Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Influencers over-editing photos in Social Media/Cyber-bullying accusations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

meeeeh wrote: »
    I think that is a bit strong. Rosemary was under constant fire even on this website for having different perspective. I think she is entitled to her side of the story and while I think some of her comments are a bit over dramatic she was a lot nicer to RT that RT was to her in her posts on this website at least. And it seems in other communication.

I always thought some on blogger threads behaved as schoolyard bullies. RT wasn't even the worst but you can't be surprised that there is strong reaction to it.

I think it's disgusting how grown women* talk about RMC on this site. It's just so nasty and unnecessary, and I'm not a fan of RMC, I just hate reading such bitchy posts.

*and men too I suppose!

The amount of times RT has compared RMC to thrush - what a horrible thing to say about someone, especially when you know they'll read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

meeeeh wrote: »
    I think that is a bit strong. Rosemary was under constant fire even on this website for having different perspective. I think she is entitled to her side of the story and while I think some of her comments are a bit over dramatic she was a lot nicer to RT that RT was to her in her posts on this website at least. And it seems in other communication.

I always thought some on blogger threads behaved as schoolyard bullies. RT wasn't even the worst but you can't be surprised that there is strong reaction to it.

No I don't think it is too strong. She is lapping up the attention and the fallout from this, go over to her Instagram, she freely admits that.

Believe it or not I used to defend her, particularly on Reddit but she has let herself down big time in handling this situation.

And she was well able to fire back digs and insults at RT. There was two of them in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Morby

What are the Irish blogger groups on Reddit called please? I'm new to Reddit and can't seem to find them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

RMC's new spending diary is up .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Let me guess she spent a fortune on food and then continued to ask for money from people?

• Advertisement

Jesus christ....the amount she spends on food?!? most of it seems to be utter sh#te....is she not meant to be a personal trainer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

gmisk wrote: »
    Let me guess she spent a fortune on food and then continued to ask for money from people?

How did you guess?! :D
    She set herself a budget of €150 and spent almost €500.

How did you guess?! :D
    She set herself a budget of €150 and spent almost €500.
    Wow....so close! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I think that spending diary is a con. It's an easy way to generate traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

And she was well able to fire back digs and insults at RT. There was two of them in it.

Very much this. The only person in all this I feel sorry for or would worry about is AD.

RMC & WMC have latched on to the whole sorry saga and milked it for every last drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭claregal1

Where can the spending diary be viewed ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

I can't wait till this saga is developed by RTE or TV3 into a 4 part drama!
    Disappointed fitfamfailures page is gone following this, used to get a right laugh out of how bad some of these kids photo shopped themselves and tried to pass off as real.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

GingerLily wrote: »
    I think it's disgusting how grown women* talk about RMC on this site. It's just so nasty and unnecessary, and I'm not a fan of RMC, I just hate reading such bitchy posts.

*and men too I suppose!

The amount of times RT has compared RMC to thrush - what a horrible thing to say about someone, especially when you know they'll read it.

Ah stop will ya. RMC is no shrinking violet and she was and is well able to fire back insults. I think she is a very clever lady. She is crass and her carry on is vile. She is one of the leading characters in all of this.

Comments about appearance and family are a no however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

No I don't think it is too strong. She is lapping up the attention and the fallout from this, go over to her Instagram, she freely admits that.

Believe it or not I used to defend her, particularly on Reddit but she has let herself down big time in handling this situation.

Well, I'm not her biggest fan but I'm not seeing any of this supposed 'look at me' dramatics from her on Instagram.

Why has the thread turned into a RMC-bashing exercise?

Has anybody listened to the IT Galz podcast on the BU drama? I'm halfway through and although it's confusing, it's an amazing listen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭IvyTheTerrific

Well, I'm not her biggest fan but I'm not seeing any of this supposed 'look at me' dramatics from her on Instagram.

Has anybody listened to the IT Galz podcast on the BU drama? I'm halfway through and although it's confusing, it's an amazing listen...

I'd take the podcast with a pinch of salt though, they are pals with the guys from the WMC.
    I'd like to read/listen/watch an investigation by someone neutral.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I'd take the podcast with a pinch of salt though, they are pals with the guys from the WMC.
    I'd like to read/listen/watch an investigation by someone neutral.

It seems they're all being trolled by someone whose main aim is to make them feel bad. That's disgusting. But I don't see any definitive proof that RT is this troll. BU=RT=SP seems to be dead on, but there's no actual proven link between even the Santa Paws profile and the troll account. That's what you'd expect all of these victims to have because they're so convinced it's the same person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Floppybits wrote: »
    Good jaysus i cant believe drama.

