Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Influencers over-editing photos in Social Media/Cyber-bullying accusations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

^Look at how wobbly the shadow of the metal bar is. It doesn't lie and it cannot be denied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

SusieBlue wrote: »
    ^Look at how wobbly the shadow of the metal bar is. It doesn't lie and it cannot be denied.

What shadow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

What shadow?

In the link, the pic of her at the festival standing against the bars.

Oh sorry I didn't see that link.

I can't stand MUF but I don't think that shadow is a result of editing. It would be obvious from the pattern of the floor if it was. I think it's just an uneven floor surface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Not sure there's much more going on in that photo than loads of filters, that shadow seems to be of something to the left or behind the camera, to my eye? There's no shadow cast by the vertical bars.

Out of all the people I've found out about on this thread I'd wonder about MUF's metal health, her behaviour is very bizarre. So I'm not too interested in tearing apart her photos to guess what she's edited. But I have to say, that Louis Vuitton x Supreme dog clothes thing is fcuking hilarious :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

That mas who talk crap Instagram account is pure cyber bullying. Another anonymous account that tries to publicly humiliate people and no thoughts for the consequences.
    And any opinion they don’t like is labeled an Uber troll.
    I don’t know what is wrong with people who think it is ok to behave like that. Who don’t think that what they say can impact on real people.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

That mas who talk crap Instagram account is pure cyber bullying. Another anonymous account that tries to publicly humiliate people and no thoughts for the consequences.
    I don’t know what is wrong with people who think it is ok to behave like that. Who don’t think that what they say can impact on real people.

MUF also had a story recently where she publicly highlighted someone who left a comment she didn't like. I wasn't comfortable with that either, there's a big difference between a comment on the pic of a public persona, and a public persona with [allegedly] 150K followers pointing a finger at a private individual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I've seen those LV x Supreme dog jumpers things knocking around quite a bit in a few of the Dublin Markets... quite obviously fakes and defo bot to my taste but I don't think she was claiming it as authentic to be fair to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SaraKJohn

Scraggs wrote:
    I've seen those LV x Supreme dog jumpers things knocking around quite a bit in a few of the Dublin Markets... quite obviously fakes and defo bot to my taste but I don't think she was claiming it as authentic to be fair to her.

Someone asked her where it was from and she said Louis Vuitton Supreme collection. She also tagged LV in her post. She also has storm featured in her story "rocking LV Supreme". She was more than insinuating it was genuine. I asked her where did she get it in her picture.. And no answer.

Lol repeatedly tagging LV in it...of course she’s claiming it’s real. MUF is so beyond materialistic it’s disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Lol repeatedly tagging LV in it...of course she’s claiming it’s real. MUF is so beyond materialistic it’s disgusting.

Now she has on her instastory Questions n Answers that the dog jacket is from Etsy and is a dupe brand. Trying to look transparent now after being caught rotten

ratmouse wrote: »
    Now she has on her instastory Questions n Answers that the dog jacket is from Etsy and is a dupe brand. Trying to look transparent now after being caught rotten

Ffs she was so clearly trying to pretend it was real. People don’t tag Yves Saint Laurent when they post about buying Aldi concealer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Faith wrote: »
    Ffs she was so clearly trying to pretend it was real. People don’t tag Yves Saint Laurent when they post about buying Aldi concealer!

Funny how she failed to mention the dupe at all in the pic or comments..

https://m.imgur.com/a/sXQRzx4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

It's far worse than BU. At least BU was calling out bloggers and influencers who were being shady with the truth. This new page seems to be screenshotting ordinary people's comments from a closed group where they are just expressing their own opinion which seems to be less favourable of influencers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

SaraKJohn wrote: »
    Someone asked her where it was from and she said Louis Vuitton Supreme collection. She also tagged LV in her post. She also has storm featured in her story "rocking LV Supreme". She was more than insinuating it was genuine. I asked her where did she get it in her picture.. And no answer.
    Pardon my speculation, I'm only going by second and third hand gossip - but apparently it's not the first time MUF has shown counterfeit goods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    It's far worse than BU. At least BU was calling out bloggers and influencers who were being shady with the truth. This new page seems to be screenshotting ordinary people's comments from a closed group where they are just expressing their own opinion which seems to be less favourable of influencers.

BU lost their way and got quite nasty near the end, but, not as bad as the MWTC insta page.

Who would run such a petty nasty page?

There was a GWS post today which was a little controversial and the poster was advised to take it down in so they didn't get exposed on that insta page. It was quickly removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Who is GWS?

Who are the three girl bloggers?

This is hard to keep up with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Suckit wrote: »
    Who is GWS?

Who are the three girl bloggers?

This is hard to keep up with.

Galz who snap - Facebook group, its regularly featured on the Insta page Mas Who Talk Crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Someone has screenshot comments from here and sent them to that Mas who talk Crap page on Instagram.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

fussyonion wrote: »
    Someone has screenshot comments from here and sent them to that Mas who talk Crap page on Instagram.

They must love the attention. Any publicity is good publicity and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Had RMC given up on the spending diary? The last few were 'guest' ones. Haven't seen one of her own in a while.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Had RMC given up on the spending diary? The last few were 'guest' ones. Haven't seen one of her own in a while.

Aren't they all behind the Patreon paywall now?

Aren't they all behind the Patreon paywall now?

I'm not sure. They used always be public unless that's changed?

She mentioned this in her stories yesterday and basically said she hadn’t done them because she was ashamed of how much she had been spending, but that people had been asking so she’d do another.

Faith wrote: »
    She mentioned this in her stories yesterday and basically said she hadn’t done them because she was ashamed of how much she had been spending, but that people had been asking so she’d do another.

I missed that. I see she has mentioned that she has stomach problems that she's having investigated and that it may be down to diet! I'm not trying to be funny, but erm, you think?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

She said the other day shed do one tomorrow and then no more mention of it. She's almost as bad as the white moose guys for eating out every single meal. Tho i suspect shes paying for hers. No way they're going to that chicken place every other day and paying full whack.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

RMC's latest money diary is up. This week she has a colonoscopy to try and solve her "digestive issues" and then goes straight back to eating out and takeaways most days.

I honestly don't know how she has any money with the amount she spends on food a week.

I'm really beginning to wonder if she's actually taking the p**s. Going in for a colonoscopy and ordering a pizza a few hours later. Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Yeah I dunno... Im just in awe in her 'want' to eat out/order in so often. I mean even on a holiday abroad after 2 weeks of eating out the novelty wears off. Also didn't she have a doc apt about the digestive issue a few weeks back and the night before she either had Mexican or Indian take put . I remember thinking Christ they are not the style of food I'd be choosing pre a doc visit. It reminded me of the time I was in dentists waiting room 9am and there was a guy waiting to go in ...eating a bag of monster munch !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Dont know if this instagram account has been mentioned, its pretty new. Influencers laid bare. It seems more along the lines of the origional BU than any of the other copcat accounts. Comments are disabled so no drama and it comes across pretty matter of fact rather than gossipy or bitchy.

Advertisement