Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice from Estate agent on Release of a new Development

Options
  • 09-01-2018 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,

First post on here, hello to all!

Couple of questions if I may.
    Is it usual, as happened just before xmas to me, for an estate agent to only announce the day before a development phase is set for release? I'd of thought they would give you more notice, I was a bit suspicious of them only letting us know by email on a Thursday afternoon for the phase to be released the following morning at 10 AM.
    Secondly, does anyone know when Ternlee is Kilcoole will be released or much about the development in general. Sherry Fitz are being quite coy, as per usual, on the phone. Makes me almost think they have the buyers already.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,836 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Not that unusual I don't think for there to be little notice. The way the system works is a bit murky to be honest. Somehow there are people who will know when things are being released before any announcement is made, or you'll have people turn up and be at the head of the queue to find that there are houses that are already mysteriously sold.

And then you'll have the odd "pre-release to interested parties", which basically means every single person who ever registered on their site, which is pretty much everybody anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭frefrefre

awec wrote: »
    Not that unusual I don't think for there to be little notice. The way the system works is a bit murky to be honest. Somehow there are people who will know when things are being released before any announcement is made, or you'll have people turn up and be at the head of the queue to find that there are houses that are already mysteriously sold.

And then you'll have the odd "pre-release to interested parties", which basically means every single person who ever registered on their site, which is pretty much everybody anyway.

Thanks, the lack of transparency I find troubling with these things. I’ll just have to take my chances it seems as I’m planning to buy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

frefrefre wrote: »
    Thanks, the lack of transparency I find troubling. I’ll just have to take my chances it seems!

I bought in a new development and contacted the builder to get information on the next phase release date and prices months beforehand. This meant I was aware of the launch date about 24 hours before the public. The builder also let's current residents know about new releases in advance to. So all this is going on behind the scenes, not underhand but not generally known. My advice, contact the builder.

Advertisement