Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Haven't been following this thread, but is the Niro EV and/or PHEV out yet? Saw one plugged in in Cork this morning....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Haven't been following this thread, but is the Niro EV and/or PHEV out yet? Saw one plugged in in Cork this morning....

PHEV was release in 172.
    BEV version isn't expected in demo version until Nov so I'd be surprised if you saw a BEV of it in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

KCross wrote: »
    PHEV was release in 172.
    BEV version isn't expected in demo version until Nov so I'd be surprised if you saw a BEV of it in Cork.

Ah OK, had looked at their site and the PHEV is listed as 'coming soon' so didn't realise it was out already..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Kia Ireland told me this morning that they "hope" for Q1 2019.

Kia UK saying nothing but a few reviews are claiming February 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

icom wrote: »

The last paragraph of that piece sounds the alarm bells for Irish spec. :mad:

Please note that the above may mention features that may not be available to the Irish market

2i73hn.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Ànyone ask what features will not be available? they only mention 2 features

Coasting Guide Control (CGC), and Predictive Energy Control (PEC)

If it comes stripped back like the Kona, I won't buy it! I'll hold on to my 181 Ioniq for a couple of years and see what comes down the line.

If it comes stripped back like the Kona, I won't buy it! I'll hold on to my 181 Ioniq for a couple of years and see what comes down the line.

Expect it to be stripped back.....I can't see it fully loaded.....

As long as the spec is the same as eGolf then I would be happy....

I will not be buying a new car with less features than my current one......

• Advertisement

I won't be buying one with a worse spec than one over the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

any indications on price yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

daheff wrote: »
    any indications on price yet?

Only indication is from Korea market where it is a little more expensive than the Kona and the Kona is confirmed here at €38k.

So, it will be in or around that price but probably a bit more than that.

Out of interest, does anyone know the price of the Niro Hybrid in Korea and then compare to price of BEV. Might give some indication of what we can expect here.....just because I am bored

Had my Leaf in for a service today. Got a Niro hybrid for a courtesy car.

Really nice car, acres of space compared to the Kona.

Worryingly it did say "auto" on the wiper stick. Which means that the one Bjorn tested in Korea only had intermittent wipers.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Had my Leaf in for a service today. Got a Niro hybrid for a courtesy car.

Really nice car, acres of space compared to the Kona.

Worryingly it did say "auto" on the wiper stick. Which means that the one Bjorn tested in Korea only had intermittent wipers.

Reset the clock and see what sort of ltr/100km you get....I am testing a Rav4 hybrid at the moment.....

It a really fancy one, it self charges :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Out of interest, does anyone know the price of the Niro Hybrid in Korea and then compare to price of BEV. Might give some indication of what we can expect here.....just because I am bored

Googling the PHEV price I get 35million WON and 45 million for the BEV.

If that's right, in Ireland the PHEV is €31k after grants so the BEV should be ~€38k.

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Googling the PHEV price I get 35million WON and 45 million for the BEV.

If that's right, in Ireland the PHEV is €31k after grants so the BEV should be ~€38k.

Which sounds about right

I am struggling to get my head around spending the guts of 40k on a Kia:eek: call me snobby but yes if it was Merc, BMW etc but a Kia :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BigAl81

And that would be 38k before the nonsense charges like delivery etc, so looking at on the road price of nearly 40k I'd say.

I've the PHEV booked in for a test drive to see if the car size suits us. Chatting to a few Kia dealers this week, no word on pricing or availability yet.

Paris motor show starts 2 weeks from today so should have pricing then I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Latest video from Bjorn shows an app for the Niro available in korea!! Don't think it will have that in Ireland tho ;(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭stesaurus

BigAl81 wrote: »
    Latest video from Bjorn shows an app for the Niro available in korea!! Don't think it will have that in Ireland tho ;(

I'm sure we can get the apk from somewhere, just need to learn some basic Korean :D
    Will it have a sim card for mobile network access installed? Does the Ioniq or Soul, that might give an indication.

stesaurus wrote: »
    I'm sure we can get the apk from somewhere, just need to learn some basic Korean :D
    Will it have a sim card for mobile network access installed? Does the Ioniq or Soul, that might give an indication.

It's not a case if a missing app, the car won't even have the module installed it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

This is getting more annoying.

I'm not spending 42 K for cut down version.

I like this car, I've seen too many of Bjorn's videos now and I'll notice all the missing stuff.
    Pay more, get less, feck off no way.

I've had my IS300 for 4 years now, I've never had a car this long, but I want an ev next.

I'm seriously considering driving it until I can get a model 3.

Again 40-42 K is too much if you don't get the kit and features (range) we are seeing on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Imagine not giving the Irish market the app !!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Apps are missing from Hyundai/Kia in the whole EU for once it's not a paddy spec thing.

Stoner wrote: »
    Imagine not giving the Irish market the app !!!

The whole of Europe dont have app. Hyundai have the same issue

Nothing to do with Ireland. From what I know the Ioniq doesn't have an app anywhere in World either

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    From what I know the Ioniq doesn't have an app anywhere in World either

It does in the US

unkel wrote: »
    It does in the US

So I know very little :p

Ok I checked, seemingly the app is based in US so from a GDPR point of view they don't allow in Europe.....they need to roll out deployment in Europe before they will allow app

I would guess once Hyundai do that then Kia will piggy back on same service

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

I'm hoping to get one of the first ones in Ireland. Been driving a Leaf for 4 years and this looks like an excellent upgrade.

Not worried about brand snobbery, Kia make great cars. The Kona and Niro are the game changes, the ones to beat now.

• Advertisement

kuro68k wrote: »
    I'm hoping to get one of the first ones in Ireland. Been driving a Leaf for 4 years and this looks like an excellent upgrade.

Not worried about brand snobbery, Kia make great cars. The Kona and Niro are the game changes, the ones to beat now.

But according to information on hand, the spec is a game killer. :(

Advertisement