Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning Equipment - problems

Options
  • 08-01-2018 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Hi Eir,

I have been unable to get a response from you in any reasonable time by any of your other communications channels (phone unanswered, webchatting into the void, your email down for maintenance etc), so hoping you can help here?

We ended our contract, and returned our TV box and multiroom box (as listed in your equipment return letter) we forgot however about the internet router. 

We now have a payment demand from you for €40.00 through numerous no-reply emails.
    I can only presume that this charge relates to the router (though not listed in your equipment return letter), but as we are no longer customers we can't actually access the bill online.

I have now returned the router to the same freepost address, which you should have now received.

Can you please confirm that this €40 bill will now be null and void?
    I am happy to provide account details via PM in order for you to confirm this.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

conical wrote: »
    Hi Eir,

I have been unable to get a response from you in any reasonable time by any of your other communications channels (phone unanswered, webchatting into the void, your email down for maintenance etc), so hoping you can help here?

We ended our contract, and returned our TV box and multiroom box (as listed in your equipment return letter) we forgot however about the internet router. 

We now have a payment demand from you for €40.00 through numerous no-reply emails.
    I can only presume that this charge relates to the router (though not listed in your equipment return letter), but as we are no longer customers we can't actually access the bill online.

I have now returned the router to the same freepost address, which you should have now received.

Can you please confirm that this €40 bill will now be null and void?
    I am happy to provide account details via PM in order for you to confirm this.

Thanks
    Hi conical, 

I'm really sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with us, I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭conical

Just to update for any future readers: -
    • PM sent and reply received. 
    • Issue resolved - I had returned additional equipment and now have confirmation that the charge is voided.
    [*]

Some observations of this process for Eir: - 
    • Call centre wait times are far, far too long, why not offer a (reliable) call back service?
    • Webchat goes unanswered, which is worse than not having any webchat at all
    • Boards.ie seems to work well, why not try to divert more enquiries here (instead of customers wasting time and getting frustrated at other neglected channels) 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

conical wrote: »
    Just to update for any future readers: -
    • PM sent and reply received. 
    • Issue resolved - I had returned additional equipment and now have confirmation that the charge is voided.

[*]

Some observations of this process for Eir: - 
    • Call centre wait times are far, far too long, why not offer a (reliable) call back service?
    • Webchat goes unanswered, which is worse than not having any webchat at all
    • Boards.ie seems to work well, why not try to divert more enquiries here (instead of customers wasting time and getting frustrated at other neglected channels) 

[*]
    I'm glad I could help. Thanks for the feedback.

I understand your frustrations.

I'll be sure to pass all this feedback on for you.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement