Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

child GPS tracker watch

Options
  • 08-01-2018 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting a GPS tracker watch for my daughter for when we go on holidays. It'll be more for curiosity and conviniece than security!- give her some independence around the camp site, but we should be able to find her quickly if needs be.

I'm trying to pick out a sim for it but I can't find any info on how much data they use. Has anyone got one and have any info?

I'd be interested in people's experience with them too. Reviews on line are fairly polarised, some swear by them, but a lot of one star reviews seem to be from less tech savvy ppl who don't understand the limitations of GPS and expect pin point accuracy everywhere

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

KAGY wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting a GPS tracker watch for my daughter for when we go on holidays. It'll be more for curiosity and conviniece than security!- give her some independence around the camp site, but we should be able to find her quickly if needs be.

I'm trying to pick out a sim for it but I can't find any info on how much data they use. Has anyone got one and have any info?

I'd be interested in people's experience with them too. Reviews on line are fairly polarised, some swear by them, but a lot of one star reviews seem to be from less tech savvy ppl who don't understand the limitations of GPS and expect pin point accuracy everywhere

This was one that I was looking at, sees to have a good reviews

www.tinitell.com

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

Hi. I’m in search of one of these kids gps smart watches. However to help sell the idea to my nine year old, I’m trying to find one that he can also use for running i.e. measures distance and time. It doesn’t have to be as accurate as a proper garmin watch. However I’m struggling to find one that ticks all the boxes. Can anyone recommend a suitable watch?

Thanks!

Advertisement