Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tiviar Alpha Plus Combo STB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭NewClareman

doogb wrote: »
    Do anyone know how to install "Catch Up TV" on OpenATV that is mentioned in the other post with the OpenVix image ?

Thanks in advance

The E2i Player supports catch up tv, as shown here.

That image is based on OpenATV 6.2, and I just downloaded the Player, using package management in advanced software management settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogb

Got it loaded after upgrading to OpenATV 6.2, thanks Gerry Wicklow and NewClareman for mentioning it in your posts.

doogb wrote: »
    Got it loaded after upgrading to OpenATV 6.2, thanks Gerry Wicklow and NewClareman for mentioning it in your posts.

Glad you got sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

With the Dream Player for Android TV app you can add a bouquet from your Tiviar to live channels in Android TV on your Shield or Mibox. It even has homescreen channels so you can have any of your bouquets with picons laid out on the homescreen

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.cyberdream.dreamepg.tv.player

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭logonmar

Having a sound problem and wondering if anyone else has experienced similar & if they have, did they resolve issue.

Tiviar box had been functioning perfectly but over past 24 hours I'm finding that some of the channels have normal sound volume whereas others have very low sound and I then have to greatly increase sound volume when watching them
    Then if I change to a 'normal sound' channel it is deafening until I reduce sound etc.

Can anyone help or offer advice please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

logonmar wrote: »
    Having a sound problem and wondering if anyone else has experienced similar & if they have, did they resolve issue.

Tiviar box had been functioning perfectly but over past 24 hours I'm finding that some of the channels have normal sound volume whereas others have very low sound and I then have to greatly increase sound volume when watching them
    Then if I change to a 'normal sound' channel it is deafening until I reduce sound etc.

Can anyone help or offer advice please?

Try SETUP>AUDIO>BASIC SETTINGS
    there should be a setting for auto audio levelling

• Registered Users Posts: 37 aka7

Started to play with my new Tiviar (no internal HD) this weekend using image from The high horse brigade. Thanks for sharing it.

My understanding was that I have to initialise any external storage added. In the menu, SETUP>SYSTEM sometimes I could see STORAGE DEVICES, others not. A bit confused on this part.

Got several reboots soon after I added: internet cable, blank USB stick (format32) and a external hard drive.
    I think that particular USB was the reason, it seemed to have stopped after removing it.
    Anybody had similar rebooting experience ?

Can a (good) USB stick be used for time shifting and recording or it has to be a hard drive?

Also tried to test the external 1TB. As far as I can tell the initialisation was completed.
    Time shifting seems to work most of the time. Sometimes I just the X, more likely soon after I mess around with recording.

Tried to test recording, it appeared the recording was ongoing but then could not find anything listed using Play list.

So since I can currently play/pause/fwd/rewind, can I assume the hard drive is used ? Or is it possible that the relatively small amounts of recordings tried so far is done on some internal memory or storage?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭eddie

I think you are refering to the IPTV player.
    Since openATV 6.2 you can add it under PLUGINS> DOWNLOAD PLUGIN (green button) > EXTENSIONS> E2IPLAYER. Keep hitting OK as requested during the install.

I am using the excellent --> The High Horse OpenTV 6.1 and the IPTV will not load, is there a version for 6.1 >?

As I have all the settings setup how I want..I am reluctant to change to OpenTV 6.2 and mess everything up.....

Eddie

eddie wrote: »
    I am using the excellent --> The High Horse OpenTV 6.1 and the IPTV will not load, is there a version for 6.1 >?

As I have all the settings setup how I want..I am reluctant to change to OpenTV 6.2 and mess everything up.....

Eddie

Did you also install the dependency plugins?

• Advertisement

Eddie

If you press the BLUE button there is a menu including the option to backup your settings. You can also do a full backup. I strongly recommend you do both. Backing up your settings only takes a few seconds but can save many hours of swearing. A full backup takes just a few minutes.
    Once done, there is also an update option which will scan your system and advise of any updates available. It is a good idea to run this occasionally too. If you're not happy you can always restore your current setup from here.

(On some images you have to select MENU>SETUP>SOFTWARE MANAGEMENT to get to the same menu.)

By it's nature, the IPTV links change over time and need to be updated.

