Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Yeah, controlled via car, not chargepoint. I had it on Fast++ so whenever I plugged it in it would start charging immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

graememk wrote: »
    Just curious, as i dont have a zappi.

are you using the timer in the zappi or the car?

With my EVSE, I can run a timer on the chargepoint if i want but I just use a the car timers. - car controls everything, When plugged in, in the evening, it comes up EV connected and middle light on the Niro flashes.

roll around to 12 (i use 12 instead of 11, it makes my graphs nicer!) Car sends signal to the evse, contactor goes ka-chunk and it starts charging.

If I want to solar divert, I have to turn off scheduled charging (or press the button on the dash).

Can the Fast++ on the zappi over-ride the car schedule?

I had been using the Zappi timer for the e-Niro and it worked fine. My ESB meter time is nearly 1.5 hours out, so I just set the time on the Zappi to match it. It just seemed easier. :o

The ID.3 is a whole other ball game. I'm not even going there until I get the 2.1 software on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭CoffeeBean2

I have my Niro since last July, it was the latest model at the time. All going well until in December when the 'Check Electric Vehicle System Light' came on during a 20/30 min very slow drive in busy traffic. I had the seat heater and the blower on at the time. The Check EV light stayed on for the rest of the trip, and was on again for my return trip home about 30 minutes later.

After that trip, I did not see the check EV light again until this morning on the 20 min school run. Seat heater and blower on when a warning flashed up on the dash and stayed on for the remainder of the trip. I checked the car an hour later and the light was off.

Should I be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I’m also using a Zappi (set to fast) and never had the timer issue you guys are having. If I’m using the timer and plug in, the Zappi waits for a few seconds and then displays “Delayed”, with a blue status light. Then starts charging at the appointed time.

JohnC. wrote: »
    I’m also using a Zappi (set to fast) and never had the timer issue you guys are having. If I’m using the timer and plug in, the Zappi waits for a few seconds and then displays “Delayed”, with a blue status light. Then starts charging at the appointed time.

Odd, have you set the schedule on the Zappi itself or on the car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Odd, have you set the schedule on the Zappi itself or on the car?

Just the car. Never even tried the Zappi timer.

Huh, I wonder why mine just jumps straight to charge then ... On your scheduled charging do you have it set to "Off-peak rates priority" or "Off-peak time only"?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Huh, I wonder why mine just jumps straight to charge then ... On your scheduled charging do you have it set to "Off-peak rates priority" or "Off-peak time only"?

Off peak priority here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

chewed wrote: »
    So, good news at last!

Kia have offered me a new replacement car, so hopefully should get this in next few weeks.

I have to say I'm quite shocked at how bad Kia Customer service has dealt with me over the past 4 months. I've barely got an apology or any follow up calls from anyone senior within Kia Ireland. Especially considering I had to return the car 5 times and call out AA multiple times to top up car. The only contact I have is with their customer service email and even at that I'm constantly having to follow up with them for updates. I've now been told that I will have to deal with my local Kia garage regarding my replacement car, yet they don't have any cars available for me and don't have an update on when one might be available either!

So, it's now been nearly 4 months since my issues started and yet have no idea when I can get a replacement car. In that time, I've had to pay tax, insurance and monthly car loans on a car that I have barely driven more than 100km.

When I'm choosing my next car, I will be seriously considering another company. I spent nearly €40k for this car, yet I think I would have had better customer service and communications if I was dealing with a faulty toaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

I have to say I'm quite shocked at how bad Kia Customer service has dealt with me over the past 4 months. I've barely got an apology or any follow up calls from anyone senior within Kia Ireland. Especially considering I had to return the car 5 times and call out AA multiple times to top up car. The only contact I have is with their customer service email and even at that I'm constantly having to follow up with them for updates. I've now been told that I will have to deal with my local Kia garage regarding my replacement car, yet they don't have any cars available for me and don't have an update on when one might be available either!

So, it's now been nearly 4 months since my issues started and yet have no idea when I can get a replacement car. In that time, I've had to pay tax, insurance and monthly car loans on a car that I have barely driven more than 100km.

When I'm choosing my next car, I will be seriously considering another company. I spent nearly €40k for this car, yet I think I would have had better customer service and communications if I was dealing with a faulty toaster.

Can I ask how far up the food chain in KIA did you go with this ?
    Perhaps you should write to the MD of Kia Ireland & mark it personal.
    Mr.Ronan Flood
    Calmount Park, Unit A8,
    Calmount Ave,
    Ballymount,
    Dublin, D12 X266

Be polite & just let him know how unhappy you are with the service you've received. I had a problem with a new Honda model back in the day so I speak from experience.

