Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Influencers over-editing photos in Social Media/Cyber-bullying accusations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

fussyonion wrote: »
    You were probably kicked out for not contributing much.

I was though. Granted the last 2 weeks or so I haven’t been able to post much. The whole subreddit has quietened down a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sirfja

How did you figure it out? I’m struggling ha

So if you try to get into r/BlogEire and a message comes up saying it's not possible. Don't press back just press outside of the message box. Then at the top of the screen there's a three dots menu thing, if you press that there's an option to message mod. That's what I did...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Pseudonymised

sirfja wrote: »
    So if you try to get into r/BlogEire and a message comes up saying it's not possible. Don't press back just press outside of the message box. Then at the top of the screen there's a three dots menu thing, if you press that there's an option to message mod. That's what I did...

I got the App and that worked! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭DublinHun72

I’m crap at Reddit I gave up 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SaraKJohn

I’m crap at Reddit I gave up 😩

Do you want to pm me your reddit name and I'll message the mod to add you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

SaraKJohn wrote: »
    Do you want to pm me your reddit name and I'll message the mod to add you?

Would you mind doing the same for me? I can't figure it out at all! I'll pm you my username :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SaraKJohn

Sparkles27 wrote:
    Would you mind doing the same for me? I can't figure it out at all! I'll pm you my username

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cherryamour

SaraKJohn wrote: »
    Sparkles27 wrote:
    Would you mind doing the same for me? I can't figure it out at all! I'll pm you my username

Done.

I'm sorry, I know this is annoying, but could you do it for me too? I posted in the group a lot! Reddit tells me there is no BlogEire so I can't find it!

I'm sorry, I know this is annoying, but could you do it for me too? I posted in the group a lot! Reddit tells me there is no BlogEire so I can't find it!
    This worked for me

sirfja wrote: »

wyrn wrote: »
    This worked for me

Did they add you? Think I sent a pm anyway

• Advertisement

Did they add you? Think I sent a pm anyway
    They did but I'd been active in the old subreddit and the public thread so I don't know if that makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭aoife1991

Thanks for letting us know about the new subreddit. The old one had gone a bit quiet so I wasn't contributing much but still like to keep in the loop.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

For the sake of simplicity, here's a link to the subreddit where you should be able to message the moderators (maybe not on mobile though): https://www.reddit.com/r/BlogEire

Anyone hear of some north dublin model arrested?

Not arrested but warned about the boyfriend who is allegedly a big dealer I believe. Names been dropped on Reddit earlier

Lol...i haven't been let in yet and have post history. Any hints? Is actually someone well known or an instafamous that I prob dont know.
    Yeah sorry just heard it was a warning.

I just seen it on normal Reddit Ireland. I’m not in the group yet either and I was a regular poster 😩

No idea, other than that I requested access a couple of days ago and haven’t heard anything back either. Maybe they’re busy, maybe they’re being really careful about who they admit - I couldn’t guess.

Faith wrote: »
    No idea, other than that I requested access a couple of days ago and haven’t heard anything back either. Maybe they’re busy, maybe they’re being really careful about who they admit - I couldn’t guess.

No luck here either. I miss the daily goss

My luck here either. I miss the daily goss

Me too, even though I was just a lurker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Why not set up another group? There seems to be plenty that would join the new one and I guess a few that would join both, and needn't be as selective as the current mod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Suckit wrote: »
    Why not set up another group? There seems to be plenty that would join the new one and I guess a few that would join both, and needn't be as selective as the current mod.

If someone sets up another group let me know, I wasn't on the original Reddit so there was no hope in me even tryin this new group :D

• Advertisement

Why not use the public page? Fair warning though, it'll automatically archive in less than a month - they auto lock at 6 months.

I'm happy to set up a subreddit, but does anyone know why the others are so cautious with who they admit? I don't want to be bringing a world of pain onto myself!

I know how to do it, yeah. I'm about to head out for the evening but I can do it tomorrow if there's a need to :)

Faith

@Faith- do you know how to set it up I don't otherwise I would have done.
    I think it is more to avoid trolls and people posting links to find people ip address that my guess? If you set one up great. I couldn't get onto a blogirl page nothing so I had no idea how to set up a page although that is from a phone ��

I think there were definitely a lot of trolls.
    I see the mod of the current ones name.. Is it the yer wan from Offaly?

I don't get why boards doesn't do closed/private forums so that people can discuss things more freely.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Suckit wrote: »
    I don't get why boards doesn't do closed/private forums so that people can discuss things more freely.

They do :cool:

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    They do :cool:
    Yes, I knew that would be mentioned :)

I mean why they don't do them, as in allow them in certain categories etc.. Not just the one area where randomness is plentiful. Unless there are others?

wyrn wrote: »
    Why not use the public page? Fair warning though, it'll automatically archive in less than a month - they auto lock at 6 months.

Just looked at that and I’ve no option to post or reply or upvote 🙈 I give up

https://www.reddit.com/r/BloggingIreland/

Right, I’ve set up a subreddit but I have very little knowledge of how to move forward! It’s private but I don’t plan to restrict access much for now. I reckon it’s fair to say that if you have a posting history (not necessarily blogger-related) on either Boards or Reddit, that should be enough for access. Request access through reddit, and if you’re new to reddit, include your boards username in the message and that should be enough. I don’t plan to remove people for inactivity because I’m not sure what the point of that is?

This is very much trial and error so if it doesn’t work out, no harm done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,890 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Suckit wrote:
    I mean why they don't do them, as in allow them in certain categories etc.. Not just the one area where randomness is plentiful. Unless there are others?

There are loads of private forums.

Advertisement