(On some images you have to select MENU>SETUP>SOFTWARE MANAGEMENT to get to the same menu.)

On OpenATV 6.1 you may need to go into advanced settings under software management and change the feed source to third party plugins for tiviaralphaplus. Be careful you don’t change to a generic feed as many of those extensions are not compatible.

On OpenATV 6.1 you may need to go into advanced settings under software management and change the feed source to third party plugins for tiviaralphaplus. Be careful you don’t change to a generic feed as many of those extensions are not compatible.

I don't have a Tiviar myself but on any other make I've used I never had that issue and just used the default updates offered. Thanks for the heads up anyway.

I don't have a Tiviar myself but on any other make I've used I never had that issue and just used the default updates offered. Thanks for the heads up anyway.

The E2i Player was removed from OpenATV6.1 due to copyright concerns, with the pre-configured feeds. If I remember correctly, it did not appear on the default feed, on v6.1. (I looked at a lot of plugins, so can’t be certain.)

There are four feeds pre-configured on the generic OpenATV6.x images for the Tiviar Alphaplus. The default feed on v6.2 did not include all the plugins I use. Two of the feeds contain assets not tested with Tiviar and some of these are not compatible.

Did you also install the dependency plugins?

No, only the IPTV one..

If you press the BLUE button there is a menu including the option to backup your settings. You can also do a full backup. I strongly recommend you do both. Backing up your settings only takes a few seconds but can save many hours of swearing. A full backup takes just a few minutes.
    Once done, there is also an update option which will scan your system and advise of any updates available. It is a good idea to run this occasionally too. If you're not happy you can always restore your current setup from here.

By it's nature, the IPTV links change over time and need to be updated.

Been there, done that have the tee shirt. :) Yes have full and settings backup before and after I make any change, on Hdd and USB. To be sure to be sure.. !

• Advertisement

No, only the IPTV one..

Next one down in the list is the dependencies

Appreciated, !

strange when I tried to download. it locks up and the error is :

Wget: bad address: 'feeds2.mynonpublic.com'

it is then locked in this error loop.......

Ok so, updated the s/w.. basically just kept saying yes to everything and it all installed perfectly... then all backed up - so all good thank you..

:D

Using OpenWEBIF I can adjust the contents of my favourites BUT I have a number of stations that do not have content when choose them on the TV. Sepecifically CH4 and CH4+1.

SO on Openwebif, I choose the fabourites bouquet and delete the two of the stations and repopulate from the main list but so far every CH4 and CH4+1 is empty... It was working fine before I loaded up the IPTV..

So in Openwebif, is it possible to see if stations are working before re- population my fabourites bouquet ??

On Bouquets, is there anyway automatically to delete "empty" stations.?

On IPTV Player BBC PLayer will not allow me access on "geographical grounds"../ is there anyway arond that.? Dont say VPN, as that slaughters my connection speed.

Finally.... on the Tiviar Combo Pus. is there max ethernet / Wireless ( with usb dongle ) that is possible..? I am currently using Lan over Powerline and the streaming is perfect, but it takes FileZilla ages to upload to the Tiviar.

• Advertisement

Using OpenWEBIF I can adjust the contents of my favourites BUT I have a number of stations that do not have content when choose them on the TV. Sepecifically CH4 and CH4+1.

SO on Openwebif, I choose the fabourites bouquet and delete the two of the stations and repopulate from the main list but so far every CH4 and CH4+1 is empty... It was working fine before I loaded up the IPTV..

So in Openwebif, is it possible to see if stations are working before re- population my fabourites bouquet ??

On Bouquets, is there anyway automatically to delete "empty" stations.?

On IPTV Player BBC PLayer will not allow me access on "geographical grounds"../ is there anyway arond that.? Dont say VPN, as that slaughters my connection speed.

Finally.... on the Tiviar Combo Pus. is there max ethernet / Wireless ( with usb dongle ) that is possible..? I am currently using Lan over Powerline and the streaming is perfect, but it takes FileZilla ages to upload to the Tiviar.

Do a full scan of 28.2 satellite with clear before scan enabled and all these channels that don't work will disappear from the all channels list and be replaced by channels with the new frequencies. You can then add them to favourites one by one like you were doing

Do a full scan of 28.2 satellite with clear before scan enabled and all these channels that don't work will disappear from the all channels list and be replaced by channels with the new frequencies. You can then add them to favourites one by one like you were doing

That was what I was dong before I loaded your Setup and I could not keep Saorview and the loaded channels.... really not keen to go back there... it was nightmare..

