Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Influencers over-editing photos in Social Media/Cyber-bullying accusations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

GingerLily wrote: »
    I reckon it was the white moose cafe lads and one of the girls from IT Galz. It sounds like they suspected it was her and were trying to smoke her out, fair enough, she'd trolled them in the past.

She might have been afraid but not of those guys, I think she was trying to control the situation, I think in hindsight it was the wrong move, instead of sympathy she just put a face to the person who had trolled A LOT of people over the years. Almost everyone on insta now has their own Ramona story.

I don't know if it even matters if she is BU anymore, the other stuff is as big now.

A lot of people THINK they have their own Ramona story. Most of these “influencers” are so narcissistic that the thought of there being more than one person out there who doesn’t like them and would troll them is just beyond the realm of possibility. I don’t agree with “trolling” but there’s a lot more than one person in Ireland who troll/abuse people online.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭margaretdublin

I think she thought she had enough followers who would believe her. She alluded to that in one of her last insta stores.

I find the Sunday Times involvement interesting. At the start they wrote a piece on the nursgate in Australia. By the time the Caris Closet came about they must have had their suspicions. They asked followers to contact a journalist in the ST with their story. The ST went on to publish their own Caris Closet story.

The piece that was written about the nurse saga has been removed maybe it was only in the print edition? It was written by John Burns a very well respected editor, the longest member of the ST.

If Ramona Treacy is truly BU she has pulled off a massive stunt in d deceiving the Sunday Times.

Moyglish wrote: »

Could she really have been that shortsighted and naive to put herself up for public scrutiny like that? I presume that it was she who approached The Irish Times and not vice versa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

In the middle of all this bloggers and "influencers" continue to do things that BU would have called them out on. I've definitely seen Insta stories where people have been driving and sponsored posts not tagged. Tbh I don't care who BU was, they provided a service to the public.

There are a huge amount of people unaware of the trolling. Only yesterday I was speaking to someone who said " did you see that article on that poor girl getting death threats?" It's only online that she is outed. The Sunday Times need to correct this and do a piece on trolling and cat fishing.

Shergar6 wrote: »
    <removed>

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Shergar6

I think she thought she had enough followers who would believe her. She alluded to that in one of her last insta stores.

I find the Sunday Times involvement interesting. At the start they wrote a piece on the nursgate in Australia. By the time the Caris Closet came about they must have had their suspicions. They asked followers to contact a journalist in the ST with their story. The ST went on to publish their own Caris Closet story.

The piece that was written about the nurse saga has been removed maybe it was only in the print edition? It was written by John Burns a very well respected editor, the longest member of the ST.

If Ramona Treacy is truly BU she has pulled off a massive stunt in d deceiving the Sunday Times.

But both of those cases were real. Cari's is selling overpriced tat and nurses are being lied to about their opportunities. Aren't they?

I feel like we are giving too much credit to Ramona for deceiving that John Mooney dude, i think that's his name. It's a reflection of how crap an investigative journalist he is that he was still claiming she wasn't BU days after everyone saw the screen shots on Jason's story. I think he has stopped answering people asking for his take on the situation now and I tried to find the tweet where he said it definitely is not RT but I couldn't find it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Moyglish

I'd love to know if she is getting any bookings since... Who'd want to be on your own with such a nasty, dangerous and manipulative person. A couple of people have said she is good at her job, but there is a whole lot of badness brewing just under the shiny surface. The way Kelci described her as being totally cold and remorseless as she begged her to take the post down.

Who's Kelci and what's the story behind that?

I too was wondering about her business and if this would be the death knell for it, or would bookings increase as a result of morbid curiosity, would people like to be able to say that they had their brows done by the infamous BU?

On checking her Business's FB I was surprised to see all glowing 5 star reviews, I almost expected to see lots of negative 1 star reviews from those jumping on the band wagon as part of a witch hunt to tear her down.

There are a huge amount of people unaware of the trolling. Only yesterday I was speaking to someone who said " did you see that article on that poor girl getting death threats?" It's only online that she is outed. The Sunday Times need to correct this and do a piece on trolling and cat fishing.

Yeah true, but in Tullamore where her business is based it must be everywhere. I'm from a smaller town that Tullamore and I can't imagine something like this being contained to online only. People love to talk.

Maybe she has such a sweet innocent real life persona that some won't believe it. But I hope she feels the repurcusions in some way. She is way too arrogant and cock sure of herself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I too was wondering about her business and if this would be the death knell for it, or would bookings increase as a result of morbid curiosity, would people like to be able to say that they had their brows done by the infamous BU?

On checking her Business's FB I was surprised to see all glowing 5 star reviews, I almost expected to see lots of negative 1 star reviews from those jumping on the band wagon as part of a witch hunt to tear her down.

RT and her trolls leave fake bad reviews, regular folk aren't bothered.

Her name is Kelcey Frankie on Instagram. She is a waitress who is in to beauty and BU went to town on her in a post accusing her of lying about her tan or some sh*t lol??!! . Its in her highlights.

She was DMing with BU to get her to take it down bc it wasn't true and she said she got a really weird vibe off of her. Like the online manifestation of dead behind the eyes.

She was saying how scary it is to be her target and to have what seems like everyone bitching about you. But she was lucky in that most people defended her and said. BU was wrong in this instance, which got her truly vexed and she started lying about Kelcey giving her permission to keep the post up.. <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

I s'pose if they cant claim to be trolled by her that would probably be the next best thing to talk about in their Insta stories.

