Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best chipper in the city or county

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

I heard that they received a "cease and desist" over a copyright violation from a US based company.

http://www.burgatorybar.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭charleville

topcat77 wrote: »
    I heard that they received a "cease and desist" over a copyright violation from a US based company.

http://www.burgatorybar.com/

They could have just ignored it... and probably nothing would have happened, must have been playing it safe! Same owners as martines around the corner..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

Handsome Burger

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Back on topic please - chippers you like and want to recommend.
    Speculation and anti-recommendations, save that for the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

Supermacs portions are disgraceful. Are they still charging for ketchup in there?

MacDonaghs do lovely fresh chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Pretty sure Supermacs do not charge for ketchup. Ireland may be bad but it's not France. In fact, I think they have a dispenser so you can take as many little tubs as you like.

That said, I won't make the mistake of going there again for late night chips right before closing time. Buddy and I made that mistake once and it was the worst garlic cheese chips we'd ever had (and our standards at that time of night are remarkably low).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Handsome Burger

Have yet to try the actual burgers but the loaded fries are amazing there.

Just wish they had more seating, can be difficult to eat in there most of the time in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

Paddico wrote: »
    Supermacs portions are disgraceful. Are they still charging for ketchup in there?

MacDonaghs do lovely fresh chips.
    disgraceful ??? Try mcdonalds., order chips and you get a half empty paper bag with about 6 chips poking over the top line, thats a crime

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Did you call them on it? I doubt they'd get away with it if people bothered to complain. I'd think a franchise would be sensitive to complaints to corporate.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭motley

Anyone mention Lucas in Athenry yet?

They do really nice homemade chips and pizzas are nice too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Went to hooked at lunch and reinforced my belief that's the best chipper in town. A future model for chippers in my mind.

Advertisement