Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Influencers over-editing photos in Social Media/Cyber-bullying accusations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

What's 'blackface toth'?
    I searched it and found nothing, but saw it mentioned a few times.

EDITED - Found it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Effects wrote: »
    I don't get how she has 1.2M followers. It just seems like repeated photos of a show home for a housing estate in swords.

I've watched some of her and she has good tips for anyone new to domestication! I bought a house this year so only getting into the swing of things.

I guess it's something to keep you company while your cleaning yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Effects wrote: »
    I don't get how she has 1.2M followers. It just seems like repeated photos of a show home for a housing estate in swords.

It seemed to snowball over a few weeks. I heard about her a couple month s back and she was about 8k then it kept getting bigger and bigger. I don't think she is good, too many chemicals and it's not interesting watching the same clean sink being cleaned again.

Someone mentioned the organised mum here and she is much better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I see Faces by Grace now has a 'my home' Instagram of her grey house. Trying her best to copy Mrs Hinch!

I like a bit of grey in interiors, but only when it’s paired with warmer tones otherwise it seems so cold. Especially when paired with shiny velvet and mirrored finishes.

This morning was so miserable that I had the candles burning from 11am. If I’d the place duly decorated in greys I’d have been depressed

ahayes84 wrote: »
    I like a bit of grey in interiors, but only when it’s paired with warmer tones otherwise it seems so cold. Especially when paired with shiny velvet and mirrored finishes.

This morning was so miserable that I had the candles burning from 11am. If I’d the place duly decorated in greys I’d have been depressed

Instagram has put me off grey interiors for life!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

RMC spending diary is up. Same old same old. Says at the start she 'needs to be more frugal', then blows over €500 not even in a week, but in 5 days, most of it on guess what? Yup, food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

RMC spending diary is up. Same old same old. Says at the start she 'needs to be more frugal', then blows over €500 not even in a week, but in 5 days, most of it on guess what? Yup, food.

She’s vulgar. In every sense of the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

She’s vulgar. In every sense of the word.

I just can't understand how people can waste so much money...How is she able to spend such sums. Or is the spending diary fake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

And what makes me laugh is that she says she is writing a column on "Cyber Week" on how to save money! I have a tip for you RMC, go to Lidl/Aldi spend under EUR 100 on fresh food that will do you for the week and make your own breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Only started to read these diaries though them being mentioned here. Never heard of her beforehand, but she strikes me as being lazy by constantly eating out and not bothering cooking. Complaining that she is feeling really tired, of course you would be feeling sluggish by eating crap 7 days a week!

I really wonder how much of the diary is true and how much is just for notice because I do think she's very attention seeking. A sort of poor mans Lena Dunham.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Hang on, she spends €500 a week on food? For herself only?

Are we including restaurants, coffee to go and all eating out here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I really wonder how much of the diary is true and how much is just for notice because I do think she's very attention seeking. A sort of poor mans Lena Dunham.

Well she is trying to monetise her writting. I read the diary couple of times, I find it to be a click bait and waste of time. Frankly I don't care how much she eats outside but I don't believe half of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Hang on, she spends €500 a week on food? For herself only?

Are we including restaurants, coffee to go and all eating out here?

She eats out for at least two meals a day, every day, as well as takeaways, coffees and doing a food shop.

She has so much rich, heavy food all the time, her digestive system must be in bits. Well actually we know its in bits, because she's been so ill with it she had to spend circa €1k (iirc) or so on a colonoscopy last month to try to get to the bottom of why she's so sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

May be the wrong thread. But if bloggers receive something free aren't they not obligated to say its an ad or sp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

May be the wrong thread. But if bloggers receive something free aren't they not obligated to say its an ad or sp?

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Nope - only if they have any terms of how they're showing it directed by the company. So they stuff they receive unsolicited, they have the choice to show or not so they don't have to #ad or #sp. However if they've agreed with the brand to show it in a particular way (even if no money involved I think) or if the brand has any control over the content created involving the product, then they do have to #ad or #sp it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Did anyone see RMCs stories yesterday?

She was going on about her Patreon again (yawn) but apparently for people who pay at the highest level, she offers shout outs in her stories in return.

Seemed really weird and awkward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

SozBbz wrote: »
    Did anyone see RMCs stories yesterday?

She was going on about her Patreon again (yawn) but apparently for people who pay at the highest level, she offers shout outs in her stories in return.

Seemed really weird and awkward.

