Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 JPLee

I think the above model is the next generation of Niro. If so, it will be available in 2022 in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

JPLee wrote: »
    I think the above model is the next generation of Niro. If so, it will be available in 2022 in Ireland.

But I don't think that there will be an e-Niro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭fafy

championc wrote: »

I test drove an E Niro this morning, i asked about the new facelift, and the dealer manager, said he was aware of it, but did not think it would be on the road this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes, given the recent announcement of the EV6, I'd assumed that future EV's would be called EV1, EV2 ... EV5 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fitz213

Hi

Current Ioniq driver. Looking seriously at the eNiro to get from ~200km to ~400km range for greater flexibility and also I think 200km range cars will depreciate faster. Two questions:
    1. Is there any difference between the second hand 2020 models for sale and the 2021 new?
    2. Has anyone used a bike rack on an eNiro on motorway and how much of a battery drag is that?

Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

There was no update between 2020 and 2021. That's assuming the second hand ones are the actual 2020 model and not ones from 2019 which were still being sold into 2020.

No idea about the bike rack question.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

What is on the newer 2020 model that isn't in the first edition? Bigger screen, anything else of note?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

JPLee ]I think the above model is the next generation of Niro. If so, it will be available in 2022
    Very classy looking Niro. If the new Sportage which is also due next year also looks something like that then that's good. If it looks like what a lot of other sites are saying then that's bad

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    What is on the newer 2020 model that isn't in the first edition? Bigger screen, anything else of note?

Main thing is the 11kW AC charger. Also has rear heated seats, and the rear light cluster changed to the present one
    fitz213 wrote: »
    2. Has anyone used a bike rack on an eNiro on motorway and how much of a battery drag is that ?

The only type of bike rack that you can fit is the type that clips onto the rear, because you cannot connect a towbar to eNiro's (insurance restriction)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

There's the app and maybe front parking sensors. An owner can comment on the sensors, but the FE didn't have them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

There's the app and maybe front parking sensors. An owner can comment on the sensors, but the FE didn't have them.

Yep have app and front sensors,

Rear heated seats

11kw ac charger.

Oh unrelated, but the car does go into a deep sleep, well for charging control anyway

Eg park car on Friday but plug it in on a Sunday evening, the scheduled charge doesn't start until you "wake" the car up either through the app or unlocking it.

Happens even if charging from solar:
    Have it charging on Saturday, from solar with all schedules off, I have to wake it up again on Sunday to resume charging. (I usually just press refresh on the app).

Thanks.

Whats a good price for a year old second edition?

Thanks.

Whats a good price for a year old second edition?

2019 models are going for 34ish k so prob around that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

graememk wrote: »

According to DoneDeal, 2019 models are around €30k.

chewed wrote: »
    According to DoneDeal, 2019 models are around €30k.

There are a couple of 39kWh Niros around that seem hard to shift. They're around €30K alright.

The 192, 64kWh Niro that I traded in at the end of February was snapped up at €34K, but it was spotless and still had the new car smell. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Hi Everyone.

Has anyone fitted a rear bumper protector to their Niro ?
    The rear bumper could easily be damaged putting stuff into & out of the boot.
    I've seen these online but know nothing about them ?
    https://www.winparts.ie/body-panels-mouldings/bumper-grille/rear-bumper-protection/c159/abs-rear-bumper-protector-kia-niro-9-2016-black/p1062286.html

amdaley28 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone.

Has anyone fitted a rear bumper protector to their Niro ?
    The rear bumper could easily be damaged putting stuff into & out of the boot.
    I've seen these online but know nothing about them ?
    https://www.winparts.ie/body-panels-mouldings/bumper-grille/rear-bumper-protection/c159/abs-rear-bumper-protector-kia-niro-9-2016-black/p1062286.html

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/383961046412

I put this on the ID.3, I had one from there on the e-Niro and on the Ioniq before that. Cheap as chips and avoids scratching, virtually invisible too. Easy to fit.

He has them for most cars.

Edit... He doesn't seem to have the Niro one at the moment.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/383961046412

I put this on the ID.3, I had one from there on the e-Niro and on the Ioniq before that. Cheap as chips and avoids scratching, virtually invisible too. Easy to fit.

He has them for most cars.

Edit... He doesn't seem to have the Niro one at the moment.

Are they easy to remove? I'd rather this transparent one over the ugly grey strip

Are they easy to remove? I'd rather this transparent one over the ugly grey strip

I've never tried to remove one, but I would expect them to be the same as any vinyl sticker. A bit of heat and it should peel off. Any residue would be easily removed with white spirit or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭fafy

graememk wrote: »

I was quoted on Monday, 37.5k for a brand new E Niro, including metallic paint, straight sale, choice of colours and free charger. An extra 3.5 k for a brand new one rather than 2 years old seems to make sense.

• Advertisement

fafy wrote: »
    I was quoted on Monday, 37.5k for a brand new E Niro, including metallic paint, straight sale, choice of colours and free charger. An extra 3.5 k for a brand new one rather than 2 years old seems to make sense.

Wow, we were lucky to get a free pen from the stealers. You are the first person to ever mention being offered one with any money off - and a sizable chunk at that. Where was it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Was it the 64kWh version? If so then that's a great deal, I was quoted €42k before Christmas

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

PM sent. If that's the 64kWh version I'm very interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭BENJIspendlove

Main thing is the 11kW AC charger. Also has rear heated seats, and the rear light cluster changed to the present one

The only type of bike rack that you can fit is the type that clips onto the rear, because you cannot connect a towbar to eNiro's (insurance restriction)

Is the rear heated seats definite? The dealer did mention to me it had them, but I cant find any documention to say the eniro does, only front seats.

Is the rear heated seats definite? The dealer did mention to me it had them, but I cant find any documention to say the eniro does, only front seats.

Yes, on the 20/21 models. I have them in my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭BENJIspendlove

Yes, on the 20/21 models. I have them in my car.

Ah cool, wish I could find some updated documents to show new features.

I also saw a dealer video in ireland mention led headlamps, but also can't find any clarification anywhere regarding this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Any examples of real world ranges from people here?
    Winter and summer please

gar wrote: »
    Any examples of real world ranges from people here?
    Winter and summer please

Our GOM is fairly on point.

Daily commute is 80km round trip, at 100%, N roads, no moterway, little traffic
    GOM Summer : 420, winter 380ish

Occasional trip of 265km, back home with 38% recently, sometimes low 30's in winter.

Longest trip was 300 odd km bit of everything, landed back with just under 20% (80km on the GOM).

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

Just got delivery of E Niro-is the frunk worthwhile? any idea on price??

• Advertisement

Baoithin66 wrote: »
    Just got delivery of E Niro-is the frunk worthwhile? any idea on price??

€210 for the frunk. They take a load of stuff out of the boot. I had some tools, the jack, the charge cable and some safety gear in mine, and still had plenty of room left over.

I happen to have a frunk and a spacesaver spare wheel and tools that I can do a good deal on. ;) PM if interested.

Advertisement