Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Liaison

Has been answered before but cant find it..what's the difference between uk and irish spec 2020 (1st edition) e niro. Someone previously posted a great post but cant find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 nefelodamon

Maybe what the 2022 E-Niro might look like ?

Yeah... I think that's the plan for now. Will wait till August/September and see what Kia comes up with.
    The whole Habaniro concept doesn't look particularly great to me but maybe will be pleasantly surprised.

Liaison wrote: »
    Has been answered before but cant find it..what's the difference between uk and irish spec 2020 (1st edition) e niro. Someone previously posted a great post but cant find it.

The U.K get 3 trims, 2, 3 and 4

https://www.kia.com/content/dam/kwcms/kme/uk/en/assets/vehicles/e-Niro/Specification/e-niro-specification.pdf

Missing in Ireland is what the U.K call 4 E-Niro

Kia Ireland import only 1 trim mid spec to keep costs down, this is not likely to change any time soon.

Missing over 4 trim in the uk is

LED Lights
    JBL sound system
    Electric seats
    Sun Roof
    LED fog lights

I didn't think the Irish spec came with ventilated seats but the specs says it does but they also said before that it came with the JBL sound system, it doesn't.

You can upgrade the led lights yourself, just get ones that won't bling people or you'll get flashed by other drivers a lot, get them adjusted after.

You can upgrade the speakers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

You can upgrade the speakers too.

Would doing this affect the warranty? I'd love to swap out the speakers to something a bit better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

chewed wrote: »
    Would doing this affect the warranty? I'd love to swap out the speakers to something a bit better.

Upgrading the speakers does not effect the vehicle mechanics.

I replaced mine with JBL Stage 2 603C's. A world of difference. I still haven't managed to replace the dashboard speakers because I cannot figure out how to remove the current grills.

I couldn't imagine replacing the speakers would effect the warranty.

Remember to get matching speakers and tweeters.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

championc wrote: »

I replaced mine with JBL Stage 2 603C's. A world of difference. I still haven't managed to replace the dashboard speakers because I cannot figure out how to remove the current grills.

Worth it then? I must do that too. Easy to do?

Worth it then? I must do that too. Easy to do?

I'd love to do it, but would rather get an expert to put them in. Do the likes of Halfords provide this service?

I'd love to do it, but would rather get an expert to put them in. Do the likes of Halfords provide this service?

That's true, I'd be super nervous if it involved anything beyond clipping a speaker out and another in

Edit: Yeah, looks like they do

• Advertisement

That's true, I'd be super nervous if it involved anything beyond clipping a speaker out and another in

Edit: Yeah, looks like they do

Me too. I saw a few videos before of people swapping out speaers, and as soon as they mention "soldering iron", that's me gone!

Hey championc, did you also update the amplifier, or just the speakers? Did you do all 4 doors?

Are you serious ? Bloody simple. I needed to buy 6.5" spacers for the new speakers since the old ones were stuck to / part of spacers

Are you serious ? Bloody simple. I needed to buy 6.5" spacers for the new speakers since the old ones were stuck to / part of spacers

Put the old ones back in, whip out your phone and record you doing it all over again ;)

Did you swap out the speakers on each 4 doors? Did you have to change the amp?

Did you swap out the speakers on each 4 doors? Did you have to change the amp?

I simply swapped the speakers. The sets I bought had tweeters and crossovers. You just have to snip off the original connector and connect the wires to the crossover, then wire the speaker into the crossover onto the relevant terminals.

I mounted the tweeter just above the speaker and used a glue gun to hold it in place. I'll open it up later and take a picture of it.

