Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiviar Alpha Plus Combo STB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

There isn't much in the difference between them, both are very stable. It really only matters of you want to set it up from scratch yourself, if you intend to use my image flashing an image wipes whatever you get anyway. Mine is based on Openatv, I prefer it as I feel they are slightly ahead of OpenVix

Thanks. Went for openatv. Will use your guidelines .

Ordered openatv. Should have it wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Minor Q

I want to change the rewind and fast forward speeds

I go into Recordings and Playback but when I highlight the Fast Forward Speeds for example it has 2 4 8 16 32 64 128

But no matter what button I press I can't change anything on it or the rewind speeds, am I missing something?

It's like both options are locked out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

This is working great.

Dream Epg and Dream player are great.

Was wondering what's the best way to do a series records where shows can move time slots weekly?

Noticed there is a series plugin available but not sure what it does.

Any more useful apps like dream player or plugins worth downloading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Minor Q

I want to change the rewind and fast forward speeds

I go into Recordings and Playback but when I highlight the Fast Forward Speeds for example it has 2 4 8 16 32 64 128

But no matter what button I press I can't change anything on it or the rewind speeds, am I missing something?

It's like both options are locked out

Works for me. Press once for 2x, press again for 4x, press again for 8x etc

• Advertisement

john_doe. wrote: »
    This is working great.

Dream Epg and Dream player are great.

Was wondering what's the best way to do a series records where shows can move time slots weekly?

Noticed there is a series plugin available but not sure what it does.

Any more useful apps like dream player or plugins worth downloading.

Autotimer is the plugin for series link. It's very powerful but takes a bit of getting used to. You can adjust the time to look for shows between two times. You can also add include and exclude filters. I have one for match of the day which is set to include only on weekend days. This way you can miss repeats on other days

Dream player and dream Epg are great, enable Https in webif and forward port 443 on your router to the local IP of the box and you'll be able to access the box from anywhere once you know your public IP. You'll need a dynamic DNS service if you're have a dynamically changing one like I have. I pay for and use https://www.dynu.com/en-US

Autotimer is the plugin for series link. It's very powerful but takes a bit of getting used to. You can add include and exclude filters. I have one for match of the day which is set to include only on weekend days.

Dream player and dream Epg are great, enable Https in webif and forward port 443 on your router to the local IP of the box and you'll be able to access the box from anywhere once you know your public IP. You'll need a dynamic DNS service if you're have a dynamically changing one like I have. I pay for and use https://www.dynu.com/en-US

Thanks ya , I must set up a VPN to network as I have some security cameras as well so might expose that.

The recording is a bit tricky , woke up this morning and it's recording something. Not sure what or how to stop it at moment. Nothing in timers so can't see why it started or how to stop it

Thanks ya , I must set up a VPN to network as I have some security cameras as well so might expose that.

The recording is a bit tricky , woke up this morning and it's recording something. Not sure what or how to stop it at moment. Nothing in timers so can't see why it started or how to stop it

See is there an autotimer set?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Press record, choose stop recording.it will then either stop recording the current channel or give you a list of what is recording and ask what you want to stop.

Easiest way to find out what is recording would be to press the folder/recordings button. It will show up there too.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Press record, choose stop recording.it will then either stop recording the current channel or give you a list of what is recording and ask what you want to stop.

Easiest way to find out what is recording would be to press the folder/recordings button. It will show up there too.

Not sure what was going on . Rebooted.
    Love the PIP Function - great for switching channels during adds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Noticed there is a series plugin available but not sure what it does. .....

Autotimer may already be installed but not visible in the menus. When you have the EPG open and a show selected, press and hold the green timer button for a few seconds. If installed, this will bring up the autotimer dialogue. The default settings usually suit most jobs so just hit OK, but as THHB mentioned, it is very comprehensive and flexible if you want to get creative.

Hope to have everything wednesday. Just two questions.

I'm not getting the HDD from WOS so do I need to format it first, or will the flashing from THHB's image do that

Also
    A USB stick formatted to FAT32. (Preferably genuine Kingston and no larger than 8GB in size to prevent compatibility issues while flashing the image).

I just have a 16 and a 64 GB cards. Should I get an 8GB or chance the 16?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I keep a dedicated usb kingston 8gb for usb flashing when needed.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Hope to have everything wednesday. Just two questions.

