Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiviar Alpha Plus Combo STB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Disconnect any internal drive or other usb.

Some boxes are picky about usb sticks. I gather a small less than 8gig stick is fine. Make sure it's formatted in fat32. The extract the latest image to the root of it and give it a go again.

There's a button to press during the boot sequence. Think it's the white one. Leave it the for a few mins.

Anyone else had issues flashing these boxes ? I presume you have seen the sequence for flashing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I had to post a box back years ago and used the post office E20+ i think.

ONE WORD OF WARNING REMOVE BATTERIES AND KEEP THEM OUT OF PARCEL OR IT WILL BE DESTROYED

luckily i could take them out before handing it over,just looking at parcel motel

From just €4.50 per stay.
    Send Service Locker Size
    Small 8 × 38 × 64 cm Medium 19 × 38 × 64 cm
    Send from a Parcel Motel to another Parcel Motel €4.50 €5.50
    Send from a Parcel Motel to an address in Ireland/Northern Ireland €6.50 €7.50
    Send from a Parcel Motel to the UK* €14.50 €15.50
    Prices | Parcel Motel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The last two times I've had to send anything back (Lidl and Amazon), they emailed me an attachment to print off a label. Sellotape it to the package and hand it in at the PO. Job done.
    Maybe check with WOS and see do they provide this service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

My last return of a device, which had been paid through Paypal, cost about €29 IIRC.
    Paypal reimbursed me the amount when I applied and showed proof of the An Post receipt.
    They could track the device also.
    The Paypal limit on reimbursement was €30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

In all fairness WOS will refund the return postage where it's genuinely fcked.

They are fully aware that they get a lot of business in ROI through parcel motel NI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭NewClareman

STB. wrote: »
    I presume he was talking about 2 similarly specced and priced boxes that came on the market around the same time from wos. The formuler F1 and tiviar.

The answer to the question is always the one that has the most support. In this case the guy above who is making it so simple that you just have to flash his backup image and do one or two tweaks for your local saorview transmitter picons and network configuration.

Totally agree with this. I am simply blown away with this box, and the work that The high horse brigade has done with configuring it. It is highly functional, and extremely responsive - it blows mySky HD box right out of the water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Parcel Motel themselves do a return service using Royal Mail if World of Satellite give you a return by post label. Parcel Motel pick it from your local collection point and present it in a UK post office

Next time i need to send one back again it would be a better option.

Hi Lads.
    I'm having a bit of bother tonight. I can't get into the box through the network.

Using webif i get the message
    This site can’t be reached
    192.168.1.109 took too long to respond.
    Try:

Checking the connection
    Checking the proxy and the firewall

I'm getting a similar message from Tellymote on the phone.

The only thing I can think of is one of the children said the internet was slow today and she plugged out the router waited 10 secs and plugged it in again. Maybe some settings got changed in the process.

Any suggestions appreciated.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Hi Lads.
    I'm having a bit of bother tonight. I can't get into the box through the network.

Using webif i get the message

I'm getting a similar message from Tellymote on the phone.

The only thing I can think of is one of the children said the internet was slow today and she plugged out the router waited 10 secs and plugged it in again. Maybe some settings got changed in the process.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Are you sure that's still the IP of the box, that it didn't get a new lease using a different IP. Can you ping the IP from your laptop?

• Advertisement

Wow that was quick.

I did a network test on the box and the IP adress came up the same: 192.168.1.109

I'm not all that au fait with networking stuff. Maybe I should also mention the router is connected to an old router near the TV which is acting as a switch for the TA+ and a PS4

When you say ping the IP, does that mean putting it into the address bar of the browser?

Wow that was quick.

I did a network test on the box and the IP adress came up the same: 192.168.1.109

I'm not all that au fait with networking stuff. Maybe I should also mention the router is connected to an old router near the TV which is acting as a switch for the TA+ and a PS4

When you say ping the IP, does that mean putting it into the address bar of the browser?

I googled how to ping. I got a list of stuff where "Media disconnected" is mentioned a lot and this is at the bottom.
    '192.168.1.109' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

I have it sorted.

I went into the router interface and looked for connected devices and found this in the list.
    10 tiviaraplus 00:1E:B8:0A:CC:74 192.168.1.106 01:38:14

Phone, webif and Filezilla all working again.
    I'm after copying a movie over from the laptop and it worked perfectly .

