Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking space needed for commuter carpool.

Options
  • 09-01-2018 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

I am looking for somewhere safe to leave my car along the N7, preferably at junction 10, Nass north.

I don't fancy leaving it in one of the retail parks there for fear of break ins.

If anyone could help, would be great.

Reasonable rates paid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Junction 10 is Naas South

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭The lips

Corrected, thanks.

I will resort to calling door to door shortly, wouldn't see myself getting a great response in these dark evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

is it at north or south you need a space?

Ideally at the south junction but open to both.

I travel the N7 and would be sharing with a colleague that travels up the M9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Timing will be everything - if between 7.45 & 9am, you could end up spending 20min on the off ramp from M7 at Jct 10.

And then trying to get back on can be a nightmare too.

I'd be looking at a quiet junction such as Johnstown Garden centre.

Is there something valuable in the car that would cause it to be a target of a break in? - Loads of people leave their cars for carpooling at various junctions on the M9 and I've yet to hear of a break-in. - It would be far easier to get away with breaking into a car left in a quiet driveway all day than in open sight of hundreds of motorists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Johntm

I know of a few people that leave there car in the M7 Business Park at Junction 10. Its a busy enough park during the day and security monitor it from 8pm every evening.

Thanks for all the advise lads, plenty to have a look at there.

Do the security in the m7 business park work out of a specific office or portacabin that I could park near?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

The lips wrote: »
    Thanks for all the advise lads, plenty to have a look at there.

Do the security in the m7 business park work out of a specific office or portacabin that I could park near?

If both of you drive to Kilcullen or Athgarvan, and drive to Naas (via Two Mile House) bypassing all the traffic jams you'll save plenty of time. But.......there's a convoy of 20-25 cars at 7am on this route most mornings...
    Try it on a Monday and you'll see the difference!

Advertisement