I'm not getting the HDD from WOS so do I need to format it first, or will the flashing from THHB's image do that

Also

I just have a 16 and a 64 GB cards. Should I get an 8GB or chance the 16?

You'll need to initialise the hdd to make it usable, it doesn't matter which image you use to initialise it. Once done it will be available to the os.

Menu -> setup -> system -> storage devices -> initialisation

I found a 4GB Integral mem stick. Will that do the job?

THHB, I downloaded and unzipped your image backup. Do I load the "Triviaraplus" folder and contents onto the root of the formatted stick or just the contents without the folder?

Sorry to be annoying you but this is all new to me.

Cheers.
    Joe.

I found a 4GB Integral mem stick. Will that do the job?

THHB, I downloaded and unzipped your image backup. Do I load the "Triviaraplus" folder and contents onto the root of the formatted stick or just the contents without the folder?

Sorry to be annoying you but this is all new to me.

Cheers.
    Joe.

Follow the guide
    http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/Flashing%20Guides/Tiviar%20USB%20Flashing%20Guides/How%20to%20flash%20a%20Tiviar%20Alpha+.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Expose it to what ? Wouldnt the http be on port 80 anyway and the media content on another? By the way there is a CCTV viewer app in the extensions called camofs.

Hi THHB. I got the box today and flashed it with your backup. I changed the Saorview settings to Truskmore and did a scan. I'm getting the saorview channels no problem but there's nothing coming in on satellite. I plugged the cables back into an older box and it's pulling in satellite fine so it's not a dish issue. Any help appreciated. Ta.

I have to say the pic and sound is way better than what I was getting on my TV's tuner. I've been busy all day and am only sitting down properly to have a good look at it.

Hi THHB. I got the box today and flashed it with your backup. I changed the Saorview settings to Truskmore and did a scan. I'm getting the saorview channels no problem but there's nothing coming in on satellite. I plugged the cables back into an older box and it's pulling in satellite fine so it's not a dish issue. Any help appreciated. Ta.

I have to say the pic and sound is way better than what I was getting on my TV's tuner. I've been busy all day and am only sitting down properly to have a good look at it.

Use signal finder to make sure you have a signal, dpad right to change transponders check a few of them have a decent signal

Use signal finder to make sure you have a signal, dpad right to change transponders check a few of them have a decent signal

0% on all of them. SNR AGC and BER. Lock is unticked

• Advertisement

0% on all of them. SNR AGC and BER. Lock is unticked

Ok you need to make sure the tuners are configured. How many satellite feeds do you have? You have them in the right port?

Two feeds. Just checked again. Put them in an old sky plus box one by one and they're both working.

Ok you need to make sure the tuners are configured. How many satellite feeds do you have? You have them in the right port?

DOOOOH. Tuner 1 was in the LNB OUT port. Getting 99% now. Do I do an automatic scan now?

DOOOOH. Tuner 1 was in the LNB OUT port. Getting 99% now. Do I do an automatic scan now?

No need, should be working. Just run a scan with autobouquetmaker to update any changes since I backed up.

I just discovered that and was coming back to tell you. Thanks very much.

Next time I'm doing anything at the back I'll wear my glasses and use a torch.

I'll scan and update them now.

Thanks again.

Do a CrossEpg download. Make sure it's saving to storage drive not internal flash CrossEpg setup

Was wondering is there any way to strip ads from recordings? I'm guessing not

SteM wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm allowed link to another site. I've pmd you.

Could you ping me this too please

Do a CrossEpg download. Make sure it's saving to storage drive not internal flash CrossEpg setup

Just seeing this now. I went to bed after that.

I just put in the HDD this evening. I went to system settings and initialsed it. It only took about 30 seconds. Is that normal? I did a test recording for 5 mins which seemed to go ok and then went to record something else and it told me there was no more space.

Where do I go to watch recorded stuff after it's done?

• Advertisement

Just seeing this now. I went to bed after that.

I just put in the HDD this evening. I went to system settings and initialsed it. It only took about 30 seconds. Is that normal? I did a test recording for 5 mins which seemed to go ok and then went to record something else and it told me there was no more space.

Where do I go to watch recorded stuff after it's done?

Go to recording and timeshift and make sure you are recording movies to /media/hdd/movie and timeshift is set to /media/hdd/timeshift. Make sure timeshift autorecord is turned off. In Epg -> CrossEpg -> configure set the storage device to your internal hdd not internal flash. The play button brings up the default location to recordings

Advertisement