Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tiviar Alpha Plus Combo STB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭peking97

All my bouquets have been changed this morning without my having made any changes. I can restore from a saved image but it auto-updates to the same new bouquets again with the alert "New Setting DXAndy Enigma2 D 19E FTA of 30-12-2018 updated" which obviously I don't want to happen but don't know how to stop it. Any ideas please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Unless you disable the abm scan daily it will keep happening,by stopping abm your moved channels will stop working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

There is a plugin sometimes installed by default by the German s/w authors that updates the German sats. This is why it tried to update 19E. Unfortunately I can't remember the plugin name but it is something along the lines of "satellite updater".

EDIT: It's called Programmlisten-updater. Simply remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭peking97

There is a plugin sometimes installed by default by the German s/w authors that updates the German sats. This is why it tried to update 19E. Unfortunately I can't remember the plugin name but it is something along the lines of "satellite updater".

EDIT: It's called Programmlisten-updater. Simply remove it.

That was the culprit alright. Thanks for the quick response!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭eddie

Hi Guys,, -

You know who you are ( High Horse, Gerry, Clareman et al. ).. super helpful and time and knowledge generous.. Thank you - BOX made for a great holiday with all the family and extended family home for the week... worked perfect and was praised from all directions.. Hope you all had a great holiday and best wishes for 2019.. Very much appreciated.. !

Eddie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭PacMan

Its a great box all right.
    My only issue, is that when I try to listen to any BBC branded radio station, a software issue icon comes on screen and the box reboots.
    Strange one

Is that by using the radio button or a plugin?

Its the radio button.
    For some reason, its only the BBC branded radio stations that causes the box to reboot.
    Have deleted the stations, done a rescan a few times.

still the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

have you got a dual feed or single feed ie 2 cables or one cable and how have you configured tuners.

When I press tv/radio I get favourites, then i press again to get sat channels, another press brings up radio. I have a single feed on tuner A. Then under menu , setup, usage & gui, I have alternative radio mode as yes .

It could be just corrupt software as well. Did you try powering off using switch at back and then back on.

• Advertisement

I will, as soon as I get home this evening.
    Thanks for the help.

I cant see why 1 cable or more matter when choosing tv or radio ,every now and again when reflashing box i would rescan 28.2 to see whats new in listings and it brings up many things.Not sure does abm also do radio?

I also do a manual scan weekly, as I have ABM switched off.
    The stations are listed on the transponder all right, its just that when I select any BBC (radio) branded station, the box encounters a software issue and restarts.

Will do as swoofer suggested in an earlier post when I get home this evening, and let you know.

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

PacMan wrote: »
    I also do a manual scan weekly, as I have ABM switched off.
    The stations are listed on the transponder all right, its just that when I select any BBC (radio) branded station, the box encounters a software issue and restarts.

Will do as swoofer suggested in an earlier post when I get home this evening, and let you know.

Thanks again

Are you selecting them from all channels or from within a bouquet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

PacMan wrote: »
    I also do a manual scan weekly, as I have ABM switched off.....

There's no need / point in doing a weekly scan unless a channel(s) goes missing. Usually if there are any changes it will be flagged on various sites. Digital Spy is one fairly reliable source for any comings and goings. For more detailed info I use KingofSat and sort by date for recent changes.

Just tried my radio channels but using different box an image and bbc works, i wonder if he setup logs to point to his issue could his fault be seen?

• Advertisement

Are you selecting them from all channels or from within a bouquet?

I have created a radio folder, and can access radio stations there. (except the BBC branded radio stations)
    I have also tried "Last Scanned" and its exactly the same, the box goes into a software issue and restarts by itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭cargen

RTE still working but BBC, ITV geoblocked.

465034.png

465035.png

What is your alternative to E2iplyayer?
    The developer unfortunately is not supporting the plugin anymore.

swoofer wrote: »
    have you got a dual feed or single feed ie 2 cables or one cable and how have you configured tuners.

When I press tv/radio I get favourites, then i press again to get sat channels, another press brings up radio. I have a single feed on tuner A. Then under menu , setup, usage & gui, I have alternative radio mode as yes .

It could be just corrupt software as well. Did you try powering off using switch at back and then back on.

Have two satellite feeds into the box and one aerial feed for saorview.

I tried as you suggested : Menu/setup/usage &gui and cannot locate alternative radio to set to yes .

What am I doing incorrectly ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

oops, when you click on usage&gui it takes you to OSD settings, press OK, then a window opens, look down the list, use arrow down and you will see it. it says alternative radio mode and I would not be surprised if it says yes so dont change it. I changed it to no and could get no radio channels.

swoofer wrote: »
    have you got a dual feed or single feed ie 2 cables or one cable and how have you configured tuners. .