I just checked the Network Setup again and it's still reading xxxxx.109. Weird.

THanks Thhb for pointing me in the right direction.

I have it sorted.

I went into the router interface and looked for connected devices and found this in the list.

Phone, webif and Filezilla all working again.
    I'm after copying a movie over from the laptop and it worked perfectly .

I just checked the Network Setup again and it's still reading xxxxx.109. Weird.

THanks Thhb for pointing me in the right direction.

Right, that proves (like I suspected) your router isn't remembering leases and is leasing different IPs after a reboot. It would be best to set a static on the Tiviar. Can you login to your router and look for a a section called DHCP, in there you will see a pool of addresses from which the router allocates, say 1-200 or so. We'll take note of this pool and set a static outside so as not to conflict. Post your findings and I'll advise.

Thanks for that. It'll be after 10 tonight before I get a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

[QUOTE=The high horse brigade;

Thanks high horse downloaded your image, looks very good.

just having 1 issued,
    i scanned channels and epg,
    now all channels are there except for channel 4 and channel 4 +1 and e4,
    everythying else is sound,

any idea why this is blank
    cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭kierc

Great skin i came across and im using if anyone wants to try
    https://www.digital-eliteboard.com/resources/pbmconfluence-hd-skin.2606/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

What use are folks making of this box.
    Do you have them set up in multiple rooms and viewing recordings from the main box?
    Or is just for a combined 7 day epg?

GY A1 wrote: »
    [QUOTE=The high horse brigade;

Thanks high horse downloaded your image, looks very good.

just having 1 issued,
    i scanned channels and epg,
    now all channels are there except for channel 4 and channel 4 +1 and e4,
    everythying else is sound,

any idea why this is blank
    cheers

How many channels scanned in 950? channel 4 is the first on the list on all my sat boxes when scanning starts.

Do you have them set up in multiple rooms and viewing recordings from the main box?

multiple e2 boxes can view any recordings on any box on your network.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

greasepalm wrote: »

What type of boxes have you in the other rooms to view?

Vu solo2,Vu zero,max digital 1000,tm nano se,xtrends 10000 and 8000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

greasepalm wrote: »

My LG TV can also view the recordings using DNLA. Will be handy for watching for watching Match of the Day early Sunday morning in the kitchen with my small fella

Right, that proves (like I suspected) your router isn't remembering leases and is leasing different IPs after a reboot. It would be best to set a static on the Tiviar. Can you login to your router and look for a a section called DHCP, in there you will see a pool of addresses from which the router allocates, say 1-200 or so. We'll take note of this pool and set a static outside so as not to conflict. Post your findings and I'll advise.

In the router now.
    DHCP server: Enabled
    Start IP address 192.168.1.100
    End IP address 192.168.1.199

In the router now.
    DHCP server: Enabled
    Start IP address 192.168.1.100
    End IP address 192.168.1.199

Give the Tiviar the static IP 192.168.1.99, subnet 255.255.255.0 with the gateway and DNS the ip of the router. Don't bother with the second DNS

AS they say in McDonalds, "I'm lovin' it".

I use it mainly as the sitting room box. After a week the whole family got familiar with the controls. I can watch live TV or a recording on the laptop with headphones while someone else is watching the main TV . My OH can go to bed and catch up on what she wants to watch on an iPad. I've a load of mp3s tunes, on the HDD which can be played through th e sound system.

Give the Tiviar the static IP 192.168.1.99, subnet 255.255.255.0 with the gateway and DNS the ip of the router. Don't bother with the second DNS

Nice one. I'll do that when it's free. A true story american murder is on at the moment I'll have to wait until that's solved.

Edit. Or do I do it through the router?

Nice one. I'll do that when it's free. A true story american murder is on at the moment I'll have to wait until that's solved.

Edit. Or do I do it through the router?

Do it on the Tiviar

Do it on the Tiviar

Sound. I was just going through the DHCP settings on the router and there's a section called "DHCP Address Reservation". I thought that's what you meant.

The TV will be free after 12 , I'll have a go then.

• Advertisement

Not seen 192.168.1.99 as most of the time it would have been 192.168.0 11,might that be to do with vm router.
    I also need to change my wandering ips on a reboot.

Advertisement