Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiviar Alpha Plus Combo STB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭NewClareman

rizzo 1976 wrote: »
    have everything backed up. Do you recommend to do a clean Install via a USB or flash online?

It really doesn't matter, whatever is easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 rizzo 1976

In main EPG try channel +/- to move by page.
    The zero button switches to previous watched channel. <> buttons under 7 or 9 shows more channel history
    MENU>SETUP>USAGE & GUI>DISPLAY>DISPLAY OPTIONS allows you set the brightness of the front display.

Tried dimming via the settings you state but it doesn't do anything. I'm on OpenATV 6.4

Tried dimming via the settings you state but it doesn't do anything. I'm on OpenATV 6.4

With Enigma2, any version, you can only change the brightness of the text display, not the big, bright, buttons. If you revert back, temporarily, to Fortis OS, you can dim these.

With Enigma2, any version, you can only change the brightness of the text display, not the big, bright, buttons. If you revert back, temporarily, to Fortis OS, you can dim these.

Oh really? That's a pain. I can't even change the clock on the front to 12hr either. Nightmare

Oh really? That's a pain. I can't even change the clock on the front to 12hr either. Nightmare

The quick fix is to cover the buttons with translucent tape.

• Advertisement

Has anyone successfully loaded an IPTV provider to their box and EPG? I read loads on it, watched countless videos but I can't get it to work. Tried JediMakerXtream and IPTV Bouquet Maker and nada.

I just discovered that there is an app for the box called Air Tivi+

Is anyone using it or got it set up?

https://www.scribd.com/document/171137371/tivi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I just discovered that there is an app for the box called Air Tivi+

Is anyone using it or got it set up?

https://www.scribd.com/document/171137371/tivi

What does this offer that isn't already there in the WEBIF which works with any web browser?

What does this offer that isn't already there in the WEBIF which works with any web browser?

Not sure but hopefully planning to find out

Does anyone know why I have some channels that's don't update their EPG? I have ADM set up to import each morning but these don't. Only when I go into them they manually populate, but then the information disappears again. Very strange.

The channels in question are:

Channel 4HD
    Clubland TV
    Now 80's
    Now 90's
    Box Hits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

Does anyone know why I have some channels that's don't update their EPG? I have ADM set up to import each morning but these don't. Only when I go into them they manually populate, but then the information disappears again. Very strange.

The channels in question are:

Channel 4HD
    Clubland TV
    Now 80's
    Now 90's
    Box Hits

You have ABM updating from the "freesat" channel list and these channels are not on the freesat epg.

In ABM > setup>providers make sure Sky UK (FTA only) is also selected

In ABM> Setup>providers order you should have three items , freesat UK , saorview , and sky UK

Then your EPG loader of choice , EPG refresh or crossepg , must be set accordingly

andy1249 wrote: »
    You have ABM updating from the "freesat" channel list and these channels are not on the freesat epg.

In ABM > setup>providers make sure Sky UK (FTA only) is also selected

In ABM> Setup>providers order you should have three items , freesat UK , saorview , and sky UK

Then your EPG loader of choice , EPG refresh or crossepg , must be set accordingly

Sorted thanks

I'm using the enigma2 pvr client in kodi. To configure the add on through my add ons (kodi has a seperate setup within system for pvr). For host name in the connection page just enter the IP address you gave the box. I have a static ip setup, so this never changes. For web interface port try 80. Streaming port is 8001, but i don't think I entered that. That should be it.

A couple of additional settings on other pages , but not necessary... Fetch picons from web interface.... I request it to only fetch a single bouquet.... if you have iptv it can really slow down the epg load, so i don't use kodi for iptv..... For genre mappings I find the sky UK. Xml the most consistent, but not perfect. This is handy if you setup a search for programs between 90-210 minutes and select movies as a genre over the next 3 days, it will return a nice list of movies to browse. Pity you can't save the search, but as the add on is well maintained I might put a request on his forum for this and see how i get on. On the recordings page I have selected to use the DVB current recording path to keep everything in one place. I've enabled time shift on playback only.

Lastly, for channel groupings/management etc, this is done through the aforementioned pvr setup in system.

lots more info here:
    https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.vuplus

Love to get Kodi up and running on my Tiviar Alpha Plus. Do you know if Kodi is compatible with OpenATV 6.4?

