Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chiropodist recommendation?

• 09-01-2018 12:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭

Experiencing a minor (hopefully)but uncomfortable foot/toe problem. Any recommendations for a Dublin or Maynooth based chiropodist?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Bumping this. Looking for a chiropodist in Dublin. Any recommendation?

Surely some of you have a chiropodist's number (like your physio's) on speed dial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

In the end I just went to the Spectrum Foot Clinic in Drumcondra. They have branches all over Dublin and a few other towns. Didn't need anything too special (a bit of a paring of a callus on underside of toe, and a makeshift temporary toe-separator) and was happy enough with the no-fuss treatment I got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

If anyone's looking for a chiropodist/podiatrist for a foot-mechanics problem (such as plantar, tendonitis etc) rather than the bunion/verucca sort of thing, then I recommend Justin Blake at www.podiatry.ie (that's him on their website page, I see). They have, or had, clinics in Dublin, although they're technically based in Dundalk. Excellent, and not at all a proponent of orthotics, splints or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭healy1835

Murph_D wrote: »
    In the end I just went to the Spectrum Foot Clinic in Drumcondra. They have branches all over Dublin and a few other towns. Didn't need anything too special (a bit of a paring of a callus on underside of toe, and a makeshift temporary toe-separator) and was happy enough with the no-fuss treatment I got.

Yep, I used Spectrum in Newbridge a couple of months ago and could recommend them highly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'd recommend any runner, or anyone who is on their feet a lot to visit a podiatrist.

Most will charge €40-€50 for the visit, and my God if you value your feet you'll love it.

They'll do your nails, pair back any dead/hard skin. Moisturize your feet, check your gait etc and you'll come out feeling like you've been given a brand now pair of feet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Thanks all. Ended up going to a podiatrist - Mark Ryan of footfocus.ie. No complaints will lose my nail, but no biggie.

Advertisement