Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

OO7FITZY wrote: »
    Had to uninstall and then reinstall and then change password and it worked OK
    Just a glitchy app maybe
    On the change password screen, just click Skip.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Stefs_42 wrote: »
    charged my car for the first time to 100% after completion got red battery indicator in dash, it was saying battery discharging. unplugged charger, started car as normal, no error faults thereafter. Is this normal car behavior, any ideas?

That battery discharging is the "12 v battery discharging"

Ie the car isn't turned on the DC DC converter isn't running, the same as an ICE car with the engine off. Our Sportage had the same message up on the dash if you had the ignition on with the radio on.

The red charging icon is on mine, I think it's too say the cable is still connected, you can't drive away.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

whats your average consumption these days guys? My one is 14.5 kwh/100km. suppose its good for this weather? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cty of d tribes

Hi all, I have the Kia eSoul 2020 I got in Feb this year.
    I need help installing the UVO app.
    I dont have the UVO app on the car.
    I only have it on my iphone app.
    It keeps asking for the VIN number , even when I already entered the VIN number.
    It wont go past the add Vehicle page , to the 6 digit verification code.
    What can I do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Hi all, I have the Kia eSoul 2020 I got in Feb this year.
    I need help installing the UVO app.
    I dont have the UVO app on the car.
    I only have it on my iphone app.
    It keeps asking for the VIN number , even when I already entered the VIN number.
    It wont go past the add Vehicle page , to the 6 digit verification code.
    What can I do ?

Do you maybe need the software in the car updated? When I got my hybrid Niro I brought it back a few weeks later to get the software updated for car play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I don't think Uvo has launched for Soul here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

JohnC. wrote: »
    I don't think Uvo has launched for Soul here yet.

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

So who's fault is this you reckon?
    Expect all chargers blow up or it's just Zappi trying to save face?

https://myenergi.com/e-niro/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

xboxdad wrote: »
    So who's fault is this you reckon?
    Expect all chargers blow up or it's just Zappi trying to save face?

https://myenergi.com/e-niro/

Jeez, thats bad!

They have given a decent level of detail there which does suggest its firmly Kia's fault.

Having said that, seems limited to those who have a 3-phase Zappi, so that wont affect too many people in this country.

KCross wrote: »
    Jeez, thats bad!

They have given a decent level of detail there which does suggest its firmly Kia's fault.

Having said that, seems limited to those who have a 3-phase Zappi, so that wont affect too many people in this country.

Well, the one I ordered is also 3 phase capable by design I think. Andersen.

• Advertisement

If it's in the eNiro, it would be in the kona too as they have the same 3 phase charger in the car. Does any of the souls have 3 phase.

By the sounds of it it something to do with switching from single to 3 phase and joining of 2 of the charges to get the 7.2 kw. And the car not releasing the relay.

I didn't realise that the 3 phase zappi switched between single and 3 phase. Maybe something to do with solar panels and eco mode.

graememk wrote: »
    If it's in the eNiro, it would be in the kona too as they have the same 3 phase charger in the car. Does any of the souls have 3 phase.

By the sounds of it it something to do with switching from single to 3 phase and joining of 2 of the charges to get the 7.2 kw. And the car not releasing the relay.

I didn't realise that the 3 phase zappi switched between single and 3 phase. Maybe something to do with solar panels and eco mode.

Yeah, I read it again too. So the Andersen is 3 phase as standard, but I won't have it installed on a 3 phase supply. So it sounds it won't be an issue for me.

Yeah, I read it again too. So the Andersen is 3 phase as standard, but I won't have it installed on a 3 phase supply. So it sounds it won't be an issue for me.

Yeah won't be an issue, I don't think the Anderson does any of the fancy switching either between single and 3 phase. (If you had 3 phase)

It wont. If its connected to a single phase supply it sounds like there is no issue as there is no switching between 1ph and 3ph in that case regardless of what the car or charge point is capable of.

graememk wrote: »

Yea, they mention switching between "eco" and "fast" is where the issue occurs. If you have a 3ph supply and you are on fast it will pull all 3 phases but if you then switch to eco its only pulling one phase for your SolarPV.

Note that they say this to workaround the issue....
    If you do want to use ECO and ECO+, do not switch between single phase charging and three phase charging without unplugging the car first (This includes switching to FAST or using a BOOST mode)

It just sounds like its a use case that Kia didnt think of or test for. SolarPV integration is not very common yet for charge points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

On the last 3 times where I've charged the Niro from my wallbox to 80%, when I start the car again in the morning, it comes up as 79% charged. Is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

chewed wrote: »
    On the last 3 times where I've charged the Niro from my wallbox to 80%, when I start the car again in the morning, it comes up as 79% charged. Is that normal?

Did you have it idle for a while before moving off?

I've noticed similar, by the time driven a few yards it's displaying 79%. As if it charges to 80.0% then displays 79% at 79.99% or something.

Did you have it idle for a while before moving off?

I've noticed similar, by the time driven a few yards it's displaying 79%. As if it charges to 80.0% then displays 79% at 79.99% or something.

No. I haven't even moved it. I unplug and click Start and it's displaying 79%!

That's hardly something to care about ?

That's hardly something to care about ?

It was just a curious question.

Video of the install of the gas struts for the bonnet, I have to say im tempted to get them and the new "frunk"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

is it because its 80% when charged and then the moment you turn it on it uses some to drop below 80% charge?

Maybe, but I've charged it 100% twice now and both occasions it stayed at 100% for a few kms before reducing down. It only seems to happen on 80%. I'll try it again later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭CoffeeBean2

Maybe, but I've charged it 100% twice now and both occasions it stayed at 1000% for a few kms before reducing down. It only seems to happen on 80%. I'll try it again later in the week.

You are doing well, I've tried a few times now, and I'm not getting close to 900%, nevermind 1000%.

Collecting my Niro on Thursday, cannot wait

You are doing well, I've tried a few times now, and I'm not getting close to 900%, nevermind 1000%.

ha!

Collecting my Niro on Thursday, cannot wait

You'll love it! I'm looking for excuses to drive mine all the time. I've already clocked up 1,500km and only had it 3 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

When applying for the Charger grant, how long does it take for the "offer letter" to arrive ?

championc wrote: »
    When applying for the Charger grant, how long does it take for the "offer letter" to arrive ?

Couple of days usually.

championc wrote:

It took around 2 days to arrive for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

What’s the order wait time these days for a e-Niro?

I’m looking at a Kodiaq/Tarraco (future proofing by size but petrols are hard to find) or e-Niro (future proofing by engine). All 3 are around 40k but I’m waiting to hear from my estate mgmt company if I can install a home charger on my driveway parking space under my duplex home - if that makes sense.

I’m thinking the e-Niro is the only family focused EV for sale at the moment that will take a baby buggy etc in the boot with decent size rear seats for car seats.

Advertisement