I would pay not to have a RMC shoutout.
    I wonder how many of her followers actually like and find her interesting.
    And how many follow because she is a bit ridiculous.
    Or maybe that is the point?!

I would pay not to have a RMC shoutout.
    I wonder how many of her followers actually like and find her interesting.
    And how many follow because she is a bit ridiculous.
    Or maybe that is the point?!

Definitely the ridiculous reason for me... like I don't dislike her, but I would find her awfully hard work if she was someone I knew in real life. Shes just a bit too woke for me sometimes and I have to switch off when she starts on about bodypositivity and selfcare etc, but I enjoy the dog/food related content.

The shout out in stories was so odd. She admitted that she only has one Patreon at that level so it probably won't be a regular thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Ah here,

"you'll get one dedicated shout-out on Instagram Stories. Got a product you'd like to push? Do you simply want more Instagram followers? I'll dedicate a minimum of three Instagram Stories to telling my 45,000 followers just how great you are (or your product / dog / mam / blog) and urging them to follow you / check out your product / dog / mam / blog"

Here's a tip to save you money..... just talk mad **** about her on twitter then block her before she can reply. You'll get a shout out for free. She is one of the most ridiculous people out of the Irish electronic panhandle..... eh I mean bloggers.

Shes a mad yolk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Ah here,

"you'll get one dedicated shout-out on Instagram Stories. Got a product you'd like to push? Do you simply want more Instagram followers? I'll dedicate a minimum of three Instagram Stories to telling my 45,000 followers just how great you are (or your product / dog / mam / blog) and urging them to follow you / check out your product / dog / mam / blog"

Here's a tip to save you money..... just talk mad **** about her on twitter then block her before she can reply. You'll get a shout out for free. She is one of the most ridiculous people out of the Irish electronic panhandle..... eh I mean bloggers.

Shes a mad yolk.

Genuinely ASTOUNDED she has 45,000 followers :eek:

I often wonder what her numbers were/are pre and post Why I Didn't Report my Rapist blog post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

I often wonder what her numbers were/are pre and post Why I Didn't Report my Rapist blog post

Why? Do you think they may have went up or down after that post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Can someone post up one of these spending diarys, I think you have to have an Instgram account to see them?

Also anyone know the name of that site specifically for bloggers to get free stuff? I think Vogue mentioned it in one of her docs but I only saw the promo mentioning it.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Can someone post up one of these spending diarys, I think you have to have an Instgram account to see them?

Also anyone know the name of that site specifically for bloggers to get free stuff? I think Vogue mentioned it in one of her docs but I only saw the promo mentioning it.

You don't need Instagram to see the spending diaries. They're on her blog. Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link here, but if you google Rosemary MacCabe, it should pop right up.

[HTML][/HTML]
    frogstar wrote: »
    Why? Do you think they may have went up or down after that post?

I'd hazard a guess they went up just going by how many on fb/twitter and boards were discussing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Genuinely ASTOUNDED she has 45,000 followers :eek:

Could be bought followers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Could be bought followers

Aren't instagram removing users that do that? Or is that fake accounts (I would have thought they were the same thing).

[HTML][/HTML]

I'd hazard a guess they went up just going by how many on fb/twitter and boards were discussing it

TBH I don't believe hers are bought followers. Shes a lot of things but I don't think shes a fake.

She did get a few 1000 from the whole unmasking of BloggersUnveiled a few months back and it looks like a fair few of them have stuck around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

A complaint about Faces by Grace was upheld by the ASAI today, related to the website not flagging content as sponsored.
    Complaint Upheld.

The Complaints Committee considered the detail of the complaint and the advertisers’ response. The Committee accepted that while human error may have given rise to what had happened in this case, that nevertheless, the onus was on all advertisers including influencers to ensure that all marketing communications were clearly identifiable as such to consumers prior to them engaging with the content.

As the posts had not been identified as advertising material the Committee concluded that the advertising had breached Sections 3.31 and 3.32 of the Code.

ACTION REQUIRED:
    As the advertising had been amended no further action was required in this case.

The Committee, however, reminded all advertisers, including influencers, that in the interest of clarity it was essential that they clearly identify all marketing communications as such.
    https://www.asai.ie/complaint/clothing-adult/

Another influencer Dominique Nugent had a complaint while selling sports clothing on Instagram. Same thing- not marking content as advertising. Also upheld.
    https://www.asai.ie/complaint/clothing-footwear/

Advertisement