I just did a scan on tuner B and the BBC radio stations are all working.
    Thanks so much for all your help

• Advertisement

lads i got the box today, flashed the image, re scanned the satellite and configured cross epg so its run a scan but there is still channels missing from favourites. how do i get auto bouquet maker to force a scan ?

when i try it says do you want to perform nit scan yes and then when i do error autobouquets reader not found..

lads i got the box today, flashed the image, re scanned the satellite and configured cross epg so its run a scan but there is still channels missing from favourites. how do i get auto bouquet maker to force a scan ?

when i try it says do you want to perform nit scan yes and then when i do error autobouquets reader not found..

It's been mentioned quite a few times in the thread. The favourites bouquet doesn't update, it needs to be updated manually. Find the channel you want to update in all channels, press menu and then add to bouquet and select favourites. When you've added all the missing channel to the bouquet with the bouquet open press menu and enable move mode and sort the order and delete the ones that don't work. You'll figure it if you play a bit with it

It's been mentioned quite a few times in the thread. The favourites bouquet doesn't update, it needs to be updated manually. Find the channel you want to update in all channels, press menu and then add to bouquet and select favourites. When you've added all the missing channel to the bouquet with the bouquet open press menu and enable move mode and sort the order and delete the ones that don't work. You'll figure it if you play a bit with it

sorry high horse not favourites (you press the fav button to open it) the categories you have created such Freesat uk-entertainment (theres channels that were there but they are gone now and blank, trying to get it to update and i thought a sat scan would do it but it hasnt

sorry high horse not favourites (you press the fav button to open it) the categories you have created such Freesat uk-entertainment (theres channels that were there but they are gone now and blank, trying to get it to update and i thought a sat scan would do it but it hasnt

Go into service searching into autobouquetmaker, set it to your Saorview region as in my flashing guide and run a scan

Go into service searching into autobouquetmaker, set it to your Saorview region as in my flashing guide and run a scan

thanks, when i do that though its only doing saorview, my issue is with the sat channels

sorry it worked, you are a gent. thanks so much for the image

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

lads, can I stream my own dlna library to this box?? I'm using serviio on my tv at the moment but the sync is doing my head in

thanks, when i do that though its only doing saorview, my issue is with the sat channels

sorry it worked, you are a gent. thanks so much for the image

It uses the second satellite tuner, are you sure it has a signal. You can check in service searching signal finder

It uses the second satellite tuner, are you sure it has a signal. You can check in service searching signal finder

basically what i had been doing was trying to set up sat first,so straight off i disabled the second sat tuner because i amnt using it.

i hadnt the DVB T even connected. Once i connected it i set it to dublin and scanned, so it scanned for saorview and then auto scanned the sat channels and its all fine now.

do you know is there a way to remove the weather option, it wont be connected to the web so would like to remove it if possible?

If weather is a plugin you should be able to delete the plugin,if like vix highlight weather plugin red button to delete? that will bring you to the installed plugins go to weather plugin to remove it and exit out should be gone now.

i would assume it needs a lan connection to do this but unsure?

The weather is built into the mymetrix skin in my image. You can disable it in the mymetrix lite plugin

Or you could just install another skin in plugin downloads and enable it. There are lots to choose from. I recommend Kerni hd

• Advertisement

lads how do i add a channel to a bouquet?

eg in entertainment channel 4 sd is there but i want to add the HD channel to replace it ?

lads how do i add a channel to a bouquet?

eg in entertainment channel 4 sd is there but i want to add the HD channel to replace it ?

Find the channel in all channels, press menu, select add to bouquet then select the bouquet you want to add it to. If autobouquetmaker is on a daily scan like it is in my image it will get overwritten. If you put it in the favourites bouquet the favourites bouquet doesn't get overwritten but will not update if it changes

Find the channel in all channels, press menu, select add to bouquet then select the bouquet you want to add it to. If autobouquetmaker is on a daily scan like it is in my image it will get overwritten. If you put it in the favourites bouquet the favourites bouquet doesn't get overwritten but will not update if it changes

Is there a way I can edit the autobouquet file so that it won't get overwritten in a daily scan and replace ch4 with ch4 hd permanently? Presume I need to export it and edit it as a text file..

Is there a way I can edit the autobouquet file so that it won't get overwritten in a daily scan and replace ch4 with ch4 hd permanently? Presume I need to export it and edit it as a text file..

Yes, you can create a custommix, the manual explaining how to do this is here:
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/blob/master/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/README.txt

Be sure come back and let us know how to do it when you figure it :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Yes, you can create a custommix, the manual explaining how to do this is here:
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/blob/master/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/README.txt

Be sure come back and let us know how to do it when you figure it :-P

This seems fairly explicit .....
    Favourites allows the creation of a complete favourites list that will preceed all other ABM bouquets.
    Please note, favourites lists are static. ABM will keep your favourites list up to date if there are
    changes to service references and transponder parameters but obviously it is not going to be updated
    if new channels start broadcasting, so any new channels you want in the list must be added manually.

