Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Depends who you ask. The dealer I got mine from had it in about 4 weeks. Another dealer told me it would likely be the new year. Though the latter just didn’t seem interested in selling cars, which is odd for a car dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

JohnC. wrote: »
    Depends who you ask. The dealer I got mine from had it in about 4 weeks. Another dealer told me it would likely be the new year. Though the latter just didn’t seem interested in selling cars, which is odd for a car dealer.

2-3 week lead time I was told during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

BBMcQ wrote: »
    What’s the order wait time these days for a e-Niro?

I’m looking at a Kodiaq/Tarraco (future proofing by size but petrols are hard to find) or e-Niro (future proofing by engine). All 3 are around 40k but I’m waiting to hear from my estate mgmt company if I can install a home charger on my driveway parking space under my duplex home - if that makes sense.

I’m thinking the e-Niro is the only family focused EV for sale at the moment that will take a baby buggy etc in the boot with decent size rear seats for car seats.

I got mine within a month from date of paying deposit. Somehow lead times for these cars arent as awful as I imagined!

Guys, do we have heated mirrors in E-Niro? UVO app has an icon with mirror heating however there is no physical button in car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

How long does it take to get the motor tax and log book sorted on a new car? I've had the Niro over 3 weeks now but haven't received any communication from the Motor Tax department. Just wondering what I say to a Gard if I'm stopped!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭tk123

chewed wrote: »
    How long does it take to get the motor tax and log book sorted on a new car? I've had the Niro over 3 weeks now but haven't received any communication from the Motor Tax department. Just wondering what I say to a Gard if I'm stopped!

Did you tax it? You should have filled in the online form using the last 6 digits of your chassis number as the pin.

Stefs_42 wrote: »
    Guys, do we have heated mirrors in E-Niro? UVO app has an icon with mirror heating however there is no physical button in car.

It should operate with the rear window defroster rather than having its own button.

tk123 wrote: »
    Did you tax it? You should have filled in the online form using the last 6 digits of your chassis number as the pin.

No. I've never owned a "new" car before so wasn't sure what to do. Where is the online form? I don't see anything on the motortax.ie website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

No. I've never owned a "new" car before so wasn't sure what to do. Where is the online form? I don't see anything on the motortax.ie website.

Just use the normal tax renewal system, your pin is the last 6 digits of your chassis number.

You sign in the same as when you renew your tax, using your new reg and the PIN will be the last 6 digits of your new car chassis number.

It was about a week before it recognised mine, but you've gone three weeks already so it should work.

• Advertisement

Just use the normal tax renewal system, your pin is the last 6 digits of your chassis number.

Cheers for that. I had no idea I had to do this. You'd think they would have a note on the website for new cars!

JohnC. wrote: »
    You sign in the same as when you renew your tax, using your new reg and the PIN will be the last 6 digits of your new car chassis number.

It was about a week before it recognised mine, but you've gone three weeks already so it should work.

I did it the day after I got the Niro, and the cert and disc were in my post box before the end of the week.

Cheers for that. I had no idea I had to do this. You'd think they would have a note on the website for new cars!

The dealer should have gone through it with you to be fair! Mine even circled the last 3 digits on the copy of the RF100 they gave me and told me to wait 24 hours so it was on the system so you're grand at this stage! :pac:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

The dealer should have told you. get it done before August or you might have to pay a months arrears! Good job you asked.

My car had a hiccup with the scheduled charging last night.

This was all done from the app

2 days ago I had it set to be ready at 6:10, and be fully charged and ready to go, it worked perfectly, and had to start charging at 23:00 (went out to the car to check to be sure, and also outside night rate) to fully fill the battery.
    Also had the climate control precondition on too.

Today it wasn't needed to be ready until 7:40,
    So set the time, and also turned off the climate control precondition at the same time. App showed a successful message

The car didn't actually start charging until 7:10 when the climate control kicked in.(which I thought I turned off)

Luckily it didn't need to be charged last night (was at 40%, daily commute is usually uses 20%)

So going forward I think I'll only change it one setting at a time. And for anything mission critical stuff I'll double check the car itself.

