Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firearm pass

Options
  • 08-01-2018 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Heading into Northern Ireland doing some rifle shooting what do I need in the form of a pass was on the psni sight and inow I am confused I have a European firearm pass
    Any help would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Perazzi wrote: »
    Heading into Northern Ireland doing some rifle shooting what do I need in the form of a pass was on the psni sight and inow I am confused I have a European firearm pass
    Any help would be great

Visitors permit is what you require. The EU firearms passport alone is not sufficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

• Organise Sponsor. Some of the representative bodies are acceptable in this role.
    • Complete Form 30-38
    • Prepare documentation specified at end of page 2 of Form 30-38
    • Organise payment
    • Send Form, documentation and payment to sponsor
    • Sponsor completes & signs form and sends it with payment and documentation to PSNI
    • Unless there are any problems or queries Visitor's Permit should be sent to you within 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭hiddenmongoose

Does the EU firearms pass cover you to ''pass through'' the North, if your not actually shooting in the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Does the EU firearms pass cover you to ''pass through'' the North, if your not actually shooting in the North.

I can't swear on it but I think it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

it doesn't cover you, to be in possession of a firearm in NI you need an NI firearms pass and to get that you need a EU pass and sponsor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

Getting an EU pass is fairly straightforward,
    Just drop a letter into the superintendents Garda station stating that you want one for travel and include a copy of your licences back and front and a passport photo with your name on it and make sure its directed to the firearms officer, Take their name for reference.

Then leave it a couple of days and ring the station and they should have it for collection. Thats how it works in my district. Very organised but results may vary depending on location.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Perazzi

Thanks a mill lads I am sorted
    Have a eu pass just need it updated
    And sponsor sorted as well
    All that let to do now is fill in the paper work

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

enjoy your shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Perazzi

Wadi14 wrote: »
    enjoy your shooting

Thanks a mill

Advertisement