Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Influencers over-editing photos in Social Media/Cyber-bullying accusations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭DublinHun72

Telly wrote: »
    I see AD today posted that her book/drawings will be on tv. All this now seems a little suss to me now. Was she just looking for a bigger audience so they’d see her news today?

Oooh ! Maybe. She’s doing a big speil on it now anyway lol

I see AD today posted that her book/drawings will be on tv. All this now seems a little suss to me now. Was she just looking for a bigger audience so they’d see her news today?

Looked at her stories earlier she’s loving all the attention and praise she’s getting. The story about the 7 year old standing up to bullies made me wince. There’s a difference in physically doing it and going to the Garda with screenshots. Be more responsible of her to say perhaps that isn’t always the safest way Incase the message is taken literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I highly doubt the Guards are doing anything re: Aoife Dooley and probably just said they were to placate her.
    She's a drama queen of the highest order.

Didn't she once tell a woman browsing in Eason's to "buy that book, it's gas" when it was in fact her own book?
    She's incredibly attention seeking.

She's meant to be a comedian but she has posted dozens and dozens of videos recently all dedicated to BU and who she thinks it is, blah blah.
    Obsessed much?

fussyonion wrote: »
    I highly doubt the Guards are doing anything re: Aoife Dooley and probably just said they were to placate her.
    She's a drama queen of the highest order.

Didn't she once tell a woman browsing in Eason's to "buy that book, it's gas" when it was in fact her own book?
    She's incredibly attention seeking.

She's meant to be a comedian but she has posted dozens and dozens of videos recently all dedicated to BU and who she thinks it is, blah blah.
    Obsessed much?

6 instagram stories to tell us about getting a bunch of flowers .. six. Legit didn’t know she’s a comedian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

RMC spending diary is up again. Same as usual. Another €500 on food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Ha, I know. And always in the same places also. I know we can be creatures of habit but also, if you're going to eat out all the time, at least try some new places.
    I also noted her signing up for unlimited delivery from Deliveroo so she is never going to break that takeaway habit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I might be extra cynical but why would someone use exactly the same same provider all the time unless they are not paying for the meals in exchange for exposure. I'm not going to check the diary because I couldn't be bothered but sorry I'm not buying that someone who was at least at one stage fairly careful about what they eat and became personal trainer feasts on take outs every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

meeeeh wrote: »
    I might be extra cynical but why would someone use exactly the same same provider all the time unless they are not paying for the meals in exchange for exposure. I'm not going to check the diary because I couldn't be bothered but sorry I'm not buying that someone who was at least at one stage fairly careful about what they eat and became personal trainer feasts on take outs every day.

I know a lot of influencers get major discounts at stores/restaurants, so while it's not technically free, it is much cheaper for them to shop/eat there.

It's sneaky.

GingerLily wrote: »
    I know a lot of influencers get major discounts at stores/restaurants, so while it's not technically free, it is much cheaper for them to shop/eat there.

It's sneaky.

Or it could be free if they are not paying her for the exposure, I'm pretty sure she doesn't need to disclose it.

TBH I'm not that suspicious of RMC in that way, she can (absolutely be annoying, smug, etc) but shes typically quite straight forward and honest about where her money comes from and freebies etc.
    That said, did anyone see FBG's little comp with Tile Merchant for €500 voucher? All talk about how they "reached out" and helped her bring her vision to life, which is code for gave her lots of free stuff which I would view as payment in kind. Shes now posting photos of said kitchen upgrades on the post about this competition, no #spon or #iworkwith.....
    When is the next BU going to happen?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

SozBbz wrote: »
    TBH I'm not that suspicious of RMC in that way, she can (absolutely be annoying, smug, etc) but shes typically quite straight forward and honest about where her money comes from and freebies etc.
    That said, did anyone see FBG's little comp with Tile Merchant for €500 voucher? All talk about how they "reached out" and helped her bring her vision to life, which is code for gave her lots of free stuff which I would view as payment in kind. Shes now posting photos of said kitchen upgrades on the post about this competition, no #spon or #iworkwith.....
    When is the next BU going to happen?!?

Indeed. Didn't take long for old habits to return. Seen Jess Reddan (GF of Rob Kearney) plugging prepared meal deliveries with an affiliate code for X% off. Not a hint of an #AF #SP #SPON etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Not sure RMC should be recommending whoever did her brows, they look odd imo.