The impression I had from reading comments here was that the Favourites list would get overwritten at each ABM run, not just updated.

EDIT: Misspoke, sorry ....... got mixed up with something else :(

It was the lack of updating of the Favs bouquet that had left an impression ..... but it seems the existing list is updated if the channels move frequency which is the major negative of non-Freesat boxes I believe. No changes are made to the list of channels .... so no new channels and no deletions which is quite understandable in such a list.

This seems fairly explicit .....

The impression I had from reading comments here was that the Favourites list would get overwritten at each ABM run, not just updated.

No I've always said favourites doesn't get updated or overwritten

• Registered Users Posts: 15 macthaidhg

greasepalm wrote: »
    Was his old box a sky q which uses a different lnb or the standard sky + hd with twin feeds which is pointed at 28.2,recheck your settings on the e2 box.

Thanks greasepalm. He just confirmed with me that he had Sky Q box previously. Is there something in the settings that should be changed before we run another scan?

Sky q uses a different lnb ,did he get a hybrid lnb fitted meaning he could use other freesat-e2 boxes in another room to use if they were told he had other satboxes.

Sky q uses a different lnb ,did he get a hybrid lnb fitted meaning he could use other freesat-e2 boxes in another room to use if they were told he had other satboxes.

I think I understand the problem a bit more now! Unfortunately looks like it's just a new dish for Sky Q only. Is it possible to cheaply replace the LNB to suit an E2 box?

• Advertisement

It depends if you want the sky q service + freesat you will need the hybrid lnb.

If your scrapping the Sky q you only need a standard lnb to suit your dish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Payton

I've been away from this forum for a while. I've been busy and I've recorded a few programs over the Xmas and whilst playing them back a 2 or 3 of the just pause in the middle of the programs for about 30 seconds then they continue and through an hour long show it could pause 4 times. Anybody any ideas what it could be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭NewClareman

rebeve wrote: »
    I use a sat_282_freesat_CustomMix file that does not get over written by abm .It works a treat .

Hi rebeve,

Thanks for all the information, it’s very clear and I’ve now got custom mix working grand.
    (I tried to keep changes to a minimum as I’m concerned the changes could break - if Sky or Freesat change their LCN’s.)

Thanks again...

Payton wrote: »
    I've been away from this forum for a while. I've been busy and I've recorded a few programs over the Xmas and whilst playing them back a 2 or 3 of the just pause in the middle of the programs for about 30 seconds then they continue and through an hour long show it could pause 4 times. Anybody any ideas what it could be?

I have no experience of this issue, but I would suspect that if your using an internal HDD that it is on the way out. Just to be sure I would copy any programmers you want to keep to another device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭kindalen

Can anyone tell me how to add iptv to my channel list. I have to access it through the main menu.

Thanks.

It depends if you want the sky q service + freesat you will need the hybrid lnb.

If your scrapping the Sky q you only need a standard lnb to suit your dish.

Thanks. I'll scrap the Sky Q and will just install a standard LNB. Buying off Amazon, hoping the 'Visibalewave 4k HD 4 Output LNB Quad Switch' product will do it (sorry boards won't let me post links)

• Advertisement

kindalen wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how to add iptv to my channel list. I have to access it through the main menu.

Thanks.

You can add IPTV channels to any Bouquet, using CustomMix Files. All the necessary information is in the file referenced in this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 colinod000

macthaidhg wrote: »
    Thanks. I'll scrap the Sky Q and will just install a standard LNB. Buying off Amazon, hoping the 'Visibalewave 4k HD 4 Output LNB Quad Switch' product will do it (sorry boards won't let me post links)

I'm planning on doing this also. Can anyone tell me are the cables that are already running from dish to stb reusable for this set up.?

Yes same cabling is used only difference is the skyQ lnb and the skyQ box for their use.

Unsure of proper fitment of lnb onto a skyQ sat dish no harm to check first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭whoami1

I've just been on to the world-of-satellite website and the box is no longer listed. Are there any good alternatives? I'm already have one, but my Dad will need a replacement for his eir box very shortly...

What are your needs cable only,sat only, or both cable and sat?

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver at 109 sterling + p & p

Edision OS nino Pro Grey 1x DVB-S2X + 1x DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma 2 Combo Tuner Digital Multi-Stream Receiver H.265 HEVC HD 1080p PVR at 79 sterling + p & p

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver at 109 +

GiGaBlue HD X2 Linux Enigma 2 HD H.265 PVR Receiver - Four Optional Tuner Types Available at 59 + what tuners are needed as no tuners in the price.
    All depends of what you need and if internal or external hdd is needed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement