Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loading... Please Wai... Pay More

Options
  • 08-01-2018 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone happen to know what sort of loading is applied to a policy where the named driver (rather than the principal) is diagnosed with ADHD?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭JamBur

Does anyone happen to know what sort of loading is applied to a policy where the named driver (rather than the principal) is diagnosed with ADHD?

Thanks in advance.

Is ADHD compulsory to disclose?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

JamBur wrote: »
    Is ADHD compulsory to disclose?

I was under the impression you had a duty of Uberrima fides with insurance but I'd ahem a friend, would be very, very happy to be corrected!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I was under the impression you had a duty of Uberrima fides with insurance but I'd ahem a friend, would be very, very happy to be corrected!

Declare it, nobody would care.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Possibly the people in Long Term Illness would know.
    I didn't find anything using a quick google

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

It would need to be a notifiable condition, as say, in Life Insurance afaik - didn't think ADHD was one. There again, open to correction.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

If it was disclosed to the licencing authorities and they were happy to accept it, then your insurers should not apply any additional loading. It is something which should be disclosed to insurer for consideration

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

If it can or might affect the drivers ability in any way it'd be a material fact I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Thanks in advance.

Loadings are not applied for any medical conditions.

Thanks all - got up the courage to phone NDLS who said we don't need to know and to contact insurance who simply said we'll make a note of it carry on (unless the doctor tells you to stop). Happy out!

Thanks again for all the help folks. If this could be left open in case anyone else finds it useful or thinks I need to do something different I'd be obliged!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭Goose81

Thanks all - got up the courage to phone NDLS who said we don't need to know and to contact insurance who simply said we'll make a note of it carry on (unless the doctor tells you to stop). Happy out!

Thanks again for all the help folks. If this could be left open in case anyone else finds it useful or thinks I need to do something different I'd be obliged!

You absolutely don't need to declare it, it's probably the most incorrectly diagnosed condition on the planet so 95% of people who have been told they have it don't have it at all and wouldn't affect a persons ability to drive in the slightest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Made up condition to drug kids that like to play

OT but will my wife's UK license be driving up the cost of our insurance? Just saw a discount for being PP free but only for licenses that can get points. Not sure if a UK license can (in Ireland)?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

OT but will my wife's UK license be driving up the cost of our insurance? Just saw a discount for being PP free but only for licenses that can get points. Not sure if a UK license can (in Ireland)?

Years ago I was looking to get cover and my EU license was driving the price up by around €100. Same afternoon went to NDLS and had it exchanged... On the spot you get a new drivers number you can use while getting the quotes.

Advertisement