Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No broadband, no customer service but still sending out bills and threatening with de

Options
  • 08-01-2018 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭

I signed up for Eir broadband  in October.

They were supposed to do the installation on 16 October. No engineer turned up.
    They were supposed to do the installation again on 21 October. No engineer turned up.
    They were supposed to do the installation yet again on 3 November. No engineer turned up.

Every time I took time off work and nobody ever showed up.

After their third failure to even turn up I sent an email to cancel my contract. Twice. On both occasions this was ignored.

I cancelled my direct debit because I don't see why I am supposed to pay for a service that was never provided.

Nevertheless, Eir kept sending me bills.

Now they are threatening the debt collectors.

The email I received says I should ring customer services. I ring Eir, get through to their automated service, they ask for either my Eir phone number or my account number. I enter the account number because I'm not using their phone service, the system goes away for a couple of seconds and comes back with "sorry, we do not recognise this phone number". No option to talk to someone directly, it keeps asking for the number but doesn't realise it's an account number, not a phone number. I cannot manage to actually talk to someone and the system won't let me!

The online chat is not available either.

I posted a message on https://community.eir.ie/broadband-25, but so far this has been ignored as well.

This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced by a big margin, in addition to the fact that they never even provided the service they are billing me for!

What am I supposed to do now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I signed up for Eir broadband  in October.

They were supposed to do the installation on 16 October. No engineer turned up.
    They were supposed to do the installation again on 21 October. No engineer turned up.
    They were supposed to do the installation yet again on 3 November. No engineer turned up.

Every time I took time off work and nobody ever showed up.

After their third failure to even turn up I sent an email to cancel my contract. Twice. On both occasions this was ignored.

I cancelled my direct debit because I don't see why I am supposed to pay for a service that was never provided.

Nevertheless, Eir kept sending me bills.

Now they are threatening the debt collectors.

The email I received says I should ring customer services. I ring Eir, get through to their automated service, they ask for either my Eir phone number or my account number. I enter the account number because I'm not using their phone service, the system goes away for a couple of seconds and comes back with "sorry, we do not recognise this phone number". No option to talk to someone directly, it keeps asking for the number but doesn't realise it's an account number, not a phone number. I cannot manage to actually talk to someone and the system won't let me!

The online chat is not available either.

I posted a message on https://community.eir.ie/broadband-25, but so far this has been ignored as well.

This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced by a big margin, in addition to the fact that they never even provided the service they are billing me for!

What am I supposed to do now?
    Hi TFBubendorfer, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement