Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NUI Irish exemption.

• 08-01-2018 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

So I have applied to the NUI Irish exemption and I was told that under it I can do foundation Irish and not worry about my grade there. Now my career guidance teacher is telling me that I need to do ordinary level because that is the requirement for me to be accepted into NUIG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Why apply for exemption and then do foundation level irish?
    Do you have the exemption? If not you will have to do irish to get accepted i would think

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ksl1317

Why apply for exemption and then do foundation level irish?
    Do you have the exemption? If not you will have to do irish to get accepted i would think
    My career guindance councillor said that she doesn’t send the application until after the CAO application deadline. I just don’t want to bother with Irish because I have my heart set on studying in Latvia and I don’t need Irish there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36 lildaisy

ksl1317 wrote: »
    My career guindance councillor said that she doesn’t send the application until after the CAO application deadline. I just don’t want to bother with Irish because I have my heart set on studying in Latvia and I don’t need Irish there.

Application for the exemption?? If you are talking about that, I have this exemption and if you were born outside of ireland you just send off the application on your own you do not need anyone else to do it for you.

Please do it asap as i was told months ago that around this time it takes longer for it to be processed because of the amount of people. If you have any questions please feel free to message me.

(also i dont study irish whatsoever, and havent for 6 years, once you get the exemption you can drop irish. I assume she is making you do it in case you dont get the exemption.)

Good luck!! :]

Advertisement