• Advertisement

amdaley28 wrote: »
    Can I ask how far up the food chain in KIA did you go with this ?
    Perhaps you should write to the MD of Kia Ireland & mark it personal.
    Mr.Ronan Flood
    Calmount Park, Unit A8,
    Calmount Ave,
    Ballymount,
    Dublin, D12 X266

Be polite & just let him know how unhappy you are with the service you've received. I had a problem with a new Honda model back in the day so I speak from experience.

Good idea. The problem is I can't get to anyone other than the Customer Service email. I tried After Sales, but was told to keep comms to CS. I might try that other route you've suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Good idea. The problem is I can't get to anyone other than the Customer Service email. I tried After Sales, but was told to keep comms to CS. I might try that other route you've suggested.

See how it goes & if your really getting nowhere then write the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

I have to say I'm quite shocked at how bad Kia Customer service has dealt with me over the past 4 months. I've barely got an apology or any follow up calls from anyone senior within Kia Ireland.

You should really be only be dealing with the dealer. Your contract is with them & your consumer rights etc., all apply to the dealer.
    It's up to the dealer to liaise with Kia Ireland & you shouldn't be chasing your tail trying to chase someone in customer care who doesn't give a.......

I'd say you're suffering from the lockdown issue too - people off/working from home etc.

You'll ultimately have to reject the car, have it delivered back to your dealer & (threaten to) seek redress through the courts, unless you're dealt with in a timely manner.

Best of luck with it.
    It'll be sorted soon, don't be too stressed in the meantime. The grass isn't always greener - look at the hassle some new Tesla customers are having with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Can anyone suggest a place in Dublin doing a warranty suitable first service at a reasonable cost (under €100)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Kramer wrote: »
    You should really be only be dealing with the dealer. Your contract is with them & your consumer rights etc., all apply to the dealer.
    It's up to the dealer to liaise with Kia Ireland & you shouldn't be chasing your tail trying to chase someone in customer care who doesn't give a.......

I'd say you're suffering from the lockdown issue too - people off/working from home etc.

You'll ultimately have to reject the car, have it delivered back to your dealer & (threaten to) seek redress through the courts, unless you're dealt with in a timely manner.

Best of luck with it.
    It'll be sorted soon, don't be too stressed in the meantime. The grass isn't always greener - look at the hassle some new Tesla customers are having with them!

I agree with you, but it seems that the dealers need to go to Kia for support when they can't figure out an issue. Kind of like when you get to second level support with customer service and start speaking to someone who knows what they're talking about

The issue here seems to be some sort of breakdown between the dealership and Kia, either they're not seeking support correctly or they're not getting the support they need

The blame may be on the dealership, but it's up to Kia to ensure their service agents are up to scratch. After all, the first thing people see is the big Kia badge above the door, and if the dealership is useless then that reflects badly on the brand

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer/consumer_laws/your_rights_as_consumer_in_ireland.html#

If you have a problem with something you have bought (for example, it is faulty or does not meet the description given), it is always the seller who must put things right. As a general rule, the seller must offer a repair or replacement. Alternatively, they can give you a refund.

If you are not satisfied with the quality of the products or services you should:

Return the item to the seller (not the manufacturer)
    Act as soon as you can – a delay can indicate that you have accepted faulty products
    Don’t attempt to repair the item yourself or give it to anyone else to repair it
    Make sure you have proof of purchase, for example a receipt or credit card statement
    For services, keep all evidence of damage caused by poor work, for example take photos.

The success of your complaint can depend on a combination of factors - consumer legislation, the trader’s willingness to resolve the issue, and the circumstances of the case itself.

If your complaint is not resolved within a reasonable timeframe or or you are not happy with the response, you have the following options:

If you paid using credit card or debit card, you can contact the card provider and ask them to reverse the transaction. This is known as chargeback. Some other payment methods also provide protection schemes (for example, PayPal buyer protection). The CCPC has more information on chargeback.
    Out-of-court procedures such as the European Consumer Centres Network (for cross-border disputes only) and Online Dispute Resolution (for national and cross-border online disputes)
    Take a claim against the seller using the Small Claims Procedure. For cross-border disputes within the EU, you can avail of the European Small Claims Procedure.

What I would do is if you still have the car have it transported back to the dealer and do not accept it back then contact your finance company with all the info, emails etc and ask for the finance agreement be terminated.

The dealer should refund your deposit but how you get your money you've already paid for the finance I don't know unless the finance company are willing to refund this or you'll have to go to the small claims court.

At this point you are entitled ( in my opinion ) to a refund.

