Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I wonder how Kia would look at these while under warranty?

Is the frunk insert allowed?
    For the cost on Ali express, if you have a frunk, those struts would be a no brainer.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

The frunk uses the same mount points as the plastic cover of the motor. very easily swapped in and out. id prob not rock up with it in for a service.

Done a first decent trip today to belfast, a jaunt out to ikea and out to the lisburn road for something to eat.

Started with 400km on the GOM, Done 325km total, left at 100% and back at 21% with an average of 16.2kwh/100km, with 80km left on the GOM.

I dare say if when they complete the A6 roadworks bypassing dungiven, and the castledawson/toome bit consumption would be higher, prob in the 17's

First time using the SCC and lane keep for an extended period of time and was very useful in the steady speed singe carriageway traffic where the traffic was moving but staying at the 100km/h mark.

And whoever mentioned the 201/electric/mini game..(well we added yellow and beetle to the mix!) i never had noticed as many minis on the road before!

Although i did spot a zoe, leaf, a esoul, tesla model 3 and an e-tron today.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TOLLOT

Drove killarney to Dublin tonight in an e Niro . Started with bout 90%.
    Decided to try the new ionity chargers at Kill north outside Dublin to see what they were like .
    Landed on with 18 %.
    Surprised to get 32 kw only . It was about 14 degrees
    Headed off into the shop and the app notified me the charging had stopped . Restarted it Got 52 kw this time but it stopped again after a minute or two .
    Moved the car and restarted charging.
    It stopped again , telling me the car was on .
    Made sure if was off next time but it stopped charging again .
    Gave up after the third restart on the second unit .
    So all in all not a great experience for me .
    Maybe it’s just those units , think they are Porsche units . Will keep an open mind and try the other fast chargers around . For now I suspect the ionity units .

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Never had that experience TOLLOT, but never used Ionity chargers either.

What are y'all using to get crap out of the perforated holes in the leather seats? I made the mistake of letting my daughter have an ice cream in the back!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

TOLLOT wrote: »
    Drove killarney to Dublin tonight in an e Niro . Started with bout 90%.
    Decided to try the new ionity chargers at Kill north outside Dublin to see what they were like .
    Landed on with 18 %.
    Surprised to get 32 kw only . It was about 14 degrees
    Headed off into the shop and the app notified me the charging had stopped . Restarted it Got 52 kw this time but it stopped again after a minute or two .
    Moved the car and restarted charging.
    It stopped again , telling me the car was on .
    Made sure if was off next time but it stopped charging again .
    Gave up after the third restart on the second unit .
    So all in all not a great experience for me .
    Maybe it’s just those units , think they are Porsche units . Will keep an open mind and try the other fast chargers around . For now I suspect the ionity units .

If you do that trip regular - ESB eCars have a new 150 kw charger in Portloise....

Not sure what it is with Ionity and Ireland but Athlone had issues too.

Edit - it's limited to 50 kw for next few weeks as there's work to be done to power supply.

Other thing about it is that it can charge CCS and Chademo simultaneously as it can load share with a max of 150 kw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Neighbours got a 202 eNiro on their drive way yesterday. Looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ClareGirl70

Is anyone else having an issue with the scheduled charging on their eNiro?
    I have the car 4 weeks and have, as yet, failed to get it to charge according to the schedule I’ve set. I’ve set the schedule as required, i.e. to start charging at midnight tonight until 9am, with a scheduled departure time of 10.30am.
    I’ve sent this info from UVO app to car, gone out to car the check that the correct schedule is on the car, then plugged in the charger. However, the charging starts immediately.
    On the previous two occasions, it was close to midnight when I plugged in, and I had a shorter charging window / earlier departure time scheduled, so in hindsight I thought that the actual time required to fully charge was longer than I was allowing and that that may be why the charging started immediately.
    However, tonight I plugged in the charger at 9.20 pm, and even though the estimated charging time stated 8 hours (I had schedule set to charge between 12am and 9am), it started charging immediately again.
    What am I missing here? I’ve referred to the user manual and seem to have followed what it says, but........?
    I have screen shots of the info which would illustrate what I’m trying to explain, but have no idea how to post photos on here from my phone......
    Any help appreciated.

Edited....
    Think I figured out how to add the photos.....

Is anyone else having an issue with the scheduled charging on their eNiro?
    I have the car 4 weeks and have, as yet, failed to get it to charge according to the schedule I’ve set. I’ve set the schedule as required, i.e. to start charging at midnight tonight until 9am, with a scheduled departure time of 10.30am.
    I’ve sent this info from UVO app to car, gone out to car the check that the correct schedule is on the car, then plugged in the charger. However, the charging starts immediately.
    On the previous two occasions, it was close to midnight when I plugged in, and I had a shorter charging window / earlier departure time scheduled, so in hindsight I thought that the actual time required to fully charge was longer than I was allowing and that that may be why the charging started immediately.
    However, tonight I plugged in the charger at 9.20 pm, and even though the estimated charging time stated 8 hours (I had schedule set to charge between 12am and 9am), it started charging immediately again.
    What am I missing here? I’ve referred to the user manual and seem to have followed what it says, but........?
    I have screen shots of the info which would illustrate what I’m trying to explain, but have no idea how to post photos on here from my phone......
    Any help appreciated.

Edited....
    Think I figured out how to add the photos.....

Was just about to reply on facebook. it looks like you have the same setup as i have done on mine.

but as you said somethings not right.

