Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wearing black to the Golden Globes

• 08-01-2018 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

I'm sorry, but seriously?

You really showed the sexual predators in Hollywood what for.

How about you didn't show up at all one of the premium Hollywood events.
    That would have really sent shockwaves through the industry.

But no, you had to show up and look all pretty for the cameras, as usual.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

All sexual misconduct has now ended, the world is a better place. Thank you to all the millionaires who made this possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

OH just turned to me and said "Why don't they just donate their millions to battered women charities instead of this wearing black fiasco. Awareness does f*ck all unless you put your money where your mouth is."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Celebrities are annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

I could never see them as the bad guys in this let's not lose focus of the horrific abuse countless people have suffered at the hands of various people they are the scum of the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Just watched coverage of the Globes on the news there and I cant believe how self important these millionaire actors wearing black seem.
    Let's stick it to the fukin men and when Oprah gets up with her "A change is gonna come" speech, the millionaire actors are crying and standing up, quite aware that the cameras are under their nose, and applauding REALLY HARD, while fighting back the tears.
    Stuff & nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

All sexual misconduct has now ended, the world is a better place. Thank you to all the millionaires who made this possible.

I've clapped back so hard to this on twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Harvey Weinstein wore black to it every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

You dont think these actors suffered lecherous behaviour at the hands of Weinstein, Spacey and the rest???

It was a running gag in Hollywood for years!

Fair play for to them standing up for themselves and each other.

They set up a legal fund to help young actors fight cases against these creeps.

Black was making a statement, so people would talk about it- that worked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Hardly worth getting upset over what someone wears??

Tbh only for the news said it about the black...I wouldn't have noticed :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Asus X540L wrote: »

The stinking hypocrisy and the donning of the mantel of victimhood by a crowd of pampered millionairess princesses who have absolutely nothing to say about the subjugation of poor Muslim women all over the 3rd world is obscene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

After all the group hugs, rousing speeches, high-fives and tears last night, I hope the Hollywood a-listers involved in the metoo# movement will also stop starving themselves, and stop getting nose jobs, liposuction and botox - Show the world that you can succeed as a woman without completely fcuking your body up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

It is all so vacuous and slap on the back and stupid speeches and all that.

Rubbish. Celebs are only that because some people adore them. And they know it too. What did they do to help the world (tongue in cheek here), well nothing really except sales of popcorn and coca cola. Oops nearly said coke there.

Time to step away from the monitor for shyte like this lol.

You dont think these actors suffered lecherous behaviour at the hands of Weinstein, Spacey and the rest???

It was a running gag in Hollywood for years!

Fair play for to them standing up for themselves and each other.

They set up a legal fund to help young actors fight cases against these creeps.

Black was making a statement, so people would talk about it- that worked!

It's a circle ****, how many of them have worked with Roman Polanksi?
    Meryl Streep gave him a standing ovation one year.

mojesius wrote: »
    After all the group hugs, rousing speeches, high-fives and tears last night, I hope the Hollywood a-listers involved in the metoo# movement will also stop starving themselves, and stop getting nose jobs, liposuction and botox - Show the world that you can succeed as a woman without completely fcuking your body up.

Anything else you want to tell women to do?

Hollywood is a parallel universe. But that's Murica for ya. Someone somewhere must love this, I just cannot think who though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Hollywood is a parallel universe. But that's Murica for ya. Someone somewhere must love this, I just cannot think who though.

Satan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

Anything else you want to tell women to do?

I am a woman. I felt it was totally disingenuous for the likes of Oprah to be ramming her 'women power' speech down people's throats, while she gets less recognisable each year through plastic surgery. Some role model. Ditto for many of those applauding her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

It is all so vacuous and slap on the back and stupid speeches and all that.

Rubbish. Celebs are only that because some people adore them. And they know it too. What did they do to help the world (tongue in cheek here), well nothing really except sales of popcorn and coca cola. Oops nearly said coke there.

Time to step away from the monitor for shyte like this lol.

I wonder are we reaching a tipping point with this soon. That people are starting to see through the facade, the fakeness, the double standards. Hopefully one day, people will stop giving a fcuk about celeb culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

These people should learn how to look after their own lives before they start worrying about the problems of the world

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

lertsnim wrote: »
    Harvey Weinstein wore black to it every year.

Just a quick google search and guess what Harvey's favourite colour is ?