I have smart key anxiety after a friend had their brand new car stolen a year ago. I have a faraday box in the house but out and about - is it overkill using a pouch or am I worrying too much? In theory somebody could open the car as I walk away from it? It’s more convenient to have it in my pocket though lol

tk123 wrote: »
    I have smart key anxiety after a friend had their brand new car stolen a year ago. I have a faraday box in the house but out and about - is it overkill using a pouch or am I worrying too much? In theory somebody could open the car as I walk away from it? It’s more convenient to have it in my pocket though lol

Well the Mrs had the keys in her bag, at the passenger door, and the drivers door wouldn't unlock for me. She had to press the button to unlock

It also knows when the key has left the car too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

graememk wrote: »
    It also knows when the key has left the car too.

Indeed. I left the keys in the bottom tray and went to lock the car using the door button but it would not lock. I then remembered that they keys weren't in my pocket.

For anyone who may be caught by the Zappi2 MyEnergi issue, MyEnergi have rolled out the long awaited v3 firmware (3.033) and they've also upgraded the hub (3.021) firmware too.

https://myenergi.info/zappi-2-firmware-release-v3-033-t2118.html

https://myenergi.info/hub-firmware-release-v3-021-t2142.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Looks like it has the workaround for the Niro/Kona 3 phase issue posted earlier in the thread, where it prevents the Zappi from being zapped!

Just to reiterate, only matters if you have a 3 phase Zappi and a 3 phase Niro.... probably no one in this country has (or will have) that combination.

KCross wrote: »
    Looks like it has the workaround for the Niro/Kona 3 phase issue posted earlier in the thread, where it prevents the Zappi from being zapped!

Just to reiterate, only matters if you have a 3 phase Zappi and a 3 phase Niro.... probably no one in this country has (or will have) that combination.

Very possible in a company premises if someone owned a farm or had a home workshop of some kind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

KCross wrote: »

I was just talking to somebody earlier today with a 2020 Kona & 3 phase charging who wasn't aware of this issue so sent them the link

-_- next door had their drive power washed there. My beautiful car is now splattered with moss. :( I'm still work from home so it hasn't been out on the open road much to get dirty. They had already started and blocked me into the drive before I realised as I was in a meeting in work

You'll love it! I'm looking for excuses to drive mine all the time. I've already clocked up 1,500km and only had it 3 weeks!

Just got it so going driving for the evening 😂😂

guys when ye applied for charger grant, application form has a section stating "For Electric Small Public Service Vehicle Drivers only. Have you applied for the E-SPSV GrantScheme from the National Transport Authority for your Electric Vehicle?"

Is that a separate application form that I have to fill out?
    It wont let me proceed with application unless I hit "YES" for that section which reveals following questions:
    SPSV Vehicle License Number
    E-SPSV Case Reference Number
    Electric Vehicle GrantApplication ID

I think that's for taxis and the like, not for normal drivers. I can't remember exactly what options I may have picked, but I certainly didn't have to fill out anything there.

Stefs_42 wrote: »
    guys when ye applied for charger grant, application form has a section stating "For Electric Small Public Service Vehicle Drivers only. Have you applied for the E-SPSV GrantScheme from the National Transport Authority for your Electric Vehicle?"

Is that a separate application form that I have to fill out?
    It wont let me proceed with application unless I hit "YES" for that section which reveals following questions:
    SPSV Vehicle License Number
    E-SPSV Case Reference Number
    Electric Vehicle GrantApplication ID

While it appears to only want a Yes, click No and then it will prompt you for your Application ID, which I think was the application ID of the €5k car grant.

graememk wrote: »
    Video of the install of the gas struts for the bonnet, I have to say im tempted to get them and the new "frunk"

Just bought the gas struts on AliExpress. I guess the Austrian guy is waiting for his own shipment from China before selling them.

championc wrote: »
    Just bought the gas struts on AliExpress. I guess the Austrian guy is waiting for his own shipment from China before selling them.

Any link to the ones you bought?

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Any link to the ones you bought?

Quick search on AliExpress found these
    Auto Front Hood Bonnet Modify Gas Struts Lift Support Shock Dampers Absorber Accessories
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_dX64Pk5
    $36

• Advertisement

ali express is quite the rabbit hole, didnt even think that people would retro fit powered boots and stuff.

Advertisement