Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Influencers over-editing photos in Social Media/Cyber-bullying accusations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

anna080 wrote: »
    Also, if she had "8 writers" when it was a new blog with a small readership- what the hell was Sue doing? .

Answering the phones in 98/Spin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Caranica wrote: »
    On one of the other threads on here someone posted that a competition run by SCS was won by one of Sineads friends. Not sure if she confronted about it.

She's having a meltdown over this accusation on Snapchat today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

cee_jay wrote: »
    She's having a meltdown over this accusation on Snapchat today.

I wanna see! But I don't want to follow :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

rawn wrote: »
    I wanna see! But I don't want to follow :o

Me too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

You don't need to follow someone on Snapchat to watch their story. Just search their handle and then click on the little circle beside the add button and you can view their story.

This only works if their SC is public though, won't work on private accounts.

• Advertisement

Thanks! Just watched her there, never heard of her before today. She comes across as very genuine, I would be inclined to believe her personally, and I'm beginning to think Bullsh-tcallerouter should at least try to contact the bloggers for an explanation before posting about her. very innocent explanation (if it's true).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I have to agree, she does come across as very genuine. Either she is an amazing liar or she is genuine. I am tending to go with the latter.

I did not see much about the hat comp, so i am a bit confused there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I’ve ran a few competitions on the past on my blog, and several have been won by work colleagues, even though I randomly select winners.

If you think about, it makes kinda sense as your family & friends are more likely to see your posts and enter. For that reason I wouldn’t be so quick to assume that comps are fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Thanks! Just watched her there, never heard of her before today. She comes across as very genuine, I would be inclined to believe her personally, and I'm beginning to think Bullsh-tcallerouter should at least try to contact the bloggers for an explanation before posting about her. very innocent explanation (if it's true).

Do you think no one has ever tried to contact bloggers for an explanation?
    What happens is you ask them and they block you instead of explaining.

Now they are being outed for their behaviour and they don't like it so they are crying on snapchat to get sympathy.

Do you think no one has ever tried to contact bloggers for an explanation?
    What happens is you ask them and they block you instead of explaining.

Now they are being outed for their behaviour and they don't like it so they are crying on snapchat to get sympathy.

That may be, but there a probably a few casualties that haven't behaved badly. I believes that SCS might be one of them (only from watching todays Snaps, so i may have missed a load of her acting badly), as she comes across quite well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

dudara wrote: »
    I’ve ran a few competitions on the past on my blog, and several have been won by work colleagues, even though I randomly select winners.

If you think about, it makes kinda sense as your family & friends are more likely to see your posts and enter. For that reason I wouldn’t be so quick to assume that comps are fixed.
    I purposely don't enter competitions that friends and family run because I feel that if I were to win it would look suss, plus the whole idea for the comp is general to raise awareness for something specific (the blogger, an event, an item etc...) and I'd probably be aware of it being friends/family.

Suckit wrote: »
    That may be, but there a probably a few casualties that haven't behaved badly. I believes that SCS might be one of them (only from watching todays Snaps, so i may have missed a load of her acting badly), as she comes across quite well.

Isn't she the girl that ran a competition for a cinema trip... Then a week later the 'winner' tagged herself and scs in the cinema together so they were obviously very good friends.
    I'm 99% sure that was her but maybe someone else can confirm?
    She seems to be constantly promoting different companies and is fond of the 'if you don't like it don't follow' line but reads everything written about herself and literally crying on snapchat if something is said that she doesn't like. Not everything said is going to be positive.

I don't really see how anyone can be a casualty if they haven't done anything wrong though.
    It's quite a general rule to not award prizes to your friends and family - the prizes BSCO is talking about are one sponsored by other companies that the blogger is being paid to advertise and give away.

Suckit wrote: »

Isn't she the girl that ran a competition for a cinema trip... Then a week later the 'winner' tagged herself and scs in the cinema together so they were obviously very good friends.
    I'm 99% sure that was her but maybe someone else can confirm?
    She seems to be constantly promoting different companies and is fond of the 'if you don't like it don't follow' line but reads everything written about herself and literally crying on snapchat if something is said that she doesn't like. Not everything said is going to be positive.

I don't really see how anyone can be a casualty if they haven't done anything wrong though.
    It's quite a general rule to not award prizes to your friends and family - the prizes BSCO is talking about are one sponsored by other companies that the blogger is being paid to advertise and give away.

She explained on Snapchat that the comp winner turned out to be a work colleague of a friend. SCS went to the cinema 2 weeks later with said friend who called and said "dya mind if 'comp winner' comes along and she did yeah ofc as they'd gotten on great, and she didn't think to clarify it as it just didn't occur to her how it seemed to look to others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

BullSh1t

They're all at it

She explained on Snapchat that the comp winner turned out to be a work colleague of a friend. SCS went to the cinema 2 weeks later with said friend who called and said "dya mind if 'comp winner' comes along and she did yeah ofc as they'd gotten on great, and she didn't think to clarify it as it just didn't occur to her how it seemed to look to others.

Do you believe that?
    That no one asked her about it between then and now? No one commented on the post asking what was going on or why she was with the competition winner?
    Not one person asked for an explanation and she had no idea it looked a little odd to be hanging out with the person she'd given a prize to?...
    Seriously???

Or more likely that a lot of people asked what was going on and she deleted and blocked them but now she's caught out and back crying on snapchat. Again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

dudara wrote: »

Most wouldn't allow family/friends to enter in the first place for the sake of propriety.

Companies, etc would let staff win a comp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

She's full of pony and she knows it. Caught rotten. Worse again are her followers for defending her.

