Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Influencers over-editing photos in Social Media/Cyber-bullying accusations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ClickRbait

Hold on a second. What ever happened to fitfam failures? I noticed they disappeared but had anyone really acknowledged it? Or am I just falling behind again..

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭DublinHun72

ClickRbait wrote: »
    Hold on a second. What ever happened to fitfam failures? I noticed they disappeared but had anyone really acknowledged it? Or am I just falling behind again..

I can’t find it. Just checked there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

They're gone too!

I know they were posting up some controversial stuff and removing posts that were not going down well but I don't know why it was taken down.
    I liked the initial idea of the page but not all the content.

GingerLily wrote: »
    They're gone too!

I know they were posting up some controversial stuff and removing posts that were not going down well but I don't know why it was taken down.
    I liked the initial idea of the page but not all the content.

Same. Got fed up of the masses of text on the stories. It’s possible they’re just scared someone will out them having seen the fallout from the BU thing. I know if it was me I’d close it not wanting that risk but that’s just me. Sure who knows anything at this stage lol

Same. Got fed up of the masses of text on the stories. It’s possible they’re just scared someone will out them having seen the fallout from the BU thing. I know if it was me I’d close it not wanting that risk but that’s just me. Sure who knows anything at this stage lol

Yes but when BU went under they put up a big story about how they won't be silenced like BU was, two days later the page was gone. Then a few days later it came back again with a story with just a waving emoji and then disappeared again so I don't know what's going on. Maybe the two are linked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

What was fitfam?

What was fitfam?

Similar content to BU but it was more fitness based. Well actually it kinda veered off fitness towards the end.

Yes but when BU went under they put up a big story about how they won't be silenced like BU was, two days later the page was gone. Then a few days later it came back again with a story with just a waving emoji and then disappeared again so I don't know what's going on. Maybe the two are linked?

Ah ok. I hadn’t looked at their page for ages so missed that.

Has anyone listened to the IT Galz podcast? It's about BU!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Someone needs to pitch a documentary to RTE and call it 'The Unveiling'. Can you imagine the ratings!

Only if Martin Morrissey plays RMC and Jedward are cast as the WMC lads

• Advertisement

Only if Martin Morrissey plays RMC and Jedward are cast as the WMC lads

This has made my evening hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It’s turning in to a #metoobu thing now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

I googled it, Landed on the BU podcast and accidentally scrubbed to a random point, about 30 mins in. "Cos Paul Is a gas bastard". Jesus, I hope people place more value on their time than to listen to this drivel. Vacuous doesn't do this justice.

I googled it, Landed on the BU podcast and accidentally scrubbed to a random point, about 30 mins in. "Cos Paul Is a gas bastard". Jesus, I hope people place more value on their time than to listen to this drivel. Vacuous doesn't do this justice.

Calm down sour patch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Calm down sour patch.

Very Calm, Thanks for the concern!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Shergar6

SozBbz wrote: »
    Actually, on the subject of RMC - did anyone else catch her spending diary this week? It was particularly ridiculous.
    I'll preface this by saying that I'm not a hater, I do follow her on insta, because i believe shes transparent and has something to say for herself. I regularly don't agree with her and can absolutely find her extremely annoying, but to me thats still better than the usual bunch of blogger hunzos who are all represented by the same agency and promote the same things all day long, and once the money keeps coming the reviews are always positive :/
    Anyhow, I digress.
    This weeks spending diary. Budget of €150 and spent €500. 
    €100 of this was money she sent to some other internet person to "support them/pay it forward".
    She will never be rich, that much is for sure.

I mean, it's her money. She can spend what she wants. People getting outraged because she eats out a lot are fairly sad to be honest 😅😅

I don't really get the point of the diary now. She said initially it was to make her watch what she spends but clearly that isn't happening. It seems a bit voyeuristic to know the ins and outs of her wallet now but I think the diaries give her lots of hits so she will keep it up.

I don't think she has to worry about money anyway. Her parents have what looks to be a sizeable property in Kildare and she has one sister who is settled in America so Rosemary will have a very nice inheritance. If she was really worried about saving for a mortgage she wouldn't be spending like she does but like most people whose parents can give them a soft cushion to land on she knows she has it sorted.

And yes it is weird that I know her business like this but she puts it out there so I'm not gonna feel weird about it.

