Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any chance of an off-topic thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Does anyone with an IT background want to hazard a guess at what they could have monumentally F-ed up? I'm choosing to believe this is genuine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

benjamin d wrote: »
    Does anyone with an IT background want to hazard a guess at what they could have monumentally F-ed up? I'm choosing to believe this is genuine!

could have been the same as binance,too many subscribers, servers cant cope with them and all the transactions and its went into meltdown and they have to reboot and get everything back online to keep up with the capacity

Or they could have been hacked and all the crypto is gone.

Anyones guess at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

34 hours now. Surely if it was a botched upgrade they would have rolled back by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

lostboy75 wrote: »
    Adding a custom coin is relatively straight forward on mew, in fact some of the ICOs give you the info on how to add them under their faq section

What would happen if you sent a ec-20 coin to MEW that you didnt add prior?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

dashoonage wrote: »
    34 hours now. Surely if it was a botched upgrade they would have rolled back by now.

you think that but maybe not.....and dont call me shirley

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

dashoonage wrote: »

Nah, normally if you're running a server and planning an upgrade you have the new and old systems running side by side and simply switch addresses from current live system to upgrade once you've ironed out all the glitches. If you don't have the capacity for this kind of side by side upgrade, you run the new system scaled down to get the glitches out, take the live system off-line and swap in the new system. This can be problematic for many reasons, typically because the new system doesn't scale as expected and hasn't been performance tested at full capacity. Its a bit slap-dash but very common and not something I'd lose any sleep over. Given the skittish nature of the crypto scene however, I'd say it will cost Kraken a lot of customers. They may not give a damn, as new customers for crypto exchanges aren't exactly hard to come by.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Drumorig

What would happen if you sent a ec-20 coin to MEW that you didnt add prior?
    Erc20, the funds will still be there, you just won't see them till you add the token in mew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

How many different currencies are people here typically holding at a given time? Be interested to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Now that the ETH rally has stalled what could be the reason for the sustained drops across most cryptos? Just a correction or something more? Have a lot of people decided that we've seen the crypto peak and have gotten out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

How many different currencies are people here typically holding at a given time? Be interested to hear.

Too many. Currently holding 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭- bo -

Down to just the 3 - roughly 75% XLM, 15% XRP, 10% ZRX.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Raiblocks, Neo, BNB, vechain, DeepBrain Chain, Oyster Pearl, Ethereum, ICX

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Five (ETH, ZEC, IOTA, XRP, LTC) currently and one ICO due to go live next month (CRYP).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Eight (also too many!)

ETH, BTC, GAME, XRP, BAT and some minor interest still in TRX and XLM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

XRB 35%, ETH 28%, NAS 8%, WTC 10%, DBC 7.5%, VEN 11.5%

• Registered Users Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Down from about 15 to 8 but consolidating slowly to the big 3 plus a 2 further Alts and keeping under review.
    BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, ADA, VEN, NEO AND TRX

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ouch. I currently have 18 - but I had 22 at one stage. Probably way too many but i have serious fomo on so many coins. Now saying that 75% is made up of 6 coins and the rest are small amounts, but if even a small investment goes 100x it can be a significant amount of money.

I do plan on consolidating but its so hard to choose - every time I sell something it skysockets haha.

Damn...I see Nicolas Merten (DataDash YouTube channel) is doing a talk tonight @The Strand Hotel Limerick.

I didn't hear anything about this nor did he mention it on his channel!?!...weird.

I just came across it this evening when I opened his latest video and see them setting up a live stream at the Hotel.

I really like his videos and analysis on crypto
    He doesn't do the B.S and I would have definitely drove down for the evening if I had of known

• Registered Users Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Damn...I see Nicolas Merten (DataDash YouTube channel) is doing a talk tonight @The Strand Hotel Limerick.

I didn't hear anything about this nor did he mention it on his channel!?!...weird.

I just came across it this evening when I opened his latest video and see them setting up a live stream at the Hotel.

I really like his videos and analysis on crypto
    He doesn't do the B.S and I would have definitely drove down for the evening if I had of known

Interesting, 1st I heard of it and the strand would be very local to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭covfefe

BTC, ZEC & SNM for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

He's in Dublin on Wednesday I believe

Zascar wrote: »
    He's in Dublin on Wednesday I believe

Any idea location and time?

Can't believe that Datadash's 'World Tour' for a week was a trip to Limerick and apparently Dublin :pac:

I can't find any information about these appearances on Google.

I'm just listening to his conference from Limerick now, If I hear him mention anything about Dublin I'll post it in here.

Here's Limerick...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Doing some quick rough and ready maths...

40% BTC, 32% ZEC, 9% MGO, 3% ETH, 3% BCH, 2% NEO, and minor holdings (About $500-900) in VEN, SC, ADA, REP, XRP, SALT, ICX, FUEL, XLM.

I lost $4,500 (well, would if I sold) in the last 24 hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I need to see green.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

An awful lot of red today, what's going on....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

mik_da_man wrote: »

great buyer's opportunities today. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Doing some quick rough and ready maths...

40% BTC, 32% ZEC, 9% MGO, 3% ETH, 3% BCH, 2% NEO, and minor holdings (About $500-900) in VEN, SC, ADA, REP, XRP, SALT, ICX, FUEL, XLM.

I lost $4,500 (well, would if I sold) in the last 24 hours...

Down 1.5k here. About 2.5k over the last week. XRB, the coin I believe most in hurting the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Can't believe that Datadash's 'World Tour' for a week was a trip to Limerick and apparently Dublin :pac:

I can't find any information about these appearances on Google.

I'm just listening to his conference from Limerick now, If I hear him mention anything about Dublin I'll post it in here.

Here's Limerick...

Watched a some of this at the beginning, he's never left the US before so it's a world tour from his POV.

I reckon though with the 'Mertengate' Substratum fiasco breaking, he's glad to be able to skip town for a while until the heat dies down. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

mik_da_man wrote: »

China (said in my best Trump impression) messing about with our emotions as usual.

Advertisement