I don’t find the software as intuitive as others seem to... it is incredibly user unfriendly.... and I am simply amazed that so much obvious effort could be put into it for it to end up so user unfriendly.
    Frankly, without yours and others fantastic and patient help here I would have had the box in the bin by now. As it is now, with your help, It is great…

That was what I was dong before I loaded your Setup and I could not keep Saorview and the loaded channels.... really not keen to go back there... it was nightmare..

I don’t find the software as intuitive as others seem to... it is incredibly user unfriendly.... and I am simply amazed that so much obvious effort could be put into it for it to end up so user unfriendly.
    Frankly, without yours and others fantastic and patient help here I would have had the box in the bin by now. As it is now, with your help, It is great…

You just need to stop autobouquetmaker doing a nightly update scan, it's overwriting whatever changes you make. The only bouquet it will not touch is favourites. It also does not change the all channels grouping as this needs a scan to change

You just need to stop autobouquetmaker doing a nightly update scan, it's overwriting whatever changes you make. The only bouquet it will not touch is favourites. It also does not change the all channels grouping as this needs a scan to change

So is there a commend / setting to tell it NOT to scan nightly.... ?

So, "de boss" sez "you and your new fangled box, now Ch4 is empty.".. Ahh Sez I "that is because it auto scans every night and makes changes"... Eyes thrown to heavens, door slammed on exit, muttering, "cant see what was wrong with the Ariva box " Me - still no bleedin CH4 !

So is there a commend / setting to tell it NOT to scan nightly.... ?

Of course, this automatic scan of Freesat and Saorview channels is what makes this box so much better than a generic satellite box that needs constant tweaking for frequency changes. Exactly what you're doing actually :p
    You're fighting against the setup of this box and then giving out that it's not intuitive

It's in service searching -> autobouquetmaker -> configure -> set scheduled scan to no

Of course, this automatic scan of Freesat and Saorview channels is what makes this box so much better than a generic satellite box that needs constant tweaking for frequency changes. Exactly what you're doing actually :p
    You're fighting against the setup of this box and then giving out that it's not intuitive

It's in service searching -> autobouquetmaker -> configure -> set scheduled scan to no

Thank you for that... Believe me I just want to set it up and let it run, and NOT touch it.. but when it disappears two of my favourite stations overnight ... I am pretty snookered !

Thank you for that... Believe me I just want to set it up and let it run, and NOT touch it.. but when it disappears two of my favourite stations overnight ... I am pretty snookered !

My image had it setup with a Saorview bouquet and Freesat bouquets that update every night so you would not ever be missing a channel. The same as any Saorview or Freesat box. You are undoing that by changing things. Channel frequencies change all the time, you will never have peace and it's your own doing

My image had it setup with a Saorview bouquet and Freesat bouquets that update every night so you would not ever be missing a channel. The same as any Saorview or Freesat box. You are undoing that by changing things. Channel frequencies change all the time, you will never have peace and it's your own doing

Ah so... What I did was just arrange Favourites in the order that I wanted them in..because I wnated saorview and the UK channels in a particular order all available togatehr.. but as you say the update does not update favourites, which is the only bouquet that I use -- > so, if I am understanding you correctly, they is no point in using Favorites as it potentially could lose stations or have them moved potentially every night,> is that correct... ?

Ah so... What I did was just arrange Favourites in the order that I wanted them in..because I wnated saorview and the UK channels in a particular order all available togatehr.. but as you say the update does not update favourites, which is the only bouquet that I use -- > so, if I am understanding you correctly, they is no point in using Favorites as it potentially could lose stations or have them moved potentially every night,> is that correct... ?

Exactly. If you want to use favourites you need to put in the time every so often fixing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Exactly. If you want to use favourites you need to put in the time every so often fixing it.

There is no method devised (yet) to populate the favourites from a list of channels?
    Something like a small script to overwrite the existing favourites based on channel name maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Are ye saying that your combined epg would have to be reset/updated when a frequency change would occur?

Does the box not do all of that once you get the initial set up sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 vimes

Hi guys,

Got one of these boxes as a result of this thread.

