trolls we get on boards that are more annoying than anything and occasionally humorous rather than ones that are relentless in their need to bring someone down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ClickRbait

Scraggs wrote: »
    I think anyone mocking people who have been the victim of trolling of this level need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Maybe its the word trolling itself? The seriousness is taken out of it or something, I don't know. If you've been the victim of sustained harassment from anonymous profiles you start to question everything you do, everything about yourself and fear doing anything. I think people have in mind the type of trolls we get on boards that are more annoying than anything and occasionally humorous rather than ones that are relentless in their need to bring someone down.

I don't think anyone has really mocked them, just an observation of how they are cashing in for the free marketing..

• Advertisement

ClickRbait wrote: »
    I don't think anyone has really mocked them, just an observation of how they are cashing in for the free marketing..

That's the best part though, the trolls obviously dislike their victims but now the victims are getting sympathy because of the trolling and more media attention - I imagine they'd hate that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Good jaysus i cant believe drama.

Can someone tell what do WMC do actually? Up until this BU stuff i had never heard of them.

As the mod Graham had said this BU crap is good for business.

Scraggs wrote: »

I think anyone accusing someone of being their troll needs to take a look at themselves. Particularly when two people here confirmed that the same person accused someone else before now.
    I certainly don’t condone trolling and have a level of sympathy for them. With the exception of AD (because I’d never heard of her before this), RMC and WMC haven’t always been kind, and are bandwagon attention seekers.
    And now they claim that RT is BU, but won’t show any proof of such.
    Part of the reason many people respected and followed BU was because revelations were backed with facts.

Part of the reason many people respected and followed BU was because revelations were backed with facts.

At the beginning maybe.....

Floppybits wrote: »
    Can someone tell what do WMC do actually? Up until this BU stuff i had never heard of them.

Its a cafe (white moose cafe) which I believe is joined to a guest house.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭DublinHun72

Floppybits wrote: »
    Good jaysus i cant believe drama.

As the mod Graham had said this BU crap is good for business.

Stuff like this
    http://www.thejournal.ie/white-moose-data-protection-2487075-Dec2015/?amp=1

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

I don't know if BU is who they say it is but on a separate note RMC and yer man from the WMC come across as two vile, crass, attention seekers.

It's also frightening how quickly some people are, on Instagram etc, to blindly follow the words and accusations of another. The comments are truly scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Believe it or not there are other people involved that aren't actually broadcasting everything for likes! Imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

I don't know if BU is who they say it is but on a separate note RMC and yer man from the WMC come across as two vile, crass, attention seekers.

It's also frightening how quickly some people are, on Instagram etc, to blindly follow the words and accusations of another. The comments are truly scary.

WMC cant really pick and choose what pertains to bullying when one of their most known exploits was leading the relentless trolling of an English blogger who tried to get a few free days in their guesthouse which became pretty big news at the time. RMC (in my opinion) isn't shy of courting controversy either, isn't she currently posting how much she's able to spend in one post while trying to get people to pay for her Patreon in others, sorry but that **** deserves to set off the bull**** detectors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I think that is a bit strong. Rosemary was under constant fire even on this website for having different perspective. I think she is entitled to her side of the story and while I think some of her comments are a bit over dramatic she was a lot nicer to RT that RT was to her in her posts on this website at least. And it seems in other communication.

I always thought some on blogger threads behaved as schoolyard bullies. RT wasn't even the worst but you can't be surprised that there is strong reaction to it.

Advertisement