I've noticed yesterday whenever I drive over a bump (country road) something 'clunks' towards the boot somewhere. A metallic heavy clunk, like something is loose. I can't spot anything, nothing in the boot that's loose etc. Anyone had anything similar? It's due a service on the 23rd so could hold off until then

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

I've noticed yesterday whenever I drive over a bump (country road) something 'clunks' towards the boot somewhere. A metallic heavy clunk, like something is loose. I can't spot anything, nothing in the boot that's loose etc. Anyone had anything similar? It's due a service on the 23rd so could hold off until then

Yep, same issue here. Nothing obvious tho. Let me know what they find during service, so I could ask to check my one as well when its due

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

There's usually a plastic spacer above the shock abosrber on most cars. I think it stops the suspension going thunk in the way you mentioned

They can crack and perish with age, so it might be worth getting them checked? Should be fine on a 2-3 year old car though

There could also be some debris lodged behind one of the underbody panels. They do pick up dirt which can then rattle around the underbody causing noise

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 dazbot79

Hello all - we got our eniro in January , happy enough so far with it , and coming from a leaf 24 its a real game changer for us (When covid is over)
    this is our our first brand new car so we had very high hopes however , I've noticed over the last few weeks that there are a number of rattles and noises beginning to appear... and now that i've heard them once i'm tuned in to them and i'm aware of them all the time now.

I've had the car back to the dealer to look at a rattling speaker baffle on the driver side, i was told that when the plastic is cold it can rattle around like that , apparently they took the baffle out and put a little bit of plastic in to hold it tight. all to no avail - rattle is still present.(admittedly i now only notice it when its cold)

However I've now noticed that when driving over poor quality roads that there is a faint knocking noise like the driver side window is rattling around , its not present on any of the other windows , i've checked and the window is firmly closed.
    Worst of all , on a work trip to Cork the other day i have noticed that there is a quite a distinct turbulence noise coming from the top of the driver side door , again not present on any of the other windows.
    I inspected the chrome trim around the driver side door and it certainly moves around a lot more than the other doors.

I dont want to come across as a whinger , but i certainly expected a brand new car to not rattle and knock as much as this.

I'll be getting in touch with the dealer tomorrow , but does anybody else notice these noises or is this unique to my car ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

One thing to be aware of, being ultra sensitive to creaks and rattles, is that they very, very rarely end up coming from where you think they do! I spent weeks trying to track down a rattle I would swear was coming from the back seat of my car only to finally find it was actually coming from the sun visor :D

That's odd, it doesn't sound normal, might be worth recording it on your phone so we can compare. One man's roar is another man's whisper. I just made that up, poetic me.

The 'clunking' I referred to earlier is definitely abnormal and new, it's localised to the rear left and isn't the plastic shock absorber. It's not from heavy bumps but small ones. Have to get it checked out but might hold out for the service in 2 weeks.

Back to yours - I've noticed a rattling that sounds more like (but isn't) electric static, when I press down on the dash it goes away. It's very quiet though. Because the car is so quiet I'm more attuned to it

I've heard a few eNiro drivers reporting issues with the back windows rattling when they become loose within the frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

Lads, does the e-Niro come with a smaller battery too? This one says 289km range in the description..

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Kia/e-Niro/fpa/202008283045733

yannakis wrote: »
    Lads, does the e-Niro come with a smaller battery too? This one says 289km range in the description..

Yes and the smaller battery charges at a much slower rate on the fast charger.

298 Km ? probably 220 on the motorway ?

yannakis wrote: »

Yeah most of them have been demo cars, not that many in the country at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

My old car coming up in Wexford VW. No pictures yet, but it's a dark grey 192 reg.

It was ceramic coated from new and has 2 free services left on the service pack. The car is showroom in and out. No door dings or scratches.

One careful owner. :D

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/kia-niro-e-niro-auto/27399128

If anyone is interested, I held on to the frunk and alloy spacesaver spare wheel, jack and brace as they were non standard items and the dealer wouldn't supply them with the car.. The wheel was never used, but was great peace of mind. I'm sure a reasonable figure could be arrived at for the two. I can upload pictures here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

My old car coming up in Wexford VW. No pictures yet, but it's a dark grey 192 reg.

It was ceramic coated from new and has 2 free services left on the service pack. The car is showroom in and out. No door dings or scratches.

If anyone is interested, I held on to the frunk and alloy spacesaver spare wheel, jack and brace as they were non standard items and the dealer wouldn't supply them with the car.. The wheel was never used, but was great peace of mind. I'm sure a reasonable figure could be arrived at for the two. I can upload pictures here.

Would be a great car for anyone looking for one..

(I'd better not tell her indoors:D)

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/kia-niro-e-niro-auto/27399128

under 34k.. fair price, might be some haggle room there too. And only 16K km.

Advertisement