Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Startup- Team setting up

Options
  • 08-01-2018 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi
    I am clinical nurse manager, and I have a business proposal to solve the staffing crisis in health care industry. I am wondering, is there any tech expert here who could team up with me, to discover its possibilities using block chain model. I am looking for someone who is from Ireland, or from EU/UK.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

If it's a Tech solution you're looking for, you could post here. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=25

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭gargargar

Check out the NDRC. They often have pre accelerator programmes where you can test your idea.

In relation to the technology, don't dive into that until you have spoken to someone technical as I can't see an obvious use for a decentralised register when it comes to staffing problems in the health industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sysprogrammer

"I can't see an obvious use for a decentralised register when it comes to staffing problems in the health industry."

Blockchain is being used in HR and recruitment to eliminate time spent in background checks, verification of exam results and a few other bits and pieces that would normally travel around on a resume.

It is very useful for staffing schedules. In one of our clients they require certain skills available at all times , some agents have these skill-sets and some don't. Software really eases this burden on scheduling and blockchain will ease this further.

Jinish, have you spoken to your local enterprise office ? If you partner with someone you will be giving away large portions of your company almost immediately.

Great idea by the way , make that phone call today , there are already people working in this space.

hth,
    Sysprog

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

"I can't see an obvious use for a decentralised register when it comes to staffing problems in the health industry."

Blockchain is being used in HR and recruitment to eliminate time spent in background checks, verification of exam results and a few other bits and pieces that would normally travel around on a resume.

It is very useful for staffing schedules. In one of our clients they require certain skills available at all times , some agents have these skill-sets and some don't. Software really eases this burden on scheduling and blockchain will ease this further.

Jinish, have you spoken to your local enterprise office ? If you partner with someone you will be giving away large portions of your company almost immediately.

Great idea by the way , make that phone call today , there are already people working in this space.

hth,
    Sysprog

It could potentially be useful in sharing patient data among professional medical staff quickly and securely. It might also be useful in scheduling.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭gargargar

How would staffing schedules benefit from a decentralised database over a technically simpler solution of a centralised db (available via cloud/web)? The main people pushing blockchain seem to be the large consultancy companies looking for the next cash cow.

I would argue that any idea you have could be easier implemented using a regular db or some kind of cloud technology. Unless the issue you have is either trusting the data or fault tolerance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sysprogrammer

In our situation, currently we use a centralised internal database. however i can see other company's wanting this info available in the blockchain rather than giving them access to our network/cloud.

I would argue that when you want to share data outside of your organisation then blockchain technology becomes increasingly attractive.

ymmv,
    SysProg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I would argue that when you want to share data outside of your organisation then blockchain technology becomes increasingly attractive.

True but in the medical world its a nightmare. Data protection is a minefield. I know OP isn't talking about patient records but there is definitely a need to have what will be shared reviewed and signed off on before taking a step further. Ireland and by extension the EU has some pretty solid frameworks and guidelines that have to be followed, which could become very tricky to control if its decentralised.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jinish

Thank you all for the reply. I will check with Enterprise office to test the viability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Get familiar with Data protection and GDPR too..

Advertisement