I haven't done the front door tweeter as I felt I should possibly install them up in the front corners of the dashboard under the grills, but I haven't been able to remove the grills :(

I haven't done the front door tweeter as I felt I should possibly install them up in the front corners of the dashboard under the grills, but I haven't been able to remove the grills :(

This any use ?

http://www.kniro.net/speaker_repair_procedures-1661.html

Just make sure you get the speaker wire polarity spot on or the speakers will be out of phase and you will think your new speakers sound absolutely crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I thought I saw an article recently that the Niro WONT be an EV in its next generation but instead an EV version of some kind of Sportage replacement is on cards.

Old diesel wrote: »
    I thought I saw an article recently that the Niro WONT be an EV in its next generation but instead an EV version of some kind of Sportage replacement is on cards.

I've read conflicting reports that it will get another update for 2022 but others say that it won't so hard to know.

new software update (EUR.S5W_L.001.001.210303) available with some new features. Still no full screen Android Auto, but you can use the right panel (where AA logo is) to display and scroll through the normal menu options.

The one thing I noticed is that it now accepts eircodes in the Navigation search, which is a huge bonus.

Some of the other screens are not great, including the Radio, which looks terrible in my view.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

new software update (EUR.S5W_L.001.001.210303) available with some new features. Still no full screen Android Auto, but you can use the right panel (where AA logo is) to display and scroll through the normal menu options.

The one thing I noticed is that it now accepts eircodes in the Navigation search, which is a huge bonus.

Some of the other screens are not great, including the Radio, which looks terrible in my view.

Update procedure if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've just installed that update, over the previous purple one. Hadn't noticed that it now accepts eircodes, must check that out later.

However, with both this and the previous version, my speed limit display is messed up. It displays --- instead of the speed limit on a lot of roads, sometimes it changes from --- to the correct limit in different sections of the same road, and on one road it reads --- in one direction and 50 km/h in the other!! Very odd. Anyone else seeing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Barney224

Alun wrote: »
    I've just installed that update, over the previous purple one. Hadn't noticed that it now accepts eircodes, must check that out later.

However, with both this and the previous version, my speed limit display is messed up. It displays --- instead of the speed limit on a lot of roads, sometimes it changes from --- to the correct limit in different sections of the same road, and on one road it reads --- in one direction and 50 km/h in the other!! Very odd. Anyone else seeing this?

Are you talking about the speed limit diaply on the Maps? Or on the Instrument Cluster? I could be wrong, but as far as I'm aware, these updates only affect the infotainment screen.

Barney224 wrote: »
    Are you talking about the speed limit diaply on the Maps? Or on the Instrument Cluster? I could be wrong, but as far as I'm aware, these updates only affect the infotainment screen.
    Both. They both display exactly the same data, but I assume the data comes from the map data in the infotainment unit.

Yes, it works! Well spotted. It doesn't do any kind of auto-completion, like it does for addresses, as you're typing it in so it doesn't look like it's working, but it does.

Yes, it works! Well spotted. It doesn't do any kind of auto-completion, like it does for addresses, as you're typing it in so it doesn't look like it's working, but it does.

Even though I don't like a lot of the updates, it's definitely worth it to have the eircodes working in the navigation.

I simply swapped the speakers. The sets I bought had tweeters and crossovers. You just have to snip off the original connector and connect the wires to the crossover, then wire the speaker into the crossover onto the relevant terminals.

I mounted the tweeter just above the speaker and used a glue gun to hold it in place. I'll open it up later and take a picture of it.

Did you have to add or replace a subwoofer?

Did you have to add or replace a subwoofer?

There's no subwoofer on the non-JBL factory setup. So all I've done is replace the door speakers front and back

There's no subwoofer on the non-JBL factory setup. So all I've done is replace the door speakers front and back

OK thanks. I didn't think just changing the speakers would have much of an improvement, without a bit of extra bass.

• Advertisement

OK thanks. I didn't think just changing the speakers would have much of an improvement, without a bit of extra bass.

There's far more clarity / sharpness / preciseness in the music and even dialogue. And I am no audiogeek. I'm sure a real one would be able to explain the technicalities better. But the cones are much deeper and the magnets huge.

Advertisement