• Advertisement

The Sunday Times wrote their own article on Caris Closet but in the case of the nursegate they quoted what was on BU. Now that it is more or less established she is a troll with a hatred for bloggers would you believe her? She hated some more than others. Who is to know now if the screenshots from the nurses were not photoshopped and made up?

The Sunday Times would surely have a job on their hands defending a defamation case if they relied on Ramona Treacy screenshots and did no digging themselves.

Also edited to add, all tweets and online reporting of that article in the ST is gone so why the need to erase any trace of those articles written by John Burns
    But both of those cases were real. Cari's is selling overpriced tat and nurses are being lied to about their opportunities. Aren't they?

I feel like we are giving too much credit to Ramona for deceiving that John Mooney dude, i think that's his name. It's a reflection of how crap an investigative journalist he is that he was still claiming she wasn't BU days after everyone saw the screen shots on Jason's story. I think he has stopped answering people asking for his take on the situation now and I tried to find the tweet where he said it definitely is not RT but I couldn't find it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I’ve received several messages of concern about comments and content in this thread, so I am going to temp close it while I review and discuss with others

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

thread reopened. Please take note of the forum charter and pay heed to mod warnings. Abusive comments will not be tolerated.

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Caranica wrote: »
    In the middle of all this bloggers and "influencers" continue to do things that BU would have called them out on. I've definitely seen Insta stories where people have been driving and sponsored posts not tagged. Tbh I don't care who BU was, they provided a service to the public.
    Have watched a few of these bloggers videos this past two weeks. I just don’t understand why people follow them. If these people are role models then we are screwed.
    It looks like the story is now dying a death. Next weeks chips wrapper.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

It looks like the story is now dying a death. Next weeks chips wrapper.

Somebody will be along shortly to poke the masses into fresh outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Graham wrote: »
    Somebody will be along shortly to poke the masses into fresh outrage.
    That'd be you Graham. You are in the Social Media & Blogging forum so naturally we will be talking about *gasp* social media & blogging.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

meeeeh wrote: »
    So you barley ever post here yet you feel entitled to speak for all of us about who we respect or don't. You don't speak for me, while I am not a fan, neither do I follow her, I certainly don't think she is vile. And judging by your comments I can tell you I have a lot more respect for Rosemary MacCabe than I have for your contributions.

Where did I say I felt entitled to speak for anybody but myself? I didn't. Anywhere.
    So someone is only allowed to have an opinion if they have posted in a forum x amount of times.
    You didn't like when you assumed (incorrectly)that I was speaking for you so don't assume you can speak for me or what I felt I was entitled to do.
    If you don't like what I have to say, scroll on. I'm not really concerned if a stranger on the internet respects my opinion. That's life.
    You don't have to agree with my opinion but it is valid nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Where did I say I felt entitled to speak for anybody but myself?
    When you said "she is not well respected on here". Since when are you speaking for 'here'?

The rest of the post is just... whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

meeeeh wrote: »
    When you said "she is not well respected on here". Since when are you speaking for 'here'?

The rest of the post is just... whatever.

That would be my opinion based on the reading of posts. Nowhere did I allude to speaking on behalf of anyone else. Get over yourself.

That would be my opinion based on the reading of posts. Nowhere did I allude to speaking on behalf of anyone else. Get over yourself.

Some people like RMC, some people don't, and some people are indifferent, that's fine.

The RMC haters just tend to be the most vocal on Boards I think, it's usually easier to just ignore them until they calm down!

• Advertisement

Some people like RMC, some people don't, and some people are indifferent, that's fine.

The RMC haters just tend to be the most vocal on Boards I think, it's usually easier to just ignore them until they calm down!

Why do you think they are the most vocal?

Serious question.

Why do you think they are the most vocal?

Serious question.

Is there a reason people who don't like pineapple on pizza are more vocal then those who do? And more importantly does it matter?

Is there a reason people who don't like pineapple on pizza are more vocal then those who do? And more importantly does it matter?

Fair enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

https://imgur.com/a/NqGHSR1

yes....

NqGHSR1

Aoife D is saying that the guards are officially investigating the harassment she received.
    Could be interesting if there is an outcome and it is made public.

Aoife D is saying that the guards are officially investigating the harassment she received.
    Could be interesting if there is an outcome and it is made public.

I'm glad the guards are taking it seriously!

I'm glad the guards are taking it seriously!

I am surprised to be honest. They have never seemed to be very au fait with cyber crimes, never mind the world of blogging and online abuse and harassment. But hopefully they are catching up with the times:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭DublinHun72

I am surprised to be honest. They have never seemed to be very au fait with cyber crimes, never mind the world of blogging and online abuse and harassment. But hopefully they are catching up with the times:

Me too tbh. I listened to some of AD's stories but got bored after so many. Was the trolling just slagging her off or was it more sinister ? I haven't seen any detail of what it was. Only asking as I wondered how serious it has to be for a criminal offence to be made against the troll.

Seen the case of the Labour Senator who was being issued death threats online but not a lot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

I see AD today posted that her book/drawings will be on tv. All this now seems a little suss to me now. Was she just looking for a bigger audience so they’d see her news today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I only know her from this thread/boards. I saw the name RMC and asked who she was and then I looked at her Instagram

Hmmm. I can't put my finger on exactly why. But she doesn't come across the most likeable of a person imo

Purely on her instagram that is!

Advertisement