Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Demo 2020 eNiro for €37,500 is a bit of a saving on the 40k they are new. If anyone's looking to buy a "1 year old" car.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/kia-niro-64-k-wh-long-range-455-kms/26750135

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Demo 2020 eNiro for €37,500 is a bit of a saving on the 40k they are new. If anyone's looking to buy a "1 year old" car.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/kia-niro-64-k-wh-long-range-455-kms/26750135

Might be worth waiting for the new year on that one, hopefully the 201 reg will cause the price to drop a bit

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Yikes! I never realised just how terrible it looks in white :)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Must be the REX version, it also has a 1.0 litre engine :):)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

icom wrote: »
    Must be the REX version, it also has a 1.0 litre engine :):)
    Petrol jenny in the boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Redlim

Does anyone have the proper radio station thumbnail icons showing on their infotainment screen? Not sure how to get them to show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Redlim wrote: »
    Does anyone have the proper radio station thumbnail icons showing on their infotainment screen? Not sure how to get them to show up.
    They're not built in to the system like they are on some makes. The only way you'll see an FM radio logo is if that station is transmitting it via RDS which only one station I know of, Dublin City FM, does. Station logos are a feature of a relatively new version of RDS that most Irish stations haven't implemented.

Alun wrote: »
    They're not built in to the system like they are on some makes. The only way you'll see an FM radio logo is if that station is transmitting it via RDS which only one station I know of, Dublin City FM, does. Station logos are a feature of a relatively new version of RDS that most Irish stations haven't implemented.

Ah ok thanks, that makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Anyone noticed occasional rattling of the dash? It's like a kind of static noise from the display, disappears when I press down on the top of the dash over the steering wheel. Happens occasionally, be bloody annoying if it were to be there continuously

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Our car has 12.5k kms on the clock. How much in advance should I book in for the 15k service? (doing 1200km/month nowadays)

Looking to get it done by Joe Duffy AirSide (Dublin). Any experience with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

Anyone noticed occasional rattling of the dash? It's like a kind of static noise from the display, disappears when I press down on the top of the dash over the steering wheel. Happens occasionally, be bloody annoying if it were to be there continuously

no rattles in my car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Anyone noticed occasional rattling of the dash? It's like a kind of static noise from the display...........Happens occasionally

If it's an early 2020 model, apparently the gerbil they use to power the dash occasionally takes a break & when he starts up running in his wheel again, it can cause vibration.

x-TlRL.gif

:D.

S'pose it's a good thing it's just me then, if it becomes a normal thing I'll have to go to the dealer so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

if it becomes a normal thing I'll have to go to the dealer so :)

It's an easy fix anyway - the gerbil/hamster/wheel (comes as a set) part number is 0878-677-2334. Usually in stock :pac:.

Never heard anyone complain of dash rattles to be honest.

S'pose it's a good thing it's just me then, if it becomes a normal thing I'll have to go to the dealer so :)

Is it by any chance the various soft plastic/rubbery panels of the dash compressing against each other where they overlap while your driving? I've noticed this in my car but only with the radio off. I do have an annoying window rattle though which I must get the dealer to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 night_dweller

Niro EV's wife, and after 60k kilometers, transmission problems began. The car jerks, drives to the side, and seems to start to stall. dealers said that this is not a warranty case. maybe someone knows the reason for this behavior. Or is it just lucky like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Niro EV's wife, and after 60k kilometers, transmission problems began. The car jerks, drives to the side, and seems to start to stall. dealers said that this is not a warranty case. maybe someone knows the reason for this behavior. Or is it just lucky like that?

Huh? Cut and dried warranty case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭zg3409

Make a YouTube/facebook video of issue if you can. Can you still drive vehicle? Sounds like a warranty issue. What is dealer saying needs fixed? Can you bring to nearby back street garage for second opinion?

the problem is different, the problem is how the wife drives. there are dents on the front and rear bumper. She did not want to tell me that she hit another car, and turned to the garage service. I know that the transmission has already been removed (this is removed from the warranty), and therefore I do not want to argue with the dealer - I will be stupid to go out.

• Advertisement

There are two solutions to the problem: 1) divorce your wife and give her the car )))). 2) contact the garage service

The neighbor advised first to prepare and read a manul about repairing the transmission. To know what the technician is saying. He says that they tell everything in detail here. The problem is that I am not a mechanic ...

I decided to sell the car and take the same as my wife's father had CHRYSLER 200 2007. I know that their weak point is the transmission. My wife's father says it's not a problem. This can now be fixed in a nearby garage. In any case, the car brand is familiar to my wife, I will hope that my wife will drive more accurately.

Who y'all using to insure your Niro? Liberty are quoting €383.26 for comprehensive, think that's reasonable?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cluaindiuic

Remarkably similar with Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Who y'all using to insure your Niro? Liberty are quoting €383.26 for comprehensive, think that's reasonable?

Seems OK. I paid €301 with Aviva for full payment. Fully comp and another driver

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Wife just renewed today with AXA for €337 fully comp and second driver

Thanks everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

What ever initial quote you get, it's well worth while querying it..

Got my annual renewal email last week from Aviva which was €320 for my VW. Almost paid it on the spot as was a little cheaper than last year. However called them up and asked what was the best they could do. After confirming we had the house and a second EV with them they quoted me €280 (Which they claim is their minimum car insurance price).
    2 cars taxed and insured now for just over €800, happy enough with that.

Well worth the 5 mins or so holding on the phone..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

eagerv wrote: »
    What ever initial quote you get, it's well worth while querying it..

Got my annual renewal email last week from Aviva which was €320 for my VW. Almost paid it on the spot as was a little cheaper than last year. However called them up and asked what was the best they could do. After confirming we had the house and a second EV with them they quoted me €280 (Which they claim is their minimum car insurance price).
    2 cars taxed and insured now for just over €800, happy enough with that.

Well worth the 5 mins or so holding on the phone..:)

I need to figure out what you guys are doing, I'm getting quoted 516 from Aviva for a 2016 Nissan Leaf. For the laugh I put in for a quote on an ID.3 max and it was €100 cheaper

I swear they just pick these numbers out of a hat

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Advertisement