You know what makes me laugh tho? This bullsh1t they cry when they're caught "women should support women".. where was our support when they lied to us deceived us used us as cash cows and treated us like we were stupid and hateful if we dared ask them a question? Where's the love and light there

You know what makes me laugh tho? This bullsh1t they cry when they're caught "women should support women".. where was our support when they lied to us deceived us used us as cash cows and treated us like we were stupid and hateful if we dared ask them a question? Where's the love and light there

The 'bloggers supporting bloggers' is just as bad. They are the ones that are being actively deprived from winning anything.
    Elle Darby's twitter page is sickening, and very much harming the blogging platform imo.

They really do not seem to understand why this is getting so much publicity (comments point it out though).. https://twitter.com/LabelsandLondon/status/953998984716136449

:(https://twitter.com/_emthatsme/status/953398027607334912

This is ridiculous, and they really need to get a dictionary and look up the word 'bullying' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANTbZiwYqeE

It's a generation who won medals for participating and were never told no

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I've been following SCS from the start and have always promoted her to others. I finally removed her this morning which is sad as I always like to support fellow Limerick women. However, I don't want to support someone that believes genuine feedback in relation to their work is 'negativity' and sneers at those that have genuine constructive criticism and questions.

I would tend to believe that she is telling the truth about the competition winners but the way she has handled it has been very unprofessional and ungenuine imo. She has dismissed genuine concerns by calling people 'haters', ''negative' and that to me is superficial and fake.

I really think influencers days are numbered. I deleted my Snapchat this morning as I really don't think it's enriching me in anyway. I think this year will be the year of the podcast and we will see all the 'influencers' jumping on that bandwagon soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

panda100 wrote: »
    I've been following SCS from the start and have always promoted her to others. I finally removed her this morning which is sad as I always like to support fellow Limerick women. However, I don't want to support someone that believes genuine feedback in relation to their work is 'negativity' and sneers at those that have genuine constructive criticism and questions.

I would tend to believe that she is telling the truth about the competition winners but the way she has handled it has been very unprofessional and ungenuine imo. She has dismissed genuine concerns by calling people 'haters', ''negative' and that to me is superficial and fake.

I really think influencers days are numbered. I deleted my Snapchat this morning as I really don't think it's enriching me in anyway. I think this year will be the year of the podcast and we will see all the 'influencers' jumping on that bandwagon soon enough.

Hello fellow Limerick lady!

I tend to agree with you, I hadn't heard of SCS until this thread but in general, I think these influencers days are coming to an end, or at least I did until I saw the hundreds queued up outside PIPPA's event yesterday. Maybe it's my age but I just DONT GET IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Same! She posted a screen shot of a few basic msgs where ppl just said very simply and politely ...I wish bloggers would be more honest ...kinda thing . And she said 'I will be deleting /blocking any more of this kind of content from now on and rightly so '.........then she posted a screen shot of a few pages of msgs fawning over her and kissing her ass.
    Delusional!

Same! She posted a screen shot of a few basic msgs where ppl just said very simply and politely ...I wish bloggers would be more honest ...kinda thing . And she said 'I will be deleting /blocking any more of this kind of content from now on and rightly so '.........then she posted a screen shot of a few pages of msgs fawning over her and kissing her ass. Delusional!

That was the delbreaker for me. I read those messages and from what I could see absolutely nothing personal or bad were being asked! She also screenshot a while back, a thread from the Limerick forum on here that , once again, was not saying anything too negative, but just questioning her sponsorship/ads. I started to question her authenticity after that and it's gone down hill from there. I completely agree that people shouldn't be personal about bloggers but nothing on that Limerick forum was and she was calling us 'negative!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

That was the delbreaker for me. I read those messages and from what I could see absolutely nothing personal or bad were being asked! She also screenshot a while back, a thread from the Limerick forum on here that , once again, was not saying anything too negative, but just questioning her sponsorship/ads. I started to question her authenticity after that and it's gone down hill from there. I completely agree that people shouldn't be personal about bloggers but nothing on that Limerick forum was and she was calling us 'negative!

Which Limerick Blogger is that?

c.p.w.g.w wrote:
    Which Limerick Blogger is that?

SCS

Yeah, this 'I have to rid myself of all negativity in my life' bullcrap is another example of having watched to many teen movies.
    I nearly started to explain myself there, basically, what they deem to be negative is barely criticism, and seems to be brought on by their own misunderstanding of how the world works while they stay in their bedroom in their bubble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I have also unfollowed SCS - and again, have followed for for quite some time now, and was one of the few I would watch on snapchat regularly. She has a great sense of style, and that's why I followed her. I felt over the last while, her stories had begun to turn into a constant ad almost - OK she may not be getting payment for everything, but it was constant promotion. I now know of a number of businesses in the Limerick area I will never visit because I have seen so much of them on her stories.
    The "negativity" screenshot she posted on Snapchat wasn't negativity in the slightest in my opinion - it was valuable feedback and SCS (and other bloggers) should learn to take this on board if they are to keep their follower numbers up. A lot of bricks and mortar stores and companies would love to receive this feedback for free from their target audience. Marketing is about keeping and satisfying your customer - and that's what their followers are in a way. I don't understand the mentality they have whereby they dismiss all feedback as negativity and don't take it on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Is it just me or is MUF looking a little less cartoonish and a little more mortal in her latest insta posts? Do we think she's beginning to cop herself on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Bambi985 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is MUF looking a little less cartoonish and a little more mortal in her latest insta posts? Do we think she's beginning to cop herself on?

I disagree. I think she looks as edited as before. Look at her own insta post from last night compared to the Insta story pic from GalwayPlayers account. Both have different looking facial features in my opinion.

Advertisement