Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

conway cruiser vinyl cover leaked

Options
  • 08-01-2018 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    vinyl camper cover leaked and mattresses and couch cushions damp/wet and smelly,

Anyway to get them back to original state(not smelling so damp)?
    thinking of warm water and soak them and rinse through the damp smell but what product could do this,light bleaching?

thanks
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    vinyl camper cover leaked and mattresses and couch cushions damp/wet and smelly,

Anyway to get them back to original state(not smelling so damp)?
    thinking of warm water and soak them and rinse through the damp smell but what product could do this,light bleaching?

thanks
    John

For covers washing with vinegar followed by regular wash with biological detergent is good for odours but won't do much for mould / mildew stains infyou have them.

Oxygen bleaches will work to an extent on mildew stains and are fantastic for odours you can get big tubs in lidl / aldi for a few euros. The produces hydrogen peroxide when mixed with water I have found these work far better with uv light so I use a clear plastic box in the sunshine (in short supply at this time of year) Its also great for bleaching yellowed plastics.

Be aware that washing the foam may wash out the fire retardant. I've found for cot mattresses and zbeds the best thing was to soak it overnight in a barrel with liquid biological detergent i like ecover because it doesn't rrequire so much rinsing, rinse, squeeze out as much of the water as you can then leave if dry naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Hi,
    thanks for the response!
    dont think the covers can be removed they are all in one.
    will try the barrel trick.
    can only improve them.
    thanks
    John

Advertisement