Not sure RMC should be recommending whoever did her brows, they look odd imo.
    Yeah athough they're still healing I guess. I'm just not a fan of any of those tattoo brow techniques, I think the results are too uniform and to perfect to look natural. I lot of people look a bit odd with them I think. Eyebrows should be sisters, not twins anyway.
    I think lots of influencers are enforsing things that don't actually look good though. Like TaraMakeup (who is generally ok) but her lash extensions are not flattering. Shes so naturally pretty and then she has these massively heavy last extensions that drag her eyes down. I also reckon she knows this as she had them done by a different girl for her wedding, but otherwise shes happy to promote the ones she gets done for free.

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2018/08/20/through-a-veil-of-tears/

Recap of the BU V RT episode for all those not up to date!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ive seen the username Lexie bandied about in connection to all this. Was there any connection between that and an ex-user on here with the same name?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Ive seen the username Lexie bandied about in connection to all this. Was there any connection between that and an ex-user on here with the same name?

Lexie and Shoesdaychild child on Boards is/was Ramona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

SozBbz wrote: »
    Yeah athough they're still healing I guess. I'm just not a fan of any of those tattoo brow techniques, I think the results are too uniform and to perfect to look natural. I lot of people look a bit odd with them I think. Eyebrows should be sisters, not twins anyway.
    I think lots of influencers are enforsing things that don't actually look good though. Like TaraMakeup (who is generally ok) but her lash extensions are not flattering. Shes so naturally pretty and then she has these massively heavy last extensions that drag her eyes down. I also reckon she knows this as she had them done by a different girl for her wedding, but otherwise shes happy to promote the ones she gets done for free.

This. She is GORGEOUS and so tasteful but those lashes?!?!? They make her look like a camel, truly awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Lexie and Shoesdaychild child on Boards is/was Ramona

Was the user name just Lexie or longer than that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Was the user name just Lexie or longer than that?

Why does it matter? Hasn’t this died a death by now?!

Why does it matter? Hasn’t this died a death by now?!

The broadsheet article was only published yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2018/08/20/through-a-veil-of-tears/

Recap of the BU V RT episode for all those not up to date!

Christ almighty I'm dizzy after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Yeah but there was no new information in it. It was a terribly written article, quotes thrown together that we’ve all already heard, and absolutely no proof linking anything in the article together.

Yeah but there was no new information in it. It was a terribly written article, quotes thrown together that we’ve all already heard, and absolutely no proof linking anything in the article together.

I thought the article was good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

I didn’t read your link cause I’m over it all now tbh. No offense to you of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

It read like something written by a transition year student. It revealed absolutely nothing. Pretty much a poor synopsis of what anyone following the situation already now, with no new information and absolutely no evidence to what they were implying. Pure speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,470 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Admittedly I just skimmed but is it just me or was there nothing new there or any proof that the person they've identified is correct?

TheChizler wrote: »
    Admittedly I just skimmed but is it just me or was there nothing new there or any proof that the person they've identified is correct?

There was more information on the trolling and fake profiles from 10 years ago, including naming the person who published the blog about it, I hadn't heard her named before.

It read like something written by a transition year student. It revealed absolutely nothing. Pretty much a poor synopsis of what anyone following the situation already now, with no new information and absolutely no evidence to what they were implying. Pure speculation.

But most people don't follow this stuff. I live in Tullamore, since the whole thing started no-one mentioned the whole scandal to me. I still don't know which beauty salon is here neither I care. There is no big scandal for those who don't follow the whole blogging thing. Even in hairdressers nobody said anything. I know of White Moose because one of them was on radio criticising food intolerances (if I remember it correctly). I remember Rosemary MacCabe from when she was at Irish Times (she made a mistake in one of her articles that I never forgot) and I didn't like the abuse she was getting here. And I never heard of the rest before this.

I skimmed the article and it's the summary of claims floating around. Not much research but for someone who didn't follow the whole thing and there are many it's summary of the scandal. You are not it's target market it's aimed at majority of people who don't have a clue about the whole drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I found it very disjointed. I just wanted to edit the whole thing.

• Advertisement

Perhaps I missed it but where does the jessisfake blogger explain the connection between “jess” and RT?

Advertisement