Grabbed THHS image, and started the flash process - but it seems to be hung on F-rootfs. Been on that now for nearly ten minutes.

Is this an expected timeframe, or am I befukt?

Are ye saying that your combined epg would have to be reset/updated when a frequency change would occur?

Does the box not do all of that once you get the initial set up sorted?

There are plugins but these don't update the favourites bouquet.
    Autobouquets which is the plugin that was used for the Sky bouquet layout had an option to edit a file to make a custom list of channels.
    Autobouquetmaker is the new plugin to give the Freesat and Saorview layout, I'm not sure if it can do a custom list I've not investigated

vimes wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Got one of these boxes as a result of this thread.

Grabbed THHS image, and started the flash process - but it seems to be hung on F-rootfs. Been on that now for nearly ten minutes.

Is this an expected timeframe, or am I befukt?

You using the back USB ports? Try a different USB key.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 vimes

Hey THHB,

Thanks so much for your setup - changed the USB key, alls well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

For some reason the display on the box has changed from the Channel name to the time and a minus number doing a countdown on the current show. I had a root around the settings and cant find anything.

There is no method devised (yet) to populate the favourites from a list of channels?
    Something like a small script to overwrite the existing favourites based on channel name maybe?

This thread is just crying out for someone with Python programming skills. 🙂

(Unfortunately, while I have some programming knowledge, I don’t know Python.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

I use a sat_282_freesat_CustomMix file that does not get over written by abm .It works a treat .

I've updated my picons pack. They are not my work, these are MK picons with a few missing from Tosh picons and also have the Saorview Virgin picons. It's a pretty comeplete set if you just use Saorview and Freesat like I do. Its the same google drive url as in the Tiviar image flashing post:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1epgDfivdpeh3JjGjbWdT0JRkAIkKtN9i/view?usp=sharing

• Advertisement

rebeve wrote: »
    I use a sat_282_freesat_CustomMix file that does not get over written by abm .It works a treat .

So what do you do? Add the Saorview channels to the Freesat Entertainment bouquet and set them to not overwrite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Can you provide a copy of that file?

I use a sat_282_freesat_CustomMix file that does not get over written by abm .It works a treat.

I’d like a copy too, if possible. Is there any chance you could point me in the direction of some instructions for creating my own version. I use CrossEPG, to support the non-Freeview Channels, with all custom Bouquets.

So what do you do? Add the Saorview channels to the Freesat Entertainment bouquet and set them to not overwrite?

When I have the box setup I copy the file to the usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/system plugins/autobouquets/custom, reboot andit will never be over written again . I can maybe put a link up for the file or I can email it if anyone wants it .

I’d like a copy too, if possible. Is there any chance you could point me in the direction of some instructions for creating my own version. I use CrossEPG, to support the non-Freeview Channels, with all custom Bouquets.

Will do

Will do

• Advertisement

Maybe I can put up a link to my dropbox acc
    Try this
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h5kh7bhl8j8raca/AAB6fC3ASWRYWVEg_Ny-VGkDa?dl=0

When I have the box setup I copy the file to the usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/system plugins/autobouquets/custom, reboot andit will never be over written again . I can maybe put a link up for the file or I can email it if anyone wants it .

Yes but what does it do? You haven't explained how it works. Having lots of satellite channels that don't update is of no use as the frequency can change. What I said adding Saorview into an updating satellite bouquet is the only way I can see it being of any use

Now If only I could get my Tiviar to read my drive on my Solo 2 .It will work today not tomorrow and so on .Connected on a wlan ,Worked away for week couldn`t get it to connect today .Its doing my head in .

Yes but what does it do? You haven't explained how it works. Having lots of satellite channels that don't update is of no use as the frequency can change. What I said adding Saorview into an updating satellite bouquet is the only way I can see it being of any use

Sorry , It puts the Irish and UK channels together on your epg , I update everyday and the epg will not get over written . Sorry but I`m not really explaining it very well .I will throw up a screenshot later on .

Sorry , It puts the Irish and UK channels together on your epg , I update everyday and the epg will not get over written . Sorry but I`m not really explaining it very well .I will throw up a screenshot later on .

So is it updating the satellite channels? How about channel 4 hd?

• Advertisement
Advertisement