I'd go to the car and set it manually to see if its set correctly

(press the ev button and all the settings should be there)

I have mine set to the times being priority( it needed to start at 23:00 one night)

when you plug the car in with that active it should flash the middle light and also tell you the estimated charging time in the bottom left of the screen.

Im suspecting a mis communication between the app and the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TOLLOT

I also set the charge timing in the car , I don’t use the app to do it , which works fine . I’d suggest it’s the app that’s causing the issue .
    For example unlock via the app seemed to fail more times than not when I tested it .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

You set the charging window but also a departure time? Are both necessary? What is the benefit of a departure time if the car is 100% already? These settings might be counteracting each other.

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »
    You set the charging window but also a departure time? Are both necessary? What is the benefit of a departure time if the car is 100% already? These settings might be counteracting each other.

Yeah both need to be set, eg if you wanted to leave at 6am and you had 20% battery, and you wanted to have 100% before you left, it would need to start charging at 10 or 11 pm

I have mine setup exactly the same, working fine,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

What does the battery icon with the number 1 on it indicate on the top left mean? Is that the health of the battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

chewed wrote: »
    What does the battery icon with the number 1 on it indicate on the top left mean? Is that the health of the battery?

I'm referring to the icon on the top of this image.

50187231913_3008d9a09d_w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

chewed wrote: »
    I'm referring to the icon on the top of this image.

50187231913_3008d9a09d_w.jpg

That's just full... there's a 0 on the bottom, indicating empty. A bit superfluous really.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Redlim

What's the radio's sound like in the Irish 2020 model? The Kia.ie site states it has JBL audio but when I was in one briefly recently I didn't notice JBL branding on the speakers. Lots of UK reviews speak very highly of the JBL system they have.

Redlim wrote: »
    What's the radio's sound like in the Irish 2020 model? The Kia.ie site states it has JBL audio but when I was in one briefly recently I didn't notice JBL branding on the speakers. Lots of UK reviews speak very highly of the JBL system they have.

Just a normal one in mine, but wouldn't surprise me if they had qweaked the spec.

Sound system is fine. No complaints. Although I'd probably not notice the difference between them.

Ok cool, good to know you're happy with it even it's it's possibly not the JBL system. If you hadn't been happy with it I wonder could you persuade Kia to install what was advertised!

Ok cool, good to know you're happy with it even it's it's possibly not the JBL system. If you hadn't been happy with it I wonder could you persuade Kia to install what was advertised!

Had a look at the website, its on one of the pictures, but its not in the specification list.

Also to note, my one (march) has front and rear heated seats, where it looks like newer ones have only front heated, but also ventilated seats

Can any of the new owners confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

No issues with the sounds system. Its quite good in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

graememk wrote: »
    Had a look at the website, its on one of the pictures, but its not in the specification list.

Also to note, my one (march) has front and rear heated seats, where it looks like newer ones have only front heated, but also ventilated seats

Mine, picked up last month, is like yours. Heated front and rear, no ventilation.

• Advertisement

Yes, the spec sheet doesn't mention it but below is what is given on the Kia.ie E-Niro page:

"The 10.25" navigation touchscreen is easy to read and operate and provides you with routes, shortcuts and other useful information. It also gives you control of the 8-speaker JBL® premium sound system with Clari-Fi™ technology.8 The 7 years of map updates9 keep your system current year after year."

Thank you're lucky stars you don't have to put up with the BOSE system in the Leaf, it's dreadful, Muddy sound and good awful boomy bass.

Thank you're lucky stars you don't have to put up with the BOSE system in the Leaf, it's dreadful, Muddy sound and good awful boomy bass.

Plus in the Leaf doesn't the subwoofer take up some valuable boot floor space

Yes, the spec sheet doesn't mention it but below is what is given on the Kia.ie E-Niro page:

"The 10.25" navigation touchscreen is easy to read and operate and provides you with routes, shortcuts and other useful information. It also gives you control of the 8-speaker JBL® premium sound system with Clari-Fi™ technology.8 The 7 years of map updates9 keep your system current year after year."

I was initially disappointed with the speakers, they lacked warmth, but it's just a matter of adjusting the preferences. Have them just right now.

Edit: New 2020 model

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

Picked up mine early July. Just like yours - heated front and rear, not ventilated

Plus in the Leaf doesn't the subwoofer take up some valuable boot floor space

It doesn't take up much room to be honest but it performs so poorly it would be better off removed for a much higher quality door speakers.

Bose in general are not that good, in my opinion, they're certainly not hifi quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

In case anyone is wondering about swapping their crappy factory cones, here's a pic of the front door ones

So a 6.5" speaker which is fairly regularly accessible, but I struggled to find a mount with about a 1" depth

The door skin is very easy to take off. There are only two screws - one under the plastic bottom of the armrest coin holder (or whatever it's for) and one behind the plastic insert under the door opener

522156.jpg
    522157.jpg
    522158.jpg

That's interesting - did you go ahead and change them ChampionC?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

That's interesting - did you go ahead and change them ChampionC?

No. I had installed JBL's on my old Bimmer but I could see how to essentially swap them over, so they go sold with the Bimmer.

The problem is to find a 1" deep mount for a 6 ¹/2" cone

• Advertisement

championc wrote: »
    No. I had installed JBL's on my old Bimmer but I could see how to essentially swap them over, so they go sold with the Bimmer.

The problem is to find a 1" deep mount for a 6 ¹/2" cone

What's your take on the quality of the standard e-Niro speakers? If you're not a fan of them could you insist Kia install the JBLs that they advertise as being included on their website?

Advertisement