Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get app to work correctly

Options
  • 08-01-2018 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a few ptz cameras suplyed by logicom. Cameras work perfectly on the tv. The app XMEye, it will work on/off. Sometimes it won't open and sometimes it will but won't move the cameras correctly or keep up with the time. Any help or better apps? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

App will work at home on wifi. When I go back to my house on the wifi it won't. It's not my wifi power I have loads and it worked perfectly last week before I fitted new box. Would I need to change up address or codes of some sort?

I have a static up address got from the wifi crowd. I'm working off media port 81, http port 8099, dns 8.8.8.8

Any tips? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

App will work at home on wifi. When I go back to my house on the wifi it won't. It's not my wifi power I have loads and it worked perfectly last week before I fitted new box. Would I need to change up address or codes of some sort?

I have a static up address got from the wifi crowd. I'm working off media port 81, http port 8099, dns 8.8.8.8

Any tips? Thanks

Can you explain the first two sentences please. Don't know if you worded it incorrectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Can you explain the first two sentences please. Don't know if you worded it incorrectly.

Sorry, the system is at the home place for calving cameras. I live a few k away. The app on the phone works %100 at the home place. But when I go to where I live, it opens sometimes and when it dose it freezes.

Iv scanned the qr code off the box so that end is correct. It's like I'm missing some sort of code to allow the cameras work correctly away from the home place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Sorry, the system is at the home place for calving cameras. I live a few k away. The app on the phone works %100 at the home place. But when I go to where I live, it opens sometimes and when it dose it freezes.

Iv scanned the qr code off the box so that end is correct. It's like I'm missing some sort of code to allow the cameras work correctly away from the home place.

If its working when you are on the same network you are connected to then you may need to port forward the system to connect remotely.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

http://canyouseeme.org
    A good tool to check if the port is open and the service is accessible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi, I have a few ptz cameras suplyed by logicom. Cameras work perfectly on the tv. The app XMEye, it will work on/off. Sometimes it won't open and sometimes it will but won't move the cameras correctly or keep up with the time. Any help or better apps? Thanks

The XMEye is a cloud based app, not very reliable.
    Port forwarding would be the better solution.

Advertisement