Unknowns to them they were actually showing support for him :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Place is crawling with sociopaths and hypocrites. Hollywood that is.

mojesius wrote: »
    I am a woman. I felt it was totally disingenuous for the likes of Oprah to be ramming her 'women power' speech down people's throats, while she gets less recognisable each year through plastic surgery. Some role model. Ditto for many of those applauding her.

Whats your issue with plastic surgery, if they chose to have it of their own mind?

I had cosmetic surgery done (fix a strabismus) should I be condemned too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It's just another vacuous gesture to garner publicity to ensure they get the same, if not a higher audience to hear them pontificate the same drivel as last year. It's utterly nauseating but oh so predictable at this point.

These people should learn how to look after their own lives before they start worrying about the problems of the world

I think they were making a stand for their colleagues tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Nermal

I wonder are we reaching a tipping point with this soon. That people are starting to see through the facade, the fakeness, the double standards. Hopefully one day, people will stop giving a fcuk about celeb culture.

We already passed it when Trump won. The more hysterical these weeping morons get, the more confident I am that he will win re-election. I dearly hope they keep at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Place is crawling with sociopaths and hypocrites. Hollywood that is.

Didn't think ye meant boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

I think they were making a stand for their colleagues tbf

I'd believe that if this was done in isolation but their always trying to leave their own little lane and cross in matters that aren't their concern.
    Bono should stick to singing
    Trump should stick to his celebrity bulll****
    and all the actors and actresses should stick with just that acting, they'll say " if I can use my voice for yada yada yada". We elect people to run the country these people are not needed the can **** off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

When push comes to shove, do we really give a flying hairy rats arse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Huexotzingo

This is why Hillary lost.

• Advertisement

Oscars are next. Yay. I can't wait

to ignore it all.

When push comes to shove, do we really give a flying hairy rats arse?

Well I don't. Why would I?

They are all caricatures of themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Latest news trend is that Oprah might run for POTUS 2020.
    Well she won't run, most likely get bused around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

<snip>

Mod note: Take that elsewhere, it's neither wanted nor needed here.

Don't post in this thread again.

Buford T. Justice

Always the joos. And a Hitler quote. Great stuff.

• Advertisement

I find that not looking, reading about, or listening to anything to do with so called Celebrities, and their hypocritical demands from all of us to do this and that to save the planet saves me a bit. It comes across as absolutely nauseating and self publicising. There are exceptions to that, but they are few and far between.

Harvey Weinstein will never see a poor day in his life forever more. Feck him. I doubt he cares either.

But leave them at it. I don't watch them nor listen to them.

As someone else said, the tipping point is here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Just a huge circle jerk.

The likes of Trump and Weinstein have very little in common with most white men just as Oprah has very little in common with most women

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

I find that not looking, reading about, or listening to anything to do with so called Celebrities, and their hypocritical demands from all of us to do this and that to save the planet saves me a bit.

Definitely, between 'never off a plane/model' Dicaprio, and Clooney's impossible to recycle coffee pods, they can go slap themselves. No wonder Mel Gibson went crazy a few years ago over in Tinseltown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

<snip>

Mod note: Take that elsewhere, it's neither wanted nor needed here.

Don't post in this thread again.

Buford T. Justice

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Kirk Douglas given a standing ovation?

Jesus Christ, surely that's a bit creepy given the stories about his past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Yer one, Meryl Streep, is some sickener.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I'm sure all the rapists are shaking in their boots because Reese Witherspoon wore a black satin D&G dress

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Yer one, Meryl Streep, is some sickener.

She gave a standing ovation for Roman Polanski a man who raped a 13 year old girl. Typical Hollywood hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

The word empowerment will be the biggest buzz word this year. It’s an advertisers’ dream. It will sell breakfast cereals, technology, cars etc. and people will buy into it. We really have come far as a species.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Don't be surprised, it's pure virtue signaling bs.
    Look at Meryl Streep the f*cking hypocrite, standing by women that are victims of sexual harrasment while giving a standing ovation to child rapist Roman Polanski - knowing what he did too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Apparently next year only women are allowed to attend the golden globes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Those Hollywood celebs would make you get the nearest bucket and puke into it. Hypocrites to the core.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I agree with most of the sentiments on this thread but really I think it's a positive thing overall.

Oh, and don't men usually were black at these occasions anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's a little like a black tie wedding they'll be some woman with he tan two piece out and ready and then she'll get the invitation saying she has to wear black!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Apparently oprahs speech is up there with martin luther king's
    Just lol
    It wasn't that great at all. And running for president potentially? These celebs really adore themselves

• Advertisement
Advertisement