By the way I think super privileged people like Rosemary really got to Ramona which is why she was such a target. I know RMC can be a bit eyerolly sometimes but she's not the worst of them either. And Aoife Dooley seems sound out.

blairbear wrote: »
    It's a matter of personal taste. I find it really difficult to listen to anyone who swears a lot, has poor vocabulary, is inarticulate, does not enunciate or is very repetitive.

AD was highly repetitive and swears non-stop.

I'd rather listen to Aoife any day than the D4 American twang that some have got going on. That's a natural Dublin accent.

And lol at the swearing police!!

Ah stop will ya. RMC is no shrinking violet and she was and is well able to fire back insults. I think she is a very clever lady. She is crass and her carry on is vile. She is one of the leading characters in all of this.

Comments about appearance and family are a no however.

Leading character? Is this a movie now?

She was probably the main target of Ramona over years. AFAIK she has done nothing wrong. How is she vile? Very weird language to use.

Shergar6 wrote: »
    Leading character? Is this a movie now?

She was probably the main target of Ramona over years. AFAIK she has done nothing wrong. How is she vile? Very weird language to use.

Its the same few people that keep using that word 'Vile' and its almost always about RMC, it's actually boring at this stage :D

Listening to IT Galz, scary about the fake suicide thing - that's just dispical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Listening to IT Galz, scary about the fake suicide thing - that's just dispical.

I’m listening too, it’s so messed up how deep this all goes :eek:

Telly wrote: »
    I’m listening too, it’s so messed up how deep this all goes :eek:

Just on that now too ! 😱

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

I'd rather listen to Aoife any day than the D4 American twang that some have got going on. That's a natural Dublin accent.

I watched some of Aoife's story and if there was any non-stop swearing, I missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Someone seems to be having a conversation with themselves...set up all their accounts in the same month too...rookie mistake:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Just saw Jen Hatton's story. She said she wasn't going to talk about BU and all the stuff surrounding it because in her mind, there's evidence and no proof.

I really like Jen. She's so down to earth and I love that she was so upfront with the PR companies, that she wasn't going to endorse stuff she wouldn't use. She's the kind of influencer that I'd believe if she promoted a product, because she comes across as fierce genuine. She said (last night I think) that she'll review some of the products she uses and that she hasn't been paid by any of these companies. Also, I just love her dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

Some people don't like swearing. It sounds rough and offensive to me and I ask people not to if they do it in conversation with me professionally. Regardless of where an accent is from, I find it really hard to listen to anyone who doesn't say their "th"s etc. The D4 vocal fry is also tough to stomach. Like I said, personal taste.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

mod

Enough of the bickering. This is a hot topic in the Irish blogging world at the moment, and certainly worthy of discussion, but if posters can't be civil with each other, we'll have to close this thread and consider whether to allow any further BU discussion to take place. Warnings will be given to those failing to heed this message.

Please take a moment to read the forum charter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I mean, it's her money. She can spend what she wants. People getting outraged because she eats out a lot are fairly sad to be honest 😅😅

I don't really get the point of the diary now. She said initially it was to make her watch what she spends but clearly that isn't happening. It seems a bit voyeuristic to know the ins and outs of her wallet now but I think the diaries give her lots of hits so she will keep it up.

I don't think she has to worry about money anyway. Her parents have what looks to be a sizeable property in Kildare and she has one sister who is settled in America so Rosemary will have a very nice inheritance. If she was really worried about saving for a mortgage she wouldn't be spending like she does but like most people whose parents can give them a soft cushion to land on she knows she has it sorted.

And yes it is weird that I know her business like this but she puts it out there so I'm not gonna feel weird about it.

By the way I think super privileged people like Rosemary really got to Ramona which is why she was such a target. I know RMC can be a bit eyerolly sometimes but she's not the worst of them either. And Aoife Dooley seems sound out.

It sticks in people's throats when she has so much disposable income yet begs for Patreon donations on the daily.

fussyonion wrote: »
    It sticks in people's throats when she has so much disposable income yet begs for Patreon donations on the daily.

Hardly begging. Its optional. If people want to pay the couple of euro then let them be. If she annoys you that much you might as well unfollow. <snip>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

I'm following this thread for the craic. 'Influencer' I have to be honest is the most ridiculous made up word I have ever heard. People really are sheep.

Advertisement