Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

To be honest, can buy a brand new one for not much more ?

That's a second edition. My 192 first edition was snapped up at the same price after I traded it in. The demand is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

About €8k more last I checked

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

About €8k more last I checked

38, 39k ?

38, 39k ?

I was quoted nearly €42k OTR last December. Delivery charge is pretty ridiculous, something like €1600

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

38, 39k ?

they went up in price a few months back.

• Advertisement

I was quoted nearly €42k OTR last December. Delivery charge is pretty ridiculous, something like €1600

42 K is a bit much now in fairness. Wouldn't pay 35 K either with 15K Kms considering at the time they were about 38K or near.

If 42 K is the new price, then one would be mad not to consider the Model 3 SR+

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

A new eniro is going for 40k excluding delivery

2-second hand 2020 available on Done Deal right now:

Car 1 with 10000km on the clock price:36950
    Car 2 with 2000km on the clock price: 37500

• Registered Users Posts: 9 paulcorkgolf

No doubt, the Hyundai version will be far better than Kia, as if we look at the build quality then it's best you will get in Hyundai for sure than in Kia. Yes, Hyundai wouldn't be delaying in launching a new one to be in a better position than Kia always thought competition is nearing but always Hyundai is leading and hope will carry on leading the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Is there now a €40k threshold for the Grant ? I think the price also increased after the VAT reverted back to 23%

championc wrote: »
    Is there now a €40k threshold for the Grant ? I think the price also increased after the VAT reverted back to 23%

€40k threshhold is for the VRT rebate, reduces by half the amount over €40k the car costs

€40k = no reduction (€5k rebate)

€42k = €1k reduction (€4k rebate)
    €48k = €4k reduction (€1k rebate)
    €5k and over = no rebate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

No doubt, the Hyundai version will be far better than Kia, as if we look at the build quality then it's best you will get in Hyundai for sure than in Kia. Yes, Hyundai wouldn't be delaying in launching a new one to be in a better position than Kia always thought competition is nearing but always Hyundai is leading and hope will carry on leading the title.

I’m not sure. I’ve not driven a Kona, but I have heard people say the quality (in terms of materials, not just size) of the Kia ENiro is better than the Hyundai Kona, which are both based on the same platform and roughly equivalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

JohnC. wrote: »
    I’m not sure. I’ve not driven a Kona, but I have heard people say the quality (in terms of materials, not just size) of the Kia ENiro is better than the Hyundai Kona, which are both based on the same platform and roughly equivalent.

Yes, one of the reasons we chose the e-Niro over the Kona was that many reviews pointed out that the materials used in the interior are like a higher class in the e-Niro compared to the Kona.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

In my experience the e-Niro wins hands down against the Kona. It's night and day.

I moved from an Ioniq to an e-Niro. There was nothing in it between those two in terms of finish, the Kia has better paint though. The e-Niro is very well put together.

I think there has been a view that Kia are a lesser brand. People with that view are living in the past. Just like the time when Japanese cars were called Jap scrap.

There are, of course, low budget manufacturers that make cheap cars. That's to be expected; Dacia springs to mind.

What I can't understand is how poorly finished cars can get a premium name and price tag. People seem to fall for the marketing, making them blind to the fit and finish.

Is that just for Ireland though? The spec varies by country and the Kona in Ireland had a very poor spec compared to the UK for example

Is that just for Ireland though? The spec varies by country and the Kona in Ireland had a very poor spec compared to the UK for example

Kia and Hyundai import one trim in bulk to keep cost down, that's what Hyundai Ireland told me so Ireland will get a lower spec.

Hyundai will probably do the same with the 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

Is there a way to over rule DAB radio ,mine keeps reverting to it for RTE Radio 1 and they don't broadcast on it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Macker wrote: »
    Is there a way to over rule DAB radio ,mine keeps reverting to it for RTE Radio 1 and they don't broadcast on it anymore

I'm pretty sure I came across it in the radio settings before.

I've a question too - the Forward Collision Avoidance is nice, where it breaks if you're coming up behind a parked car at traffic lights etc. Can be set to go to a complete stop or does it just always partially slow down but never entirely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I don't know how long this has been going, but I see they're offering a free charge point now. With all plug-in models. It's a Wallbox Pulsar, standard installation included. Though you must be eligible for the grant as it's really the grant making it free. Installed by EasyGo. If you already have one or can't have one installed, they give €500 EasyGo charging credit instead.

https://www.kia.com/ie/purchase-guide/offers-and-promotions/free-home-charger/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

I don't know how long this has been going, but I see they're offering a free charge point now. With all plug-in models. It's a Wallbox Pulsar, standard installation included. Though you must be eligible for the grant as it's really the grant making it free. Installed by EasyGo. If you already have one or can't have one installed, they give €500 EasyGo charging credit instead.

https://www.kia.com/ie/purchase-guide/offers-and-promotions/free-home-charger/

I got this installed a few days ago after buying a xceed phev , we had to get the pulsarplus because we needed a clamp as well , which added another 100 , the install went smoothly , all done is about 2 hours ,
    the only annoying thing is that theres no option to turn off the leds on the unit which glow nicely in the dark ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Tony H wrote: »
    I got this installed a few days ago after buying a xceed phev , we had to get the pulsarplus because we needed a clamp as well , which added another 100 , the install went smoothly , all done is about 2 hours ,
    the only annoying thing is that theres no option to turn off the leds on the unit which glow nicely in the dark ,

Yeah, I have this installed as well and the lights are a bit annoying! I sometimes just turn it off using the big red switch. And on again whenever I need it.

