Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Cheap'ish Car spray painter

• 08-01-2018 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭

Hey all. Looking to get the front end of an older car (06) freshened up. Just a paint job - in the same colour. Bumper. Bonnet. Wings.

So not wanting to break the bank and not looking for perfection... just a guy with the basic tools/garage and skill, to do a half-decent job, that won't cost a fortune.

Anyone recommend someone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Try Slater's down in Thomondgate, done a job for me a few years ago, no complaints, turn down by Jack Monday's it's on the right, place is a bit rough and ready but found him sound to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

O'Curry Street Garage.

Griffin crash repair. Dock rd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Joe's Crash Repairs on the Ballysimon Rd, did a very good job on our 05 BMW that had paint peeling off it. Even touched up the rust spots on the car also. I'd highly recommend him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭goochy

if you don't mind travelling JB'S in Ballylanders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Cheers all... will give a few above a shout for pricing. Ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Mc Love wrote: »
    Joe's Crash Repairs on the Ballysimon Rd, did a very good job on our 05 BMW that had paint peeling off it. Even touched up the rust spots on the car also. I'd highly recommend him.

I'll second Joe's. Did a job for me a couple of years ago. Couldn't fault the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

I'll second Joe's. Did a job for me a couple of years ago. Couldn't fault the place.

Heard good reviews on Joes but I fear he might be a bit on the high side, price wise... this is a 12 year old car

Only one way to know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

Griffin crash repair. Dock rd

+1 on Shane Griffin on the Dock Road.

Re Slaters ... I have seen some of his work ... I would not recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Anybody on here use i think its Paintless Dent removal on the dock road?

Some nice person opened their door onto my back door no paint damage just a ding that does my head in when i see it

Saw an old thread on here about them but not sure if there still going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

crasy dash wrote: »
    Anybody on here use i think its Paintless Dent removal on the dock road?

Some nice person opened their door onto my back door no paint damage just a ding that does my head in when i see it

Saw an old thread on here about them but not sure if there still going

Yes have used PDR Limerick on Dock Road. Artur is really good. Doing a lot of trade work at the moment, not sure if he is still taking on "retail" work, but definitely worth a try.

Advertisement