Are all the plugins I need available to Install via the box or do I have to use Filezilla to port them to install?

Thanks

Love to get Kodi up and running on my Tiviar Alpha Plus. Do you know if Kodi is compatible with OpenATV 6.4?

I tried Kodi on the Tiviar and had to remove it - it hogged resources and ran slow.

Are all the plugins I need available to Install via the box or do I have to use Filezilla to port them to install?

That depends on what plugins you need. :)

Before searching elsewhere, be sure you check the two Tiviar feeds. There is an option to check all feeds, but you run the risk of downloading an incompatible plugin. (Been there, done that.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I agree use something thats supported , bit like filling petrol tank with diesel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I've a bit of a problem. I think it could be network rather than the box. For the last while I've been able to access the SSD or USB HDD via Windows Explorer. I just tried to transfer some stuff and I'm getting an error message.

"Windows cannot access \\TIVIARAPLUS
    Check the spelling of the name. etc."

When I click "Diagnose"

"The remote device or resource won't accept the connection Detected Hazard sign"

Webif and Filezilla are logging in fine.

It was working fine 2 weeks ago on two laptops and now neither can get in using explorer.

Does anyone suffer from the internal HDD randomly spinning in the unit?

sligojoek wrote: »
    I've a bit of a problem. I think it could be network rather than the box. For the last while I've been able to access the SSD or USB HDD via Windows Explorer. I just tried to transfer some stuff and I'm getting an error message.

"Windows cannot access \\TIVIARAPLUS
    Check the spelling of the name. etc."

When I click "Diagnose"

"The remote device or resource won't accept the connection Detected Hazard sign"

Webif and Filezilla are logging in fine.

It was working fine 2 weeks ago on two laptops and now neither can get in using explorer.

Go into network and restart Samba. It stops occasionally.

I'll try that when the box is free. I think you gave me similar advice before.

Thanks again

Does anyone suffer from the internal HDD randomly spinning in the unit?

Yes the odd time i hear it doing something.

• Advertisement

Did that. Straight in.

Thanks very much.

greasepalm wrote: »
    Yes the odd time i hear it doing something.

It's like a fan going on and off. Any reason for this occurring?

Might be doing something on the box as i might switch from saorview to a foreign sat and for a second or 2 get the spinner and hear it boot up and change then to a channel, so many things are happening in the background that we dont know about.

Has anyone been able to set up OpenWebIf externally? Looking for some information on how you do it please? Thanks

Do you mean outside your house which means opening up your router to possible hackers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭dam099

Has anyone been able to set up OpenWebIf externally? Looking for some information on how you do it please? Thanks

I did once a few years back. Shut it down pretty rapid when I saw a weird IP address in the list of streaming clients.

There are dedicated servers which spend the whole time scanning the web for open satellite receivers both to pirate your streams and as a backdoor into your entire home network.
    BE VERY CAREFUL BEFORE GOING DOWN THIS ROUTE.

dam099 wrote: »
    I did once a few years back. Shut it down pretty rapid when I saw a weird IP address in the list of streaming clients.

SKY can do it flawlessly with their app. I looked into it. Aoit of settings and DNS stuff to do. Didn't manage to get it working though. Pretty cool to record and watch content from the box on the move tbough

SKY can do it flawlessly with their app. I looked into it. Aoit of settings and DNS stuff to do. Didn't manage to get it working though. Pretty cool to record and watch content from the box on the move tbough

I tried this years ago but didn;t have a good enough upload speed at the time. I then switched to Eir as my ISP and they block just about everything in the router and wont let you change the settings.
    Sky are happy to have an open port as they are already watching every move you make anyway. However, again these days Sky routers are locked down too so us mere mortals cant do anything useful or creative. Of course you can always pay them more for the privilege of accessing your own stuff.
    /rant

• Advertisement

I tried this years ago but didn;t have a good enough upload speed at the time. I then switched to Eir as my ISP and they block just about everything in the router and wont let you change the settings.
    Sky are happy to have an open port as they are already watching every move you make anyway. However, again these days Sky routers are locked down too so us mere mortals cant do anything useful or creative. Of course you can always pay them more for the privilege of accessing your own stuff.
    /rant

I don't have a SKY router. I'm using a Fritzbox and it's very much doable.

Advertisement