• Advertisement

Macker wrote: »

Did you figure out how to do this? It's really annoying the way it keeps reverting back to DAB! Surely the DAB stations should be completely removed, or is it the radio itself that has these stored?

chewed wrote: »
    Did you figure out how to do this? It's really annoying the way it keeps reverting back to DAB! Surely the DAB stations should be completely removed, or is it the radio itself that has these stored?

I found the solution. From the Menu within Radio, there's an option for DAB/FM switching, which I unchecked.

548885.png

KCross wrote: »
    I presume they will still have to fix the old one and will sell it onto someone?

Record the VIN of that car and when we hear about it again we can cross check! ;)

So, that previous eNiro I had all the 12v battery and charging issues with over the past 5 months, I see is now for sale as a used car in the dealership. I wonder did they actually fix the problems I had or are they just chancing their arm that it won't happen to the new owners? From what I could see, they had no idea what was wrong with the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 vidukasp

So, that previous eNiro I had all the 12v battery and charging issues with over the past 5 months, I see is now for sale as a used car in the dealership. I wonder did they actually fix the problems I had or are they just chancing their arm that it won't happen to the new owners? From what I could see, they had no idea what was wrong with the car.

Im 9 months with the car. Have no issues at all. Happy with the car.

What's the reg ?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭OO7FITZY

has anyone looked at getting a tow bar fitted to their car - I had checked a few months back and was advised that Kia Ireland will not stand over warranty if tow bar fitted (but KIA in other EU countries seem to allow it)
    with summer on the way and the chance to finally get out I just want to fit my thule tow bar bike rack (have no intention of towing anything like a trailer or mobile home etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 nefelodamon

Hi All,

Thinking of buying the E-Niro. I got a reasonable quote from a dealer in my area of about 37.5K (including a trade in of about 2.2K for a 2007 petrol monster).

Question is should, I wait for an updated model in 2022 given I am not in a rush to buy? When you think Kia will release the updated specs for the MY22 for Ireland?

The car looks and feels great but its missing a few key features (for me) like electric seats, heat pump and LED headlights. I am not sure though if Kia will add any of them in the MY22.

Thanks!

Hi All,

Thinking of buying the E-Niro. I got a reasonable quote from a dealer in my area of about 37.5K (including a trade in of about 2.2K for a 2007 petrol monster).

Question is should, I wait for an updated model in 2022 given I am not in a rush to buy? When you think Kia will release the updated specs for the MY22 for Ireland?

The car looks and feels great but its missing a few key features (for me) like electric seats, heat pump and LED headlights. I am not sure though if Kia will add any of them in the MY22.

Thanks!

Kia won't import the full spec E-Niro to keep cost down, Kia Ireland import in bulk to keep cost down and this is seemingly the way they do it, Hyundai too and if you want to import the high spec one they simply won't do it, or at least they wouldn't when I inquired a few years ago.

Regarding updated spec, I'm not sure the E-Niro will get many updates from here on because the 5 and 6 are due out maybe by the end of the year however they will be expensive so who knows what lies ahead for the e-niro.

You can upgraded the lights to LED yourself but you'll need to get them adjusted after.

Heat pump isn't of much value unless you're taking the car to the max range or close range a lot which with a range of 300 - 400 Kms you probably won't be doing that often.

Electric seats are climate controlled in the E-Niro which is very handy but you won't get that spec in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 nefelodamon

Kia won't import the full spec E-Niro to keep cost down, Kia Ireland import in bulk to keep cost down and this is seemingly the way they do it, Hyundai too and if you want to import the high spec one they simply won't do it, or at least they wouldn't when I inquired a few years ago.

Regarding updated spec, I'm not sure the E-Niro will get many updates from here on because the 5 and 6 are due out maybe by the end of the year however they will be expensive so who knows what lies ahead for the e-niro.

You can upgraded the lights to LED yourself but you'll need to get them adjusted after.

Heat pump isn't of much value unless you're taking the car to the max range or close range a lot which with a range of 300 - 400 Kms you probably won't be doing that often.

Electric seats are climate controlled in the E-Niro which is very handy but you won't get that spec in Ireland.

Thanks Mad-Lad... After a bit more research it seems that Kia Ireland didn't update the E-Niro in 2021? Their specs document for download is for the MY20.

I guess I will just wait a few months and see how things play out. Maybe with the EV6 the Niro price may drop down a bit.

• Advertisement

Thanks Mad-Lad... After a bit more research it seems that Kia Ireland didn't update the E-Niro in 2021? Their specs document for download is for the MY20.

I guess I will just wait a few months and see how things play out. Maybe with the EV6 the Niro price may drop down a bit.

Actually I was researching this today and indeed Kia are updating the E-Niro for 2022. See the link below, available around Summer 2021 might be worth holding off for.

https://topelectricsuv.com/news/kia/new-kia-niro-ev-details-range-update/

No doubt Kia Ireland will only import 1 trim as usual.

Advertisement