Can someone tell what do WMC do actually? Up until this BU stuff i had never heard of them.

As the mod Graham had said this BU crap is good for business.

Stuff like this
    http://www.thejournal.ie/white-moose-data-protection-2487075-Dec2015/?amp=1
    Ah right, I actually thought WMC was just a blog site, I didn't realise it was this place.  Even more now I would take everything associated with them with a large pinch of salt.  Did the BU give them a bad review or something, is that why they went on this hunt for BU? It seems they are only in it for the free publicity and nothing else, like all the stunts they have pulled, anything for a bit of publicity. Vile stuff.
    When Reeling in the years do a review of 2018 the big thing will be the mystery of who was BloggersUnveiled. :) Nearly as big as who was jack the ripper. 
    As for Bloggers if you are going to live your life in the Public eye then be prepared for negativity,  not everyone is going to like you and if you can't handle it maybe look to do something else instead.  BloggersUnveiled was right is calling out bloggers for being dishonest.  Yes the comments were bitchy but what do you expect when people feel they have been duped into something. Bloggers have only themselves to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ClickRbait

Lads have a look at Ailsha Daveys insta - Another one coming forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

It seems they're all being trolled by someone whose main aim is to make them feel bad. That's disgusting. But I don't see any definitive proof that RT is this troll. BU=RT=SP seems to be dead on, but there's no actual proven link between even the Santa Paws profile and the troll account. That's what you'd expect all of these victims to have because they're so convinced it's the same person.

Ramona has admitted on Reddit that she is Santa paws, she said she had to change her name because she feared for her life. LOL.

I have just listened to the IT Galz podcast and I’m shook. I can also verify a lot of what Jenny is saying <snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

ClickRbait wrote: »

Her page is private. What's she saying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

She's one of the people involved perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tostayorgo

The article in the Sunday Times this week states that several journalists were in contact with BU.
    In the past the Sunday Times have posted articles more or less repeating what was posted on BU.

Would the Sunday Times have been so stupid as to rely on the words of a well known troll? Maybe Ramona is the front but there were others helping out? Journalists would have to ensure their sources were legit otherwise they would leave the newspaper open to litigation. I'm just baffled by it all!

ClickRbait wrote: »

I can't find her - is that spelling right?

She's one of the people involved perhaps?

I'm sorry - I should have been more clear: I thought it was disgusting the way the thread was turning into a RMC-bashing thread.

Given what we know now - from IT Galz, from Aoife Dooley, from RMC - isn't it clear that when we comment on characteristics or attitudes we project on to others, those words have an effect that goes beyond , 'Hm, I guess mrsdewinter doesn't like my style - oh well...' More than that, people are going through stuff that they're not broadcasting over social media - crippling self-doubt, say, or DMs supposedly from relatives of assault victims who've allegedly been triggered by their work.

On instagram, she's flawlessandpawless

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ClickRbait

Try searching flawless and Pawless.

tostayorgo wrote: »
    The article in the Sunday Times this week states that several journalists were in contact with BU.
    In the past the Sunday Times have posted articles more or less repeating what was posted on BU.

Would the Sunday Times have been so stupid as to rely on the words of a well known troll? Maybe Ramona is the front but there were others helping out? Journalists would have to ensure their sources were legit otherwise they would leave the newspaper open to litigation. I'm just baffled by it all!

I don't know that journalists knew she was a troll though, they wouldn't usually get involved this world. I don't think they knew if RT was BU, but they must have had evidence that she was being accused and received death threats.

If RT hadn't gone to a national newspaper, I wonder if this all would have got out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

On instagram, she's flawlessandpawless

12 story videos in, befores she starts to talk about it (save anyone that is going to watch, from watching first 11).

Edited.
    And then goes off on a slight tangent again..

Those insta 'stories' really aren't made for a long winded story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Sorry, but she may have some good points, and she may even be right, but halfway in, it just boils down to the "same articulate language" as BU.

A genuine observation that I have had from watching all of these bloggers/influencers, is that so many of them seem to use the same facial expressions, speak the same way, use their hand to frame their face or hold up their chin the same way, have a hint of an American twang in some sentences and more things I have left out.
    Does that mean that they are all the same person too?

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    Sorry, but she may have some good points, and she may even be right, but halfway in, it just boils down to the "same articulate language" as BU.

A genuine observation that I have had from watching all of these bloggers/influencers, is that so many of them seem to use the same facial expressions, speak the same way, use their hand to frame their face or hold up their chin the same way, have a hint of an American twang in some sentences and more things I have left out.
    Does that mean that they are all the same person too?

AD